First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
The danger is forgetting. And we all do it. We own a couple F-250 work trucks on our farm. One day I grabbed the one our foreman drives to run a quick errand, while he was out on one of the workboats (we have an aquaculture farm) and saw his Glock 19 was jammed between the seat cushions. We have employees who are ex-cons, so I said something, but the fact is that we all forget. Maybe you are that good, but I doubt it in the real world.

When I carry, it is on my person. All the time. And sometimes even I forget. Think about this: Thousands of guns are confiscated by the TSA every year at airport checkpoints (an average of over 4,400 per year accidentally carried through by concealed carry permit holders). Almost every one of those is a forgetful owner. Almost none is a person trying to sneak one in. When guns are a part of our daily routine (I'm fine with that), they tend to become routine and stuff can happen - we get careless. We try to not be careless, but accidents happen to the best. https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/rele...-number-guns-caught-bwi-airport-27th-gun-year
Sponsored

OP
OP

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
To follow up; I screwed the magnet into the area shown in the pictures and it’s holding great, including some off roading, and the pistol stayed in place!

Sponsored

Jean72

First Name
Jean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150
Look for a car gun magnet. It easily mounts on the center console or under the seat.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
In my opinion... IF you leave a firearm in a vehicle, you are part of the problem. Where do you think the criminals are getting their guns from? If you need it and it isn't with you, it's like needing a parachute and not having it.
Sponsored