• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cayman T
Occupation
Attorney
It will be interesting to see what tires are used on the lightning, since EV's tend to run different tires with sound deadening material (foam or some other insert) in them.
I was going off pictures of the pre-production trucks
Sponsored

balucipher

First Name
Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Cayman T
Occupation
Attorney
hmmmm. If that is the case, the General's are actually rated better in the snow.
Yeah I believe a lot of highway tires outperform all terrains in snow

Thankfully, not a concern I have to deal with :)

The 18s appear to have Michelin Primacy XLTs which are really good tires in their current iteration

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
Yes, and for Extended battery, you just need to step up a trim for $13k, add $9.5k premium package and then pay additional $10k. So for the people dreaming of PRO+ER battery, its only $35k on top for the truck "starting under" $40k! Enjoy your 300 miles of range. They should technically not say $40k truck and 300 miles range ever together!
Agreed! I can't believe Ford went around claiming "under $40k and 300 miles of range" insane.....

Sponsored
OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Obviously Ford wants a higher take rate on SR batteries as they take 30% fewer pouches and has priced accordingly. For ever 3 ER trucks they can make 4 SR trucks so the 3 ER trucks buyers are footing the bill for that SR rig that does not get built. Makes financial sense to me. Either way Ford wins.

Stuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Wow, XLT pricing is... uh... interesting...

Pricing for the builds I'm considering is within expectations. I'm stuck between a Pro with Tow Tech/Bedliner/9.6 Pro Power for 45,282 and add the things I want aftermarket and a 511A Lariat w/bedliner for 79,764 and have everything I want and more.

35k between the two... I was leaning toward the Lariat earlier, but now that it's getting real I'm leaning toward pro. I'm probably too cheap... :unsure:

Realistically I should probably just buy a gasser. I don't drive that much nowadays (recently converted to full time WFH)

SmokingtheMeats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150
Occupation
Tech
I have the power boards on my '21 Lariat. Your not missing anything. If you really want them, I'm sure AMP will have them available.
I don't want them. I prefer the standard running boards. I was just replying for the previous poster.

fitek

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit 350EXT
So choosing Rapid Red for the fancy Lariat means it will be over 80k limit by 500 bucks? Black interior (which I hate), and pricing a bit higher than expected... grr.

I don't drive a whole lot lately either (just weekend road trips and in town errands) and we just bought the house from money pit... dropping 80k seems unwise. I'm getting older and expecting to be pampered more, but the wife's Porsche is allergic to rain (bad trait for a car in the PNW) and we've been driving the old beater Subaru the last few months and I personally have "forgotten" how it is to be pampered by a car.

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I don't think that Chevy will compete with the Pro. Their base model will target XLT and up. We'll hopefully know more tomorrow.
I tend to agree. Indications are that the EV Silverado is based on the same platform as the Hummer EV. That ain't gonna be cheap. Tomorrows presentation will be interesting.

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX
Occupation
Engineer
I tend to agree. Indications are that the EV Silverado is based on the same platform as the Hummer EV. That ain't gonna be cheap. Tomorrows presentation will be interesting.
Hopefully their marketing team doesn't use the words "starting under $40K" and "range of 300 miles" in the same sentence.

OP
OP
Garbone

Garbone

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MachE, Explorer,C10
Wow, XLT pricing is... uh... interesting...

Pricing for the builds I'm considering is within expectations. I'm stuck between a Pro with Tow Tech/Bedliner/9.6 Pro Power for 45,282 and add the things I want aftermarket and a 511A Lariat w/bedliner for 79,764 and have everything I want and more.

35k between the two... I was leaning toward the Lariat earlier, but now that it's getting real I'm leaning toward pro. I'm probably too cheap... :unsure:

Realistically I should probably just buy a gasser. I don't drive that much nowadays (recently converted to full time WFH)
Now your talking sense and we can not have that. Realistically I could just get rid of my Explorer and drive our 62 C10. Explorer is only on its third tank of fuel since we got our MachE 11 months ago and it only gets 18mpg..

Before today I was not to worried about getting my Lightning as I am 138 at my dealership. Now maybe it will happen. I should probably just get a Maverick XL and save 20gs.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
That rumor was always bogus. The spec sheet always listed it push button start as standard on all trims.
This may be a dumb question but what would a "push start" button do on an electric car? If they change from a manual key to a remote key, do you need a button if there is no engine to start? And I assume there is still some shifter to take if from a parked state to a ready to drive state (putting it in gear).

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Mach E 4x, 03 IS300, 06 Ridgeline
This may be a dumb question but what would a "push start" button do on an electric car? If they change from a manual key to a remote key, do you need a button if there is no engine to start? And I assume there is still some shifter to take if from a parked state to a ready to drive state (putting it in gear).
You have a point, but the start button is still being used to start it, or turn it on in this case, just like an ICE vehicle. Could be like Tesla where you just get in, put it in gear, and go, but most are not like that (yet).

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Hopefully their marketing team doesn't use the words "starting under $40K" and "range of 300 miles" in the same sentence.
They will say "available" with an asterisk and put fine print to weasle.
Sponsored