Sponsored

thechester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
How’s that work exactly? Dealers that turn high numbers of trucks get em quicker?
Not necessarily. Dealers get allocations based on the volume they sell so the schedules are created by the assembly plants with dealer allocations as a variable.

This thread has some really great information. I pulled some of it for easy reading.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1646540-how-does-a-dealer-allocation-work-when-ordering.html

Ford provides Dealers with a schedule for vehicle allocation each week on Monday mornings which shows how many vehicles of each model line that the Dealer has allocation for scheduling that week. That same weekly allocation report also includes information on any regional commodity issues or restrictions. On Monday afternoons, the Scheduling Toolbox Report is released which provides more detailed information on commodity issues and scheduling availability on a national basis. On Tuesday mornings, the AM Scheduling Preview Report is available to show Dealers which vehicle orders have been selected or previewed, on an initial basis, to be selected for scheduling that week. The same report is updated and available on Wednesday morning to show any changes based on commodity issues that may have changed.
Sponsored

PatchManager

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum 4x4 SuperCrew
Occupation
Firmware Engineer
When did you order yours? I'm considering adding BAP to my order and removing the wheel well liners. I can always get those and install them after the fact.
I ordered mine on February 11, 2022, so a while after yours.

SWillier

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 & 2022 F150 on order
Occupation
Architect
So..... Trying to wrap my head around the voodoo of scheduling. If this week (3/28) is scheduling for the build week of 4/25, how are some people already in May build weeks? Shouldn't that not be scheduled yet?

thechester

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
Those are most likely very high optioned trucks that have been bumped and bumped and bumped from their original build dates.

Ford could decide this week that a truck is going to get built on 4/25 and then change that 4/25 date a number of times before the truck is actually built.

I think most people look to threads like this one to cross their fingers they get a VIN.

Sponsored

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150
Those are most likely very high optioned trucks that have been bumped and bumped and bumped from their original build dates.

Ford could decide this week that a truck is going to get built on 4/25 and then change that 4/25 date a number of times before the truck is actually built.

I think most people look to threads like this one to cross their fingers they get a VIN.
Get a VIN.

Then the party really begins

coconutgroves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Platinum 4x4
Update....

I finally got my window sticker and blend date today - 4/5. I was scheduled for production on 4/4, but it moved to production yesterday.

Note, I received my VIN in mid-January, 10 weeks after ordering (10/29). The build date moved from three times, each time by 2 weeks.

Finally happy to see progress. I did notice that auto park assist 2.0 was removed, but I won't need that.

F-150 Platinum, 4x4 Powerboost, 6.5" bed, Smoked Quartz, Twin Moonroof, 7.2kw power, Trailer Tow Package, no aftermarkets

gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Rumor on another forum that Max Recline is the current holdup. I will probably delete mine tomorrow.

Bannerman

First Name
Johnson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tremor 402A, 2022 4Runner ORP

JohnMcClane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 150

Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
I ordered mine on February 11, 2022, so a while after yours.
Please let me know if yours gets scheduled. Mine is almost exactly like yours except for spray in bed liner and max recline seats. My original order was 5/1/21. And because Ford bumped my priority to 2 (Yay!), I cannot make any changes to it, say to remove the spray in bed liner which may be the hold up (Boo!).

STexas90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150
I ordered on October 15 2021 , lariat , 502a , fx4 , 5.0 , Black appearance package…

I am seeing black appearance packages finally being built that were ordered this year! Seems insane I am still waiting when someone just ordered and already got a build date with a similar build as me…

SystemsGuy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q5, S5
Got my windows sticker today, with the wonderful " ACTIVE PARK ASSIST 2.0 REMOVAL". Not the end of the world I guess, but still a bit disappointing...
Sponsored