Sponsored

visnoal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Honda Pilot
@visnoal as you probably know MY22 orders are closed and MY23 order book will open July 18. May as well get in line though.
This is EXACTLY how I feel about it...plus if they lock in the price, then perhaps I might avoid some price increases. Thanks for all your help
Sponsored

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Thanks for posting this...really appreciate it. Wow, so the price is really 3% under invoice? This seems like the best pricing I could ask for....and if they are as easy to work with as everyone has said, then I think I will likely go with them once I finally know what I want. Thanks
Let me tell you I used to commute for work and drove 35k+ miles a year. I was always getting new cars and ordered quite a few. These guys at Granger (I deal with Chip) are total pros and have this down to a science. However, you need to do your homework. As with any ordering unless you are at a local dealer there is no hand holding. They will help you a lot, but you do need to have an idea about what you want and what you can expect to pay. This forum is a great asset for that and the Ford website will let you know what combos you can do.

As far as incentives you will get the incentives offered when you put a deposit down and actually ordered a truck, or what incentives are available at delivery. No intermingling it is one or the other.

When I was ordering (1/28/2022) I shopped between Washington DC and North Carolina and everyone was giving me the MSRP price. No negotiating at all. Granger was the only ones with a deal, and no fooling around. I will fly out there and pick up my truck and drive the 1100 miles back home, and do it gladly. These guys were that good.

visnoal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Honda Pilot
Let me tell you I used to commute for work and drove 35k+ miles a year. I was always getting new cars and ordered quite a few. These guys at Granger (I deal with Chip) are total pros and have this down to a science. However, you need to do your homework. As with any ordering unless you are at a local dealer there is no hand holding. They will help you a lot, but you do need to have an idea about what you want and what you can expect to pay. This forum is a great asset for that and the Ford website will let you know what combos you can do.

As far as incentives you will get the incentives offered when you put a deposit down and actually ordered a truck, or what incentives are available at delivery. No intermingling it is one or the other.

When I was ordering (1/28/2022) I shopped between Washington DC and North Carolina and everyone was giving me the MSRP price. No negotiating at all. Granger was the only ones with a deal, and no fooling around. I will fly out there and pick up my truck and drive the 1100 miles back home, and do it gladly. These guys were that good.
Hi Kodiak...yes good to know that these guys at Granger have a great reputation. I really do think I know what I want in terms of packages and options. I just want to see numbers for a build with the V8, V6 ecoboost, & V6 powerboost so I can pick from those builds. I feel like 3% under invoice is more then fair so I dont think I would be questioning the pricing either.

You mentioned incentives which is something I dont really know alot about. Any recommendation on taking incentives now verses risking it and taking them later? I know thats probably a loaded question....so feel free to just tell me Im on my own. Just curious if there is a strategy. This is my first truck BTW. Thanks for any advice.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
@visnoal - That build website is great for looking at the different costs and options for the different motors.

When I ordered I think there were 2 Ford incentives running. $1000 if you order a truck, and $1000 if you use Ford finance. That will give another $2k on top of the $6600 off MSRP, for a total savings from MSRP of $8600. I will probably give up about $600 for flight and hotel for the drive back, but that is still some substantial savings from MSRP.

Incentives are a crap shoot. You only know what is available at the time of order and will have no idea what will be there later. I actually went into it saying I will base my decision on no incentives so if I get anything when I do eventually pick up my truck, I'll be ahead of the game.

Also you have no risk with Granger. They will give you what Ford incentives are available when you ordered but nobody knows if something better will come along, or when you will actually take delivery of the truck. You will only get one of those 2 options. Incentives at order date, or at delivery date, nothing in between. There also could be nothing available at delivery date so do not think you will get anything better than when you ordered. If you do get something better, consider it gravy.

visnoal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Honda Pilot
@visnoal - That build website is great for looking at the different costs and options for the different motors.

When I ordered I think there were 2 Ford incentives running. $1000 if you order a truck, and $1000 if you use Ford finance. That will give another $2k on top of the $6600 off MSRP, for a total savings from MSRP of $8600. I will probably give up about $600 for flight and hotel for the drive back, but that is still some substantial savings from MSRP.

Incentives are a crap shoot. You only know what is available at the time of order and will have no idea what will be there later. I actually went into it saying I will base my decision on no incentives so if I get anything when I do eventually pick up my truck, I'll be ahead of the game.

Also you have no risk with Granger. They will give you what Ford incentives are available when you ordered but nobody knows if something better will come along, or when you will actually take delivery of the truck. You will only get one of those 2 options. Incentives at order date, or at delivery date, nothing in between. There also could be nothing available at delivery date so do not think you will get anything better than when you ordered. If you do get something better, consider it gravy.
@Kodiak ok I understand....thanks for providing your experience. Ill do some figuring and likely have to wait until the 2023 banks are open, but its not a problem...Im not in a hurry. I think I exhausted this forum enough for one day. Thanks for the help!

Sponsored

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
Just FYI to be clear about that incentive's thing (time of order or time of delivery) - you don't make the decision between the two until time of delivery when BOTH are known and you can compare.

Just don't want anyone thinking that you have to make this decision at time of order before you know the actual situation at time of delivery. You will have all the info on your choices when you make the decision, so it's really no 'gamble' at all - you'll have two clear quantified choices and can pick the best (If in fact there's any difference), never any worse than what was available at time of order, no worries.

bigman6166

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Occupation
Law Enforcement

Agreed.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
@Granger Ford
I read on another forum that dealers have some idea of which of their open orders are being considered for scheduling each week. The term I read was 'preview'. Essentially if a build is not previewed, it's not going to be picked that week. Is there any truth to this?
When vehicles go through previewing, they're being considered for scheduling, but often non previewing vehicles will end up with VINS and other vehicles that were previewing will be kicked out at the time of scheduling. To not raise peoples hopes, we don't announce who is in previewing until they have been officially scheduled.

OP
OP
Granger Ford

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
@Granger Ford i am interested in getting quotes for a few different builds….what is the process? Where do I start? I live in PA, but I’m willing to drive 13+ hours to get a fair & hassle free experience.
Go ahead and email your build and price to [email protected] . Currently the order banks are closed for most vehicles and we cannot give quotes until they reopen. I'll make sure to create a new post letting everyone know when that time will come.

visnoal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Honda Pilot
Go ahead and email your build and price to [email protected] . Currently the order banks are closed for most vehicles and we cannot give quotes until they reopen. I'll make sure to create a new post letting everyone know when that time will come.
Should I wait until July when it’s rumored that the 2023 order banks will be open?

Sponsored

twister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502A
Same as Kodiak. Completed my purchase with Granger just a few weeks ago. Start was building your config on the Ford site then saving as a pdf and emailing to Chip at Granger. He'll respond with the invoice pricing. I have no clue how that will work for 2022 vs 2023 pricing though.
Did you get your temp tag? Believe I picked mine up about 9 days after you

Simon11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 502a
Did you get your temp tag? Believe I picked mine up about 9 days after you
Yeah I got it earlier this week. Haven't had time to go sort out the tax man in my state yet but will probably go deal with that this week.

ARegularJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2 Order: 22 Lariat 500A/3.5 EB/FX4/Max Tow/+
When vehicles go through previewing, they're being considered for scheduling, but often non previewing vehicles will end up with VINS and other vehicles that were previewing will be kicked out at the time of scheduling. To not raise peoples hopes, we don't announce who is in previewing until they have been officially scheduled.
Thanks for that clarity. Essentially then Previewing has no association with having your order selected by Ford for Build scheduling. Good to know.

icemanmg

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
Occupation
water tech
Do you offer these prices on a explorer st for the wife? ty mike
Sponsored