Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I actually think the long wheelbase is a better looking truck. But that's probably because I was a SuperDuty guy for decades
Sponsored

rb304

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL FX4
That tells me that you or whoever ordered that truck painstakingly chose just about EVERY option you could get in an XLT.
I say painstaking because Ford won't let you choose some of the ordinary "packages" like 302A, so you have to a-la-cart a bunch of stuff to get it comparably equipped.

Somewhere you have about 150lbs of goodies beyond just 4WD.
I'm guessing it's a really nice truck for the family to play in. :)
Thank you! :) it it’s a great truck, and we’re very fortunate. Let me tell you the story…..I did order a truck with several options, and to your point, painstakingly…lol! It’s actually an XL, but that ordered truck has yet to be built. This truck (also an XL) showed up on the lot nearly identical to the one I spec’d with the only differences being this one has the FX4 package and it’s white. lol. “My” truck that I ordered was antimatter blue.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just so folks without a 2021 might know, in 2021 the XL is basically yesterday's XLT in many ways. So if optioned out enough, it's the back door to an amazing value/truck.

rb304

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL FX4
Just so folks without a 2021 might know, in 2021 the XL is basically yesterday's XLT in many ways. So if optioned out enough, it's the back door to an amazing value/truck.
yeah I’d agree with that. It has more than my 2013 XLT 302A had on it. And I didn’t have to spec a carpet delete! ? haha!

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
This is most likely a true statement.
I ordered a 301A just for a couple of things. Interior color, leather wrapped wheel, power seat, and a bit of chrome.
Still have a good payload (2008) without the HDPP, but I did order the wheels 'cause I like them.
I did not see an obvious distinction between an XL101 and the XLT300 other than carpet
301A got me the base tow package (consists of the hitch and not much more).
I forgot to order the trailer brakes, so that was added later (when they became available).

Still a much nicer truck than I have driven in ages. This is my third new truck since 79 and I am pretty content with just the basics. Air / Tilt / Cruise / and I can be content.
Power Windows, Bucket Seats, Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel were a bonus that I think I deserved as I breached the 60 year mark.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Really smart value buying ^^^

Or put another way, an amazing amount of vehicle for the dollar.

rb304

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XL FX4
A little birds eye view while I was up on a ladder pressure washing the house today....

1641066650293.png
Sharp truck. How do you like the PB? I felt like I needed the extra hauling and towing capacity, so I opted for a standard 3.5L, but it would be nice to have the 7.2kw generator!

Sponsored

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Sharp truck. How do you like the PB? I felt like I needed the extra hauling and towing capacity, so I opted for a standard 3.5L, but it would be nice to have the 7.2kw generator!
Love it and wouldn't have a non-hybrid after this. Ford killed it with this concept. Can't wait to see what they do for gen 2.

gadiedrick

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCrew long bed hybrid
Occupation
retired USN Chief Petty Officer
Love it and wouldn't have a non-hybrid after this. Ford killed it with this concept. Can't wait to see what they do for gen 2.
Totally agree with you on the PB on our '21 longbed F-150 4x4. So glad it's in our garage. My one concern is when it's parked in our garage & I either drop the tailgate to retrieve sumth'n from the truck bed or open a door to retrieve sumth'n from the cab there's a lotta purr'n & click'n go'n after closeness the gate or door. The key fob is no where in the vicinity so I'm guess'n it's the vehicle talk'n back n forth with the computer chips. Overall glad to have a PB F-150 " in the house."

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
Totally agree with you on the PB on our '21 longbed F-150 4x4. So glad it's in our garage. My one concern is when it's parked in our garage & I either drop the tailgate to retrieve sumth'n from the truck bed or open a door to retrieve sumth'n from the cab there's a lotta purr'n & click'n go'n after closeness the gate or door. The key fob is no where in the vicinity so I'm guess'n it's the vehicle talk'n back n forth with the computer chips. Overall glad to have a PB F-150 " in the house."
yeah, with all the weird clicks and gizmo purr sounds it always makes, it sounds like a star wars vessel or some other sci-fi ship of some type.