Sponsored

MustangDon50

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
too many, in the process of cleaning out the shed.
Occupation
Jack of all trades
Good Morning. Just wanted to post a couple of pictures of my truck that i ordered in early august 2022. Received it November . Just have a couple of pictures that i took after i got it, and haven't had much time since because of the usual day to day obligations. Have less than 1000Km in 2 months time... Dont have anything bad to say so far , Its new , clean , comfortable , since i was used to driving a rusted 2010 Tribute / Escape... :cool:
After i received it i installed a Bison Tonneau cover, Ford tubular step bars, and new winter tires mounted on wheels i got used from the local scrap yard.

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_8922.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_8923.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_8924.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_8925.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_8991.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_9015.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_9022.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_9030.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_9131.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP IMG_9132.JPEG

Ford F-150 Received my 2022 F-150 XLT Iconic Silver - Two Tone - HDPP side by side wheels
Sponsored

Jaysonics

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 5.0
Nice looking truck! Digging that color combo. Wish they'd offer it on other trims/packages.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Sport SuperCrew 5.0L
Great looking truck. The long bed with towing mirrors really make it look like a towing beast. Congratulations on your new truck and the fact that it looks like you got one with little to no rear axle rust. ;)

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
now that's a great looking truck!

OP
OP
MustangDon50

MustangDon50

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Jack of all trades
Great looking truck. The long bed with towing mirrors really make it look like a towing beast. Congratulations on your new truck and the fact that it looks like you got one with little to no rear axle rust. ;)
Unfortunately, being in Montreal , and with all the salt we need in the winter , the rust will eventually creep up. :-(

Sponsored

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unfortunately, being in Montreal , and with all the salt we need in the winter , the rust will eventually creep up. :-(
Yeah I know what you mean. Here in PA, and I also assume also In Montreal, they treat the roads with a salt brine solution which is super harsh on an vehicle's undercarriage. Unfortunately for me and countless others, my rear axle assembly was covered in surface rust. The week I bought home my new truck, I used a wire brush and sprayed a rust converter on all of the rust on the rear axle assembly and then primed and painted it. I took my time and masked everything off but the results were not only a factory looking job, but some piece of mind that the job was done right. Now I can't say with certainty that rust won't find it's way through (actually I know it will) but I figure if I stay on top of it, I can at least keep it looking good. It's much, MUCH easier to do it when it's new than after a few years of salty winter roads. Do you have any plans for any future mods?

OP
OP
MustangDon50

MustangDon50

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Jack of all trades
Yeah I know what you mean. Here in PA, and I also assume also In Montreal, they treat the roads with a salt brine solution which is super harsh on an vehicle's undercarriage. Unfortunately for me and countless others, my rear axle assembly was covered in surface rust. The week I bought home my new truck, I used a wire brush and sprayed a rust converter on all of the rust on the rear axle assembly and then primed and painted it. I took my time and masked everything off but the results were not only a factory looking job, but some piece of mind that the job was done right. Now I can't say with certainty that rust won't find it's way through (actually I know it will) but I figure if I stay on top of it, I can at least keep it looking good. It's much, MUCH easier to do it when it's new than after a few years of salty winter roads. Do you have any plans for any future mods?
I hear you . Had seen some previous posts about unpainted axles coming from the factory but it didn't even cross my mind. Happy that its clean and already painted , one less thing to think about. The picture i posted was taken more so i could see what the factory hitch looked like. As for mods .. None . its staying as is. Did way too much mods in the past on all my cars, bikes, atv's, etc. i just want a simple daily. Sold my 2008 F250 v10 as well as my 2010 mazda tribute for this. Started to adopt the KISS method for everything in life.
Cheers.

Blue22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hear you . Had seen some previous posts about unpainted axles coming from the factory but it didn't even cross my mind. Happy that its clean and already painted , one less thing to think about. The picture i posted was taken more so i could see what the factory hitch looked like. As for mods .. None . its staying as is. Did way too much mods in the past on all my cars, bikes, atv's, etc. i just want a simple daily. Sold my 2008 F250 v10 as well as my 2010 mazda tribute for this. Started to adopt the KISS method for everything in life.
Cheers.
You're a smart man keeping it simple. As you already know, once you start adding mods it seems to never end. Might be a good idea to stay off this forum. Way too many ideas on here to tempt you. :)

Rod507

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT Powerboost
I have the same color combo! I like how the front bumper is the dark grey… mine has the chrome bumper which took some time getting used to👎🏽 is the rear bumper also dark grey? @MustangDon50

Sponsored

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
I have the same color combo! I like how the front bumper is the dark grey… mine has the chrome bumper which took some time getting used to👎🏽 is the rear bumper also dark grey? @MustangDon50
Yeah, I didn't even know a painted bumper was an option on a non sport XLT.

Henfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Screw 5.0,4x4,302Asport,
Nice job with the wheelarch covers. Thats a must in my opinion.

Another must having just install them are letters to fill in the tailgate "F-150" . I just added some (matt black to match the bumper trim) and the difference it makes is worth far more than the under $20us they cost.

OP
OP
MustangDon50

MustangDon50

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Jack of all trades
The pictures that i posted aren't clear with the back bumper, but yes it is painted. Not chrome.

Je1279

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 5.0 SuperCrew 4x4 BAP
Consider some kind of undercoating like fluid film, surface shield or cosmoline to keep the rust underneath at bay.
Sponsored