Sponsored

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 Limited Ordered 2021 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
Hmm, I have no idea then where this charge is coming from. Hopefully once the salesman gets me the new sales sheet I will update this thread.
Ford F-150 F-150 Order Bank and Production Update - 7/31/21 1628168909082

Ford F-150 F-150 Order Bank and Production Update - 7/31/21 1628168874522

Looks like a long wait for an F150, a friend of mine sent this to me. I don’t know where he got it
Sponsored

antimatter_plat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Hybrid

Antimatter Tremor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Sponsored

SpazzStr0s

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Tremor -- Leadfoot
For what its worth, I also found that site but I read somewhere those lead times are for fleet vehicles and not retail orders. I could be wrong though

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I was contacted by my dealer yesterday saying Ford wouldn't accept my order if I didn't add adaptive steering to my order. First things first, I cannot find that option anywhere on the Ford website when you build your own. I ordered the platinum 702a high fx4 in smoked quartz on 30 June. This required add-on is $1000 and apparently the price of the truck went up another $600 as well. Apparently my dealer is trying to get me "grandfathered" in to remove the $600 but I've still got to eat the $1000 add-on. This is insane.
I was advised adaptive steering was pulled out of the pkg in April and while I could proceed without it, it would increase the wait time. I have since added it to my order but still waiting LOL

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
I was advised adaptive steering was pulled out of the pkg in April and while I could proceed without it, it would increase the wait time. I have since added it to my order but still waiting LOL
Wow, I guess adaptive steering requires an additional chip just like the stop start feature. I’m still waiting on my Platinum , hoping it gets delivered soon. I’m waiting almost 6 months for a retail special order. Ordered it in March

Marco 9802

First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 platinum
Occupation
machine demonstrator
ORDER BANK STATUS:

Through a recent Ford update, we've received some good news in regards to Ford's retail ordering on F-150s.

As of 6/28/21 ther are 6,113 Retail orders in the system for the new F-150.

For comparison:
113,553 Broncos
18,416 Super Duty
6,113 F-150
5,919 Mustang Mach E
4,407 Explorer
38,798 Subtotal (Non-Broncos)
152,351 Total

I thought the backlog of retail orders would be much higher. So that is good news that the Retail orders are prioritized over stock. The biggest hold up we've seen is that the average retail order is coming in on the higher trim level (lariat or higher) versus the XL, XLT trucks that require less microchips for production.

PRODUCTION UPDATE:

Just wanted to drop a quick update for those of you who have ordered or are considering ordering a new F-150.

Raptor Update - There is NO Raptor allocation for this month's wholesale. That means no dealers will get more Raptor production unless they have received it already. The final month of 2021 Raptor allocation (there were only 2) will be next month and that will be model year build-out for 2021 (i.e. Last call for 2021).

Delivery Timing - For the F-150 your Delivery time goes as follows
In-transit - Expect it in August
In-System - August/September Delivery
Balance to schedule (doesn't have a VIN yet but in the system) - September/October
If you place a order today, expect to receive the truck in October at the earliest maybe November.

Plant Downtime - Both the Kansas City and Dearborn plants had scheduled down time in July. As of now, we are expecting both plants to be up all of August. At least they have not communicated to us dealers that they will be down.

Zach
I ordered my f150 platinum in September last year!!
V8, full equipped, max recline, 2kw. I still do not have a Vin. Can someone help me out here? Any reason why ? Is it possible my truck got sold ? Is anyone else in the same boat as me ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
I ordered my f150 platinum in September last year!!
V8, full equipped, max recline, 2kw. I still do not have a Vin. Can someone help me out here? Any reason why ? Is it possible my truck got sold ? Is anyone else in the same boat as me ?
Something isn't right on this. I would say they made an error or they aren't submitting all the necessary information to Ford on the retail order.

jdr1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 501A ordered, 16 302A, 17 Mustang EBvert prem
Occupation
retired professional engineer
I really appreciate the OP's great information and everyone's experiences in this thread!

Sure seems like widely varied times from ordering date to production to delivery and apparently selected options can have a big impact........

I ordered 3/11 and production was originally scheduled for 4/26.(Kansas City). Since then, my production date has been changed at least eight times, recently going to 8/31, then 8/02. and most recently 8/23. 8/23 hasn't changed in the past week and a half, so hope that doesn't pushed out again.

My build isn't too fancy, but apparently my selected options have delayed it significantly:

Lariat 501A, Carbonized Gray/2.7 SCREW
40/console/40 seating
Co Pilot 360 assist 2.0
360 degree camera
built-in nav
interior work surface
Trailer Tow pkg
FX4
36 gal extended range tank
spray-in bedliner
chrome running boards

I realize others have more highly optioned builds and/or have waited even longer, but this has become quite frustrating...........

Last edited:

Aim64

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Scrap Metal Industry
I really appreciate the OP's great information and everyone's experiences in this thread!

Sure seems like widely varied times from ordering date to production to delivery and apparently selected options can have a big impact........

I ordered 3/11 and production was originally scheduled for 4/26.(Kansas City). Since then, my production date has been changed at least eight times, recently going to 8/31, then 8/02. and most recently 8/23. 8/23 hasn't changed in the past week and a half, so hope that doesn't pushed out again.

My build isn't too fancy, but apparently my selected options have delayed it significantly:

Lariat 501A, Carbonized Gray/2.7 SCREW
40/console/40 seating
Co Pilot 360 assist 2.0
360 degree camera
built-in nav
interior work surface
Trailer Tow pkg
FX4
36 gal extended range tank
spray-in bedliner
chrome running boards

I realize others have more highly optioned builds and/or have waited even longer, but this has become quite frustrating...........
Just got a call tonight from my dealer and my is in and I’m picking it up tomorrow. I got a Platinum with the 701a with the EB

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
What does that mean for a vehicle that is "in production"?

My F-150 VIN: 1FTFW1ED6MFA56084
Order: 9898
Has been in-production since JANUARY.

The dealer claims they spoke to Ford and Ford is going to make it "Hot" and they'll have an update for me tomorrow.

Should I just ask for my money back and re-order?
i'm in same boat ordered on 2-20-21 got vin#2 weeks after i ordered all it says in production

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
While driving by my dealer today I saw a new Bronco driving out of the lot (Badlands). First time I saw one in person and honestly the pictures do not do it justice. If ford can get those rolling out and people start seeing them on the road I feel like they will sell a ton.
Sponsored