Sponsored

“Bubble” on instrument cluster?

Dudeapa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Just observed the bubble for this frist time this week. Never saw it before but I figured it was because I do not have many of the assistive technologies (no 360 camera, no copilot).
Sponsored

maxinike

First Name
Stephane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150 powerboost, ranger 2020 and lawn tractor
never experienced that on my PB co-pilot assist. but i plan to ask ford about that. i will need to know the trim level of your truck for the one experiencing that

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
Any way to ask Ford ?
I asked Ford and the dealer. Dealer shrugged their shoulders and Ford said to ask the dealer. I said I did. They said submit it in for diagnostics I said the service department already messed my truck up enough. If it breaks it breaks. All the while the dealer and Ford have a picture of the dot in question and apparently refuse to ask someone without me giving up the truck. Ford service sucks.

Rgwinn

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
Well, chalk this up to the biggest mystery so far. :p

Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I have had my Platinum for about 6 weeks without seeing it. Then I got a notice about enabling the Truck Hotspot with with like a 30 day trail. I did not subscribe and I think I pushed off the answer.. A few day after that I started to notice the bubble. I wonder if it displays until it syncs with the hotspot of my phone or if its indicating the the trucks hotspot isn't available.

Just something to think about.

KD10

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 KR 3.5
Occupation
Engineer
I get the same bubble every time I start up. Not a Powerboost though, just the eco.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
My truck put a 25 warning in that bubble today. It flickered off and came back on briefly. I tried to get a picture but my phone was in my pocket. I started up the truck and started driving immediately on a main rural road with a 25mph speed limit. I’ll see if I can reproduce it tomorrow and have my phone ready to grab a pic. It seems buggy.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
My truck put a 25 warning in that bubble today. It flickered off and came back on briefly. I tried to get a picture but my phone was in my pocket. I started up the truck and started driving immediately on a main rural road with a 25mph speed limit. I’ll see if I can reproduce it tomorrow and have my phone ready to grab a pic. It seems buggy.
in your pocket??? you're driving wrong if your phone isn't in your hands while driving ;) lol j/k

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
in your pocket??? you're driving wrong if your phone isn't in your hands while driving ;) lol j/k
I know. I had to go into the office for a change and was wearing jeans, since our new relaxed dress code doesn't allow shorts like I normally wear. Those jeans are a little tight after WFH for a year. LOL. I was spurting profanities trying to get my phone out of my pocket and by the time I did, the damn bubble went away. LOL. But at least I saw the speed warning for a second time. In my 2018, my phone was always connected by a cable, so I had to pull it out, but the wireless carplay in this truck has spoiled me.

Sponsored

jesdamian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Reckon it's time to join the bubble crew. Just saw it after having the truck 2 weeks.

Ford F-150 “Bubble” on instrument cluster? 20210426_090458

Dan Texas

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The bubble icon represents the Death Star.

The truck is performing a routine Death Star scan, to see if any Death Stars in your local solar system are powering up their main weapon systems. If none are detected, the icon goes out.

Ford notes that, if the icon stays illuminated, your warranty is voided in anticipation...

blind56

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7EB, 2016 WRX
Had the truck for two days and a whopping 150km on the odo and I have the bubble too.
Sponsored