Sponsored

Got my Katzkin seat covers installed today.

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Can you provide more detail? What is katzkin and why did you need it? Did you have fabric seats before?

OP
OP
Ohio73

Ohio73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT F 150
Can you provide more detail? What is katzkin and why did you need it? Did you have fabric seats before?
I have an XLT 302a package, those only come with cloth seats. Katzkin takes the fabric seats off and replaces them with leather. Search the forums on here and you can see other people had it done also. A lot of dealerships install Katzkin also.

TheJNev

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Ford Freestyle
I have an XLT 302a package, those only come with cloth seats. Katzkin takes the fabric seats off and replaces them with leather. Search the forums on here and you can see other people had it done also. A lot of dealerships install Katzkin also.
What did it cost in total for you? Thanks!

Sponsored

TheJNev

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Ford Freestyle

Jus Cruisin

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 GMC Sierra Denali Ultimate 4X4 - 6.2l
Occupation
Very retired
I had Katzkin installed on a Dodge SLT pickup a number of years ago and it held up fine.

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Seats, tax, and install was $1,660.00.
I guess that price says they're not junk. They look "factory." Hopefully they are as/more durable.

I drove a demo Lariat '21 Hybrid and preferred those cloth seats to the Platinum lay-flat seats, but ventilation is the thing that makes a big difference in comfort. I don't understand why none of the seat OEMs and carmakers have built a ventilated seat that works.

The thing that makes a big (huge) difference to seat comfort (for long haul driving) is beaded seat covers … they look a bit "grand pa" or New York taxi driver, but it's worth it for the cooling and spreading out the seat cushion pressure points for long drives (they slip on in 5 seconds, so I just put them on when I'm loaded the truck for a long trip.)

Sponsored