? Tyger T1 Soft Tonneau Cover ?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or experience with the Tyger T1 soft roll up tonneau cover?

https://www.tygerauto.com/tyger-t1-soft-roll-up.html
Ford F-150 ? Tyger T1 Soft Tonneau Cover ? C1543B1F-AFCD-483A-8122-E113951D28DE

Ford F-150 ? Tyger T1 Soft Tonneau Cover ? 305F9005-85F8-4621-9A15-FA2CCC2BCBAF

Ford F-150 ? Tyger T1 Soft Tonneau Cover ? 36E0753D-6247-4D27-A658-9F8234ECB6CA

I originally wanted the Truxedo Sentry CT at some point later on, but if things work out like I hope they do, I’ll need a tonneau cover shortly after I take delivery of the truck. I wanted to save the $800+ that the Sentry costs, and put it towards a ceramic coat and clear bra.

The Tyger T1 runs $180 and has pretty great reviews and decent quality from what I can tell. I know it’s not rigid, and aluminum backed/framed like the Sentry, but I’m hoping it’ll do the trick for a couple years until I can get new one.

What do you guys think? A good buy, or is there something I’m missing?
Sponsored

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
I’ve never owned this particular brand, but I’ve owned hard roll up and soft roll up tonneau covers. My opinion is the soft roll up is the way to go. Much easier to get out of the way when you need to get into the truck bed, gives you 99.9% bed access, lighter, and costs a fraction of a hard roll up.

in my 20+ years of owning trucks with tonneau covers, I’ve never had an incident where a hard tonneau cover proved it was worth the extra cost or extra weight.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I originally started with soft in mind due to cost, then I heard from a few reviews that they will flap on the freeway at specific speeds when it hits the resonant frequency. Even the ones with aluminum cross members every foot or so. So I don't know but that made me look at the folding hard that is removable when needed.

If you only plan it as temporary, I say go as cheap as possible, but I'd personally wanna see it in an accessory store first to check for tautness and how well the industrial velcro fastens.

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
I’ve never owned this particular brand, but I’ve owned hard roll up and soft roll up tonneau covers. My opinion is the soft roll up is the way to go. Much easier to get out of the way when you need to get into the truck bed, gives you 99.9% bed access, lighter, and costs a fraction of a hard roll up.

in my 20+ years of owning trucks with tonneau covers, I’ve never had an incident where a hard tonneau cover proved it was worth the extra cost or extra weight.
I agree. I've only had 1 brand, on my current truck, Truxedo and have been fairly satisfied. What brand have you liked?

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I originally started with soft in mind due to cost, then I heard from a few reviews that they will flap on the freeway at specific speeds when it hits the resonant frequency. Even the ones with aluminum cross members every foot or so. So I don't know but that made me look at the folding hard that is removable when needed.

If you only plan it as temporary, I say go as cheap as possible, but I'd personally wanna see it in an accessory store first to check for tautness and how well the industrial velcro fastens.
The floppiness in the wind was what I was concerned about too. Some of the reviews I’ve seen have said it is minimal to non-existent at highway speeds. I hope they are right.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

That is my thought process too!

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The floppiness in the wind was what I was concerned about too. Some of the reviews I’ve seen have said it is minimal to non-existent at highway speeds. I hope they are right.
I've had a soft tonneau on my Nissan Frontier for 11 years, never experienced floppiness that was concerning at all at highway speeds.

mark1976

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 2.7 Sport 302A
Does anyone have any thoughts, opinions, or experience with the Tyger T1 soft roll up tonneau cover?

C1543B1F-AFCD-483A-8122-E113951D28DE.jpeg

305F9005-85F8-4621-9A15-FA2CCC2BCBAF.jpeg

36E0753D-6247-4D27-A658-9F8234ECB6CA.jpeg

I originally wanted the Truxedo Sentry CT at some point later on, but if things work out like I hope they do, I’ll need a tonneau cover shortly after I take delivery of the truck. I wanted to save the $800+ that the Sentry costs, and put it towards a ceramic coat and clear bra.

The Tyger T1 runs $180 and has pretty great reviews and decent quality from what I can tell. I know it’s not rigid, and aluminum backed/framed like the Sentry, but I’m hoping it’ll do the trick for a couple years until I can get new one.

I have this tonneau cover. Originally installed it on my 2018 F150 and transferred it to my 2021. Still looks good 3 years later and the fit is perfect.

Sponsored

Nomadic_One

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum Powerboost FX4
Occupation
Retired
I've been using the Access Vanish Roll Up tonneau cover on my 2016 KR for the last 4 years, and it has held up remarkably well. It's not the cheapest or comes with the best warranty, but it does it's job great and has been very durable.

I just ordered one for my new truck off ebay for a significant discount off of the retail price.

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Does the Tyger roll up still allow the Power Tailgate to function as it should?

Whtmale49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Courier

C1543B1F-AFCD-483A-8122-E113951D28DE.jpeg

305F9005-85F8-4621-9A15-FA2CCC2BCBAF.jpeg

36E0753D-6247-4D27-A658-9F8234ECB6CA.jpeg

I have owned nothing but soft tonneau covers on 5 different Tacomas then 3 F150s that said all where the clip in kind this cover is velcro. I was talking to a salesman at Hitch City he said he did not recommend the velcro there cheap for a reason do not last had several customers complain about them. If your going with a soft tonneau cover he recommends a 3 folding one they cost around $250. That is the kind I will purchase.

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have owned nothing but soft tonneau covers on 5 different Tacomas then 3 F150s that said all where the clip in kind this cover is velcro. I was talking to a salesman at Hitch City he said he did not recommend the velcro there cheap for a reason do not last had several customers complain about them. If your going with a soft tonneau cover he recommends a 3 folding one they cost around $250. That is the kind I will purchase.
What brand is that? I've had 2 trucks, both with soft tonneau that use velcro and have had no issues.

Whtmale49

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Courier
What brand is that? I've had 2 trucks, both with soft tonneau that use velcro and have had no issues.
How often did you open and close the cover? Was it winter and summer use? How does it close up in the winter when it is minus 20 degrees? I am in Canada where you from?
Sponsored