Sponsored

? Tyger T1 Soft Tonneau Cover ?

clipperqb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150, 3.5 EB, Super Crew, 4X4
How often did you open and close the cover? Was it winter and summer use? How does it close up in the winter when it is minus 20 degrees? I am in Canada where you from?
I'm in New Hampshire. 4 degrees currently. No garage. Opened and closed whenever I needed to. -20? We get there but nah I probably wouldn't need to open it. Just saying I never had problems. All I was curious about was what the "3 folding one" the salesman was recommending. Thanks.
Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Just got the Tyger T1 roll up from amazon and it seems okay so far for basically cheap coverage. Just need to keep camp chairs, firewood, and/or luggage mostly dry on road trips. The only issue is making sure the two bars lay the correct way when closing as they like to flip upside down and also making sure the velcro lays straight on both sides. It is a lot easier to open and close than the bakflip MX4 trifold I had on a previous truck. I don't care as much about security against someone with a knife and want to keep payload down. And it was only $230.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Me too...love it.

Ford F-150 ? Tyger T1 Soft Tonneau Cover ? 20220508_144305

sarnold247

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT SuperCrew 3.5 with FX4 and 3.55 gear
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Just got the Tyger T1 roll up from amazon and it seems okay so far for basically cheap coverage. Just need to keep camp chairs, firewood, and/or luggage mostly dry on road trips. The only issue is making sure the two bars lay the correct way when closing as they like to flip upside down and also making sure the velcro lays straight on both sides. It is a lot easier to open and close than the bakflip MX4 trifold I had on a previous truck. I don't care as much about security against someone with a knife and want to keep payload down. And it was only $230.
Out of curiosity, what do you mean the two bars flipping? I just installed a tyger t1 on my 2023 f150 short bed today and the bars are arched up in the air and the end piece doesn’t seal very well against the tailgate. The entire cover appears to flop in the wind as if air is getting under it and the end piece seems to bounce a little. The tension brackets are showing 4 lines and it snaps down so I don’t think I could move them forward at all.

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Out of curiosity, what do you mean the two bars flipping? I just installed a tyger t1 on my 2023 f150 short bed today and the bars are arched up in the air and the end piece doesn’t seal very well against the tailgate. The entire cover appears to flop in the wind as if air is getting under it and the end piece seems to bounce a little. The tension brackets are showing 4 lines and it snaps down so I don’t think I could move them forward at all.
Everytime it gets rolled up and rolled back the bars don't want to settle correctly, have to roll them into the correct position.

BILDOZER

First Name
BILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Management
I have had this cover since new on my 2021 f150 and overall it is fantastic. I will say it isn't perfect with very slight leakage from the tailgate seal but other than that it exceeded my expectations! I have driven to the ocean and over mountain passes in heavy wind and haven't had any wind issues. I do use 3-M 303 protectant on it once a year and it still looks new.

sarnold247

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DoD Contractor
Everytime it gets rolled up and rolled back the bars don't want to settle correctly, have to roll them into the correct position.
I went out and looked at mine. It has two cross bars that are arched upwards “to aid in water drainage”. I tried flipping those two over but the cover just sinks. Wonder why mine doesn’t sit flush across like others I’ve seen and why I have arched cross bars instead of flat ones. A bunch of the photos I’ve seen online of this cover show it flat across instead of arched uo

sarnold247

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
DoD Contractor
I have had this cover since new on my 2021 f150 and overall it is fantastic. I will say it isn't perfect with very slight leakage from the tailgate seal but other than that it exceeded my expectations! I have driven to the ocean and over mountain passes in heavy wind and haven't had any wind issues. I do use 3-M 303 protectant on it once a year and it still looks new.
Do you have the arched cross bars?

UncleFester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150
I originally purchase a Tyger 3 panel cover for my 2018, moved it to a 2021 and now on a 2023. It still looks and works like new, it has had two plus feet of snow on it, never leaked, cover nice and tight to the cross rails and doesnt move at freeway speeds. Money well spent.

BILDOZER

First Name
BILL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat, 2017 Ford Escape
Occupation
Management
Do you have the arched cross bars?
I do have the bars. Occasionaly I have had to adjust them when covering the bed after being rolled up but no biggie once you know to check them. Most times the cover unrolls with the bows in the correct position.
Sponsored