• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
It was good to see a Lariat in more detail. Lightning could have been better though.

My main take away is that Atlas blue doesn't really work with the Lightning badges - they basically dissappear. Some may like that but I don't. I think I will have to change to rapid red if the iced blue silver is more silver than blue.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Thanks for posting. I've been impatiently waiting additional information about the lightning. Hoping for an official configurator soon!

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
I wonder if they’ll let anyone sit in it at the auto show, or they’re only inviting a few to do that.

edit: I’ll find out tonight!

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I cant put my finger on it but the interior still looks incomplete to me. I think it might be the lack of the chrome outline around the cluster like in the ICE F-150

Sponsored
OP
OP
DJ NV

DJ NV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Thanks for posting. I've been impatiently waiting additional information about the lightning. Hoping for an official configurator soon!

??me too, I would like more content to consume on the Lightning; lots of the videos on YouTube are just Pic roll or non informative.

OP
OP
DJ NV

DJ NV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
It was good to see a Lariat in more detail. Lightning could have been better though.

My main take away is that Atlas blue doesn't really work with the Lightning badges - they basically dissappear. Some may like that but I don't. I think I will have to change to rapid red if the iced blue silver is more silver than blue.
I didn't notice that Atlas blue did that with the badging; though from all the footage I've grown to like the color on the truck (and I'm not one for a blue color on a vehicle).

?? I believe this is iced blue silver; can't really tell with the way colors look on my tablet tho; he does mention it is iced blue silver.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

The Lightning badge seems to stand out more on the ford.com colorizer. Its almost as if the show truck has it painted blue for some reason...the colorizer has it black. I would like to see more contrast, but the two look like different badges to me.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
The conversation with Darren Palmer(head of Ford EVs) was most interesting. He was very guarded with additional details... didn't let slip anything we had not known. I wish the interviewer would have asked a bit more about range, confirm his earlier statements that 300mi was based on a load of 1000lbs in the frunk.

One thing is clear(and expands on the convo in another thread)...Ford is taking range concerns very seriously and the truck calculates range based on load, trailer specs(if needed), the route(is it hilly, flat, curvy, etc), speed(highway vs stoplights, speed limit)and even weather data(winds). I found that to be really cool. They are really going the extra mile to make alleviate range anxiety. It also appears like the truck will take data and get more accurate over time based on past experience(driver habits, etc). Very cool.

I think 300mi is very conservative number(confirms what people are seeing in the Mach E) and can go upwards depending upon load and driver style.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I didn't notice that Atlas blue did that with the badging; though from all the footage I've grown to like the color on the truck (and I'm not one for a blue color on a vehicle).

?? I believe this is iced blue silver; can't really tell with the way colors look on my tablet tho; he does mention it is iced blue silver.

Yeah, in that video and others it just looks like silver to me, but some of the photos make it looks baby blue. I would love a baby blue (with a metallic silver tinge) , but have no interest in a silver - even with a bluish tinge.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
The Lightning badge seems to stand out more on the ford.com colorizer. Its almost as if the show truck has it painted blue for some reason...the colorizer has it black. I would like to see more contrast, but the two look like different badges to me.
The badge seems to be black with blue highlights in everything I have seen. That usually really pops (and I like it), but the highlight blue is just too close to atlas blue and it blends in.

Sapphire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost Platinum
They have 2 Lightnings at the Chicago Auto Show, but they aren’t letting regular folks sit in either of them. I saw the blue Lariat in the videos above, and they have a silver (maybe that iced blue silver) Platinum in the Ford Electrify outdoor experience. The trucks were beautiful in person. I’m wondering what those odd cutouts in the front below the bumper are though. I’m still not sure if I’ll be able to get away with such a big vehicle where I live, but I love dreaming of everything I can do with the truck. At least I have months to plan before ordering is even available.
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡ F-150 Lightning⚡) Chicago Auto Show coverage; and an extra one 9F5DDBAA-C7DE-4008-8B72-B1D29B46CD24
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡ F-150 Lightning⚡) Chicago Auto Show coverage; and an extra one 658AA477-9AD2-4090-AFCD-3032AC20D836
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡ F-150 Lightning⚡) Chicago Auto Show coverage; and an extra one 48037425-29F9-457B-A2B4-FF60517C0277
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡ F-150 Lightning⚡) Chicago Auto Show coverage; and an extra one B79D42CC-2408-47EC-BFB0-9CDDA0BE595D
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡ F-150 Lightning⚡) Chicago Auto Show coverage; and an extra one 2CAFE7B8-56A5-46A8-AC6D-F70F31DD95C5
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡ F-150 Lightning⚡) Chicago Auto Show coverage; and an extra one 0C28FFC0-EC93-42A7-A9D9-E0E3B46B4F5C
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡ F-150 Lightning⚡) Chicago Auto Show coverage; and an extra one 3C66958B-E5F8-423F-872E-1EBC1F1A02AA
Ford F-150 Lightning (⚡ F-150 Lightning⚡) Chicago Auto Show coverage; and an extra one A32C9277-B7C0-49BE-86A7-F65890971ECE

Last edited:

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Are you talking about the tow hooks?