2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yup. The full Chapman thread goes into all of this.
Just skimmed it, that's shitty. Glad I ordered from Granger. I'm a cash buyer so even confirmed I didn't need to finance through them before I ordered.

DarkSkyForever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang GT, 2022 F150 701A (Ordered)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just skimmed it, that's shitty. Glad I ordered from Granger. I'm a cash buyer so even confirmed I didn't need to finance through them before I ordered.

Also glad I've ordered from Granger. Reading through all the various threads w/ Granger and others made me happy with my choice.

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I just did the math, and my price increased by $1580. I'm honestly not even going to sweat that, maybe I can get them to throw in a Rhino Lining for my trouble.

Sponsored

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just did the math, and my price increased by $1580. I'm honestly not even going to sweat that, maybe I can get them to throw in a Rhino Lining for my trouble.
Ah I guess. I mean, $1580 isn't anything to sneeze at, even as a guy who is about to write a check for my truck. Plus its more the principal, you had an agreement which will no longer be honored. That said, it sound like you don't have much of a choice unless you walk away. But I'd smear the hell out of them on every outlet I could if I were you.

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
Ah I guess. I mean, $1580 isn't anything to sneeze at, even as a guy who is about to write a check for my truck. Plus its more the principal, you had an agreement which will no longer be honored. That said, it sound like you don't have much of a choice unless you walk away. But I'd smear the hell out of them on every outlet I could if I were you.

I was just curious.

Is there any reason youre paying cash?

Are there cash purchase incentives ATM?

Are finance rates super high in your area?

Personally I would never do this.. Id ather finance at 1.99% and have my money make significantly more than that for me over the term.

Just a way to help lower Total Cost of Ownership for me. Id rather hold my money and put it use than have Ford hold it.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was just curious.

Is there any reason youre paying cash?

Are there cash purchase incentives ATM?

Are finance rates super high in your area?

Personally I would never do this.. Id ather finance at 1.99% and have my money make significantly more than that for me over the term.

Just a way to help lower Total Cost of Ownership for me. Id rather hold my money and put it use than have Ford hold it.
Yeah that's a longer discussion. In short, I understand the math, I just don't like payments, we do lot's of other investing, and I've got the money.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thats totally fair.
Also, let me explain in like this, if I gave you the title of your new truck, free and clear, would you "mortgage" it for lack of a better term to be able to invest that money?

Sponsored

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hell YES!!
Haha, well didn't expect that. Would you also take a out a HELOC to invest? Like where is the line?

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
Haha, well didn't expect that. Would you also take a out a HELOC to invest? Like where is the line?

The line is if investing that money nets me anything over 1.99 of the current rate then it makes numerical sense to use it in the higher margin of profit range.

If it costs me say 4k to borrow from ford for 6 years and in that 6 years i can make 20k with that money it makes zero sense to me to let ford use my $ to grow their portfolio

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I understand what you're saying, and on principal I agree with you. I will not pay over sticker for a truck, which is the situation for most F-150 customers buying off a lot today.

But when looking at my situation in balance (as of yesterday I need a truck by June) and my next best option is a V8 Ram (I live in a city) without a moonroof (a must for my disabled son), then I can live with paying an additional $1580 for the truck built for me.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@MTNMN we have super derailed this thread but what's done is done I guess.

To give some more backstory we also worked really hard to be debt free so going back into debt over something as dumb as a truck just doesn't make sense. Debt free since 2018 and it's amazing what you can do when you don't have any payments.

Ford F-150 ⏱ F-150 Scheduling Next Week (4/25) For Build Week 5/16 1651173530317
Sponsored