• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vardelda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon9
Occupation
Gemini
Amazon owns >20% of Rivian and have made their vans a key component of their delivery infrastructure plans. I think they're going to be just fine for many years to come. I don't really see a scenario where Tesla implodes anytime soon, either.

I have serious doubts about the long-term viability of Lucid, Lordstown, Fisker, and Nikola, but not Rivian or Tesla.
I'll be amazed if Rivian isn't gone in 3 yrs. Forgetting how insecure that Amazon investment actually is, the industry in general is in for massive consolidation - the only question is when it begins. Big players are waiting for Tesla stock to crash (and despite their successes, they surely will eventually) so the rest of the industry valuations come back to a level they can absorb. Buy a Lightning: You'll get typical Ford support (whether you like it or not) for a decade. Buy a Rivian/Lucid/NKLA/etc: You may be begging Mercedes/Audi/Mazda to support that defunct product line way earlier than you think.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'll be amazed if Rivian isn't gone in 3 yrs. Forgetting how insecure that Amazon investment actually is, the industry in general is in for massive consolidation - the only question is when it begins. Big players are waiting for Tesla stock to crash (and despite their successes, they surely will eventually) so the rest of the industry valuations come back to a level they can absorb. Buy a Lightning: You'll get typical Ford support (whether you like it or not) for a decade. Buy a Rivian/Lucid/NKLA/etc: You may be begging Mercedes/Audi/Mazda to support that defunct product line way earlier than you think.
The one thing Rivian has that the other's don't along with the Amazon investment is the rivalry between Bezos and Musk. As long as Jeff has money, and the rivalry continues, Rivian will have all of the capital it needs. Though, it may just be bought out by Amazon and have name change.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
The one thing Rivian has that the other's don't along with the Amazon investment is the rivalry between Bezos and Musk. As long as Jeff has money, and the rivalry continues, Rivian will have all of the capital it needs. Though, it may just be bought out by Amazon and have name change.
I don't think it will change it name to Amazon. Imagine going a Autozone in the future, and saying you have a 2025 Amazon EZ1. It would just be odd...

vardelda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon9
Occupation
Gemini
There's no rivalry at 20% stake. Not only that, check the news: Amazon is already branching out to other suppliers. You're counting on something blossoming that doesn't even exist -- with current indications being it never will. If you believe in Rivian (or LCID or NKLA etc) then invest in them directly. But I've no interest in investing my vehicle money in a platform that is a near certain risk of not being around in 10 years.

vardelda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Falcon9
Occupation
Gemini
Due to inflation, and the cost of lithium now going up due to demand, I doubt things will get cheaper.
Lithium is plentiful -- that's just a short term supply issue. Overall battery costs are plummeting as new manufacturing and tech comes online. He's right: Ford is charging a premium for something in scarce supply (actual vehicles). In a couple of years, that will not be the case as every major manufacturer gears up with multiple EV lines.

Sponsored

cdubculvy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline
I may have missed it and can't find the answer... I reserved the "WT or RTS". I'm only interested in the WT though I'm an individual, not a fleet owner. Will I be able to order one?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
As far as I could figure out - yes for Summer 2024.

Walle1jm

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning SR XLT 312A
I used the search tool and couldn’t find anything on this so my apologies to all if already discussed. I was looking at XLT w/ 312A - anyone notice it says “included“ for Tailgate – Power with Unique Rear Signature Lighting, although the computer generated image does not update to show the light bar.

Hard to think it’s an option typo? Or maybe it is. Do we think XLT 312A gets the signature rear light bar on the tailgate? If so that would be a nice development.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I used the search tool and couldn’t find anything on this so my apologies to all if already discussed. I was looking at XLT w/ 312A - anyone notice it says “included“ for Tailgate – Power with Unique Rear Signature Lighting, although the computer generated image does not update to show the light bar.

Hard to think it’s an option typo? Or maybe it is. Do we think XLT 312A gets the signature rear light bar on the tailgate? If so that would be a nice development.
Considering how much they charge for the 312A package you damn well should get the rear light bar.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
Considering how much they charge for the 312A package you damn well should get the rear light bar.
It makes me think that the Platinum BEV was going to be the Limited, but they couldn't do certain things due to the price/weight/supply, so they just made it Platinum.
Sponsored