First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
One thing I've noticed is everyone is stopped or close to it. It's always disappeared soon after starting the truck and putting it in gear.

fg3

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch Powerboost
My bubble has green line attached
B9E912B2-F04D-496E-A048-5D380D05AE2C.jpeg
The 'green line' is there because you have 'Show EV Coach in Normal' selected in the settings. It overlaps, but does not seem to be connected to the bubble...

Sponsored

Booms

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Limited Powerboost, 22 iX
Occupation
Mech Engineer
Have 800 miles on our limited powerboost.
Just today noticed the “bubble” for the first time this morning.
Found this thread during lunch. So I at least knew I wasn’t going crazy.

Then this afternoon it came back. But it was different. I was in electric mode. Drove 20 feet then stopped to wait for cross traffic. The speed limit number populated the “bubble” and had a red outline to it. It disappeared and reappeared twice. By the time I grabbed my phone it disappeared and didn’t come back.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the safe driver option.

unixadm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum PowerBoost FX4
Have 800 miles on our limited powerboost.
Just today noticed the “bubble” for the first time this morning.
Found this thread during lunch. So I at least knew I wasn’t going crazy.

Then this afternoon it came back. But it was different. I was in electric mode. Drove 20 feet then stopped to wait for cross traffic. The speed limit number populated the “bubble” and had a red outline to it. It disappeared and reappeared twice. By the time I grabbed my phone it disappeared and didn’t come back.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the safe driver option.
That’s exactly what I saw there. Nobody seemed to believe me though. Lol

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I'm glad I'm not the only one asking this question. I've had my KR Ecoboost for two weeks now and I didn't notice it until a couple days ago. At first I thought it had something to do with the auto hold but that doesn't see to be it. It doesn't go away when shifting into drive but it does go away after a go a few hundred feet. I was thinking it might have something to do with the Nav system and obtaining a GPS position sufficient for navigation?

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Interesting. Reminds me of the non-US speed sign recognition on the Ranger.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-modifications.1844/page-31

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/...d=7683&vFilteringEnabled=False&userMarket=AUS
Maybe some software features for future overseas cars they didn't fully remove from F-150?
I think you hit the nail on the head here. The very likely share a common code base, and that small overlay (the "bubble") function is getting called before a speed has initialized. It seems like it only appears BEFORE folks are getting out onto known roads, right? Once we get out and driving, the code corrects itself and stops with the weird non-US stuff and uses our white indicators?

But it SURE DOES look exactly like the non-US symbol for speed limits. This picture from the above Ranger forum shows 2 bubbles side by side, one populated and one not. So I'm going with it's a bug, hopefully a good candidate for an OTA fix!

Ford F-150 “Bubble” on instrument cluster? 1617209516245

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I'm now a part of the bubble crew! Just noticed this for the first time this morning.

Ford F-150 “Bubble” on instrument cluster? PXL_20210401_105941803

Sponsored

tventre

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat FX4 PowerBoost; 2012 FX4 Ecoboost
Occupation
Business Owner- landscape design/build
I've got a Lariat Powerboost with +/-700 miles on and have seen "the bubble" at start up a couple of times... must mean we're the "cool kids".

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Maybe this bubble is just a way for your trucks to let you know it's dirty and needs a wash? :ROFLMAO:

Just got mine 2 days ago and haven't noticed it, but will stay on the lookout. My thoughts though is that this may just be a graphics glitch/bug in the software

DavidB

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Occupation
Retired
POwerboost. same here

spud_41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 502a, Lead Foot 3.5L EB Fx4
So I personalized the key I use every day when I picked up the truck, made it a my key etc. Just started the truck with the spare key which hasn't been personalized and got the bubble for the first time, don't know if it's related but thought I'd throw it out there.
Sponsored