BuddyT

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 BAP PB
About time!!!
The rim style is growing on me the more I see it.. this package will look real good with the carbonized grey.
The wheels have grown on me too. I always liked the black version better than the regular platinum wheels and though some people don't like the gloss...well...they're going to be dirty 90% of the time so they're really just going to be some mix of rock dust and brake dust color on mine anyway so not all that glossy.
Sponsored

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
The wheels have grown on me too. I always liked the black version better than the regular platinum wheels and though some people don't like the gloss...well...they're going to be dirty 90% of the time so they're really just going to be some mix of rock dust and brake dust color on mine anyway so not all that glossy.
Agreed! I’m not sure why most people hate gloss black. I am a fan of gloss black wheels when everything is clean and the tires are shined up it looks good. Very hard to keep clean though. Black lugs are the first thing I’ll be swapping though

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX 69E09F69-D5F9-4471-88B6-781EAEB91F36

Unsure how accurate the build and price pics are, but it appears the shifter is all black, instead of chrome accents in the sport … and that sliding storage compartment door where the wireless charger is appears glossy black, instead of chrome. Maybe it’s just my eyes and who knows since it’s just a digital pic. But I’m a fan of it

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Omg , thats tailgate appliqué is butt ugly on a star white. What were they thinking with such a bland design. And will they really have blue oval ford emblems on a BAP?

5C682BAB-45F6-4A07-BA36-951CB5767A96.jpeg

56DA72DC-3346-4A89-9F57-A269E4073FA0.jpeg

And here is something else i noticed. a platinum grill which stands out from XL and XLT ones is shown with PAB to look like some cheap plastic resembling XL looking truck. What is up with that?

And the fact that the ford logos are still blue on BAP trucks, that just kills it for me. This BAP kills the look of an F150. If you want to do it the right way. take it to Akins or some other quality shop to black it out.

Unless all of these rendered images are completely off and the end result will be something different. But i’m not holding my breath on that.

Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX DDE78AAA-55F2-4761-AEA3-EBD1FFD067B3

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
And here is something else i noticed. a platinum grill which stands out from XL and XLT ones is shown with PAB to look like some cheap plastic resembling XL looking truck. What is up with that?

And the fact that the ford logos are still blue on BAP trucks, that just kills it for me. This BAP kills the look of an F150. If you want to do it the right way. take it to Akins or some other quality shop to black it out.

Unless all of these rendered images are completely off and the end result will be something different. But i’m not holding my breath on that.

DDE78AAA-55F2-4761-AEA3-EBD1FFD067B3.jpeg
The grill on the BAP trucks is the same grill as the tremor, minus the orange stripe. And it’s got some gloss to it as opposed to a matte finish….

The ford logos will not be blue. As stated in the order guide, and the few real life pics we’ve seen of the BAP posted in this forum the ovals are all black, not blue. The B&P just went up and clearly has some kinks left in it. The black tailgate appliqué on the platinum is exactly how most people have done theirs aftermarket chrome delete

Sponsored

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
The grill on the BAP trucks is the same grill as the tremor, minus the orange stripe. And it’s got some gloss to it as opposed to a matte finish….

The ford logos will not be blue. As stated in the order guide, and the few real life pics we’ve seen of the BAP posted in this forum the ovals are all black, not blue. The B&P just went up and clearly has some kinks left in it. The black tailgate appliqué on the platinum is exactly how most people have done theirs aftermarket chrome delete
I hope you are right when all is said and done and the BAP trucks show up at the dealers. As of right now looking at the configurator the whole package does not look cohesive and is not appealing to look at. In comparison, when i look at BAP on Superduty, its the exact opposite effect, it looks right right out of the gate, makes me want to select right away.

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
I hope you are right when all is said and done and the BAP trucks show up at the dealers. As of right now looking at the configurator the whole package does not look cohesive and is not appealing to look at. In comparison, when i look at BAP on Superduty, its the exact opposite effect, it looks right right out of the gate, makes me want to select right away.
Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX B66153C2-2682-4389-908B-500C786866FF

Found this pic on another forum here. Can’t say for sure what the BAP did to the tailgate but from the pics you posted it looks identical to what this guy did… I like the look of it but to me I feel like the bright red tail lights are what makes it look out of place. The BAP is supposed to come with tinted tail lights as well but that is not showing on the B&P right now… the tremor comes with slightly tinted tails. Makes a big difference . so I’d assume that’s what the BAP tail lights will be as well

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
B66153C2-2682-4389-908B-500C786866FF.png

Found this pic on another forum here. Can’t say for sure what the BAP did to the tailgate but from the pics you posted it looks identical to what this guy did… I like the look of it but to me I feel like the bright red tail lights are what makes it look out of place. The BAP is supposed to come with tinted tail lights as well but that is not showing on the B&P right now… the tremor comes with slightly tinted tails. Makes a big difference . so I’d assume that’s what the BAP tail lights will be as well
Take a careful look at the configurator and the truck pictures you posted - its a completely different grille on a platinum. The custom job is on the original platinum grill and looks classy. The configuration grill is a different shape and looks rather plasticky matte in comparison. Same can be said for the tailgate appliqué- shiny metallic gloss on custom a, dull plastic on configurator photo.

I’ll wait for real world 2022 BAP photos to judge, but so far the entire rendered package looks rather disappointing to me.

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Take a careful look at the configurator and the truck pictures you posted - its a completely different grille on a platinum. The custom job is on the original platinum grill and looks classy. The configuration grill is a different shape and looks rather plasticky matte in comparison. Same can be said for the tailgate appliqué- shiny metallic gloss on custom a, dull plastic on configurator photo.

I’ll wait for real world 2022 BAP photos to judge, but so far the entire rendered package looks rather disappointing to me.
Oh yeah I can’t disagree with you on the BAP grill for the platinum. I like it on the lariat…. But as for the platinum I definitely agree with you that it should have its own specific grill seeing as it’s a platinum and it’s kind of in a league of its own. You should be able to look at it from the front and be able to tell right away that it’s a platinum. I think the tailgate will be fine when it’s all done

F150SWPlat

First Name
Aleksandr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Platinum 2021-2022
Occupation
IT
Oh yeah I can’t disagree with you on the BAP grill for the platinum. I like it on the lariat…. But as for the platinum I definitely agree with you that it should have its own specific grill seeing as it’s a platinum and it’s kind of in a league of its own. You should be able to look at it from the front and be able to tell right away that it’s a platinum. I think the tailgate will be fine when it’s all done
I know i come off sounding negative on a BAP, but it’s either A. The rendered photos are half baked and don’t do the package justice or B. Ford rushed BAP and it will end up looking rather underwhelming on a platty or C. a little bit of both.

Lets wait and see what happens when folks start posting photos of their BAP trucks.

Sponsored

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I know i come off sounding negative on a BAP, but it’s either A. The rendered photos are half baked and don’t do the package justice or B. Ford rushed BAP and it will end up looking rather underwhelming on a platty or C. a little bit of both.

Lets wait and see what happens when folks start posting photos of their BAP trucks.
Really hope, and honestly think it is A, the renderings are just not done yet. We have seen some real-world BAP pictures on another forum, and it looks good, to me at least.

Badhabit

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 SCrew 4x4 5.0 302A
I know i come off sounding negative on a BAP,
Sounding negative about it is fine. But just remember that the aesthetics are 100% subjective. A lot of people might think it's the best looking thing ever. Neither them nor you are wrong or right.

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150
Really hope, and honestly think it is A, the renderings are just not done yet. We have seen some real-world BAP pictures on another forum, and it looks good, to me at least.
Agreed! The real world pics of the white lariat BAP that was posted looks great to me.
to get the black interior, tremor hood and black power boards all for basically the same price as a regular sport appearance pkg w power boards is a win. The rims aren’t the best but those can be changed easily. The darkened headlight bezels are a minor change but look much better as well

Coreytrevor

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150

I’m not sure the pricing in the US but In Canada I had the dealer price me a 502A lariat PB w reg sport appearance , power boards and the 20inch sport wheels versus the same thing but BAP , power boards etc and they were like $100 difference. For the lariat that’s a great deal - to get rid of the red interior, add black badges, tailgate and tremor hood and have the boards black instead of chrome. It was a no brainer for me

BuddyT

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum FX4 BAP PB
I can 100% guarantee the that renderings aren't done yet...unless of course Platinums are going to come with both regular and tow mirrors and the Lariat is going to come with 3 tailpipes. :)

Also, the interior still shows the temp displays on the knobs and the wheels on the vents. Those seem to be gone from '22s based on what several people have seen in theirs. Another oversight I assume.

I've seen the site change at least three times today, so I'm pretty sure they are working on the bug fixes.

Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX 1642799866259

Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX 1642799754226

Ford F-150 ⚫️Pics: Black Appearance Package on 2022 F-150 XLT and STX 1642799966599
Sponsored