Sponsored

My 2021 F150 build: 20" Fuel Wheels, Toyo Open Country, 2.5" level, 3/4" rear lift + more

Jaimef150

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
2021 f150 Lariat Sport Carbonized Gray
20x9 1 offset Fuel Rebel 6 rims
35x12.50 Toyo Open Country A/T III'S
2.5" Leveling kit
3/4" lift in the back
Custom painted blackout side emblems
Custom painted blackout OEM Platinum front grill
K&N Intake System
19+ MPG's before 15+ MPG's after
Ford Bedliner
Backflip bedcover
Ford OEM bed divider

Thinking about doing a 4" lift or a 6" lift would appreciate your comments

Ford F-150 My 2021 F150 build: 20" Fuel Wheels, Toyo Open Country, 2.5" level, 3/4" rear lift + more image

Ford F-150 My 2021 F150 build: 20" Fuel Wheels, Toyo Open Country, 2.5" level, 3/4" rear lift + more IMG_1746~2
Sponsored

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
Looks great! Any trimming for that wheel/tire set up? Crash bars still intact? Do you have a photo of the side showing how much tire is outside the fende/wheel poke? Thank you!

OP
OP
Jaimef150

Jaimef150

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Looks great! Any trimming for that wheel/tire set up? Crash bars still intact? Do you have a photo of the side showing how much tire is outside the fende/wheel poke? Thank you!
Little bit of trimming was done and the crash bar was moved as well about 1/4”

I’ll post additional pics shortly

Sponsored

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
Wow! I think this all looks fantastic! Excellent job with the custom paint work. I would personally leave it alone and not put the lift on, especially if this is a daily driver. It looks tough and has a great stance as it it sits now.

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
Wow! I think this all looks fantastic! Excellent job with the custom paint work. I would personally leave it alone and not put the lift on, especially if this is a daily driver. It looks tough and has a great stance as it it sits now.
I have the same Fuel Rebel +1 wheels ordered for my truck but in 18x9 will be going with a 33x12.5 tire. Do you think the smaller diameter of the 33s vs your 35s will avoid any major trimming and avoid having to do anything to the crash bars? Or is the width and offset the issue? Thanks for the insights and again, very nicely executed build on your truck!

jwinthro

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 CG Lariat BAP 4x4
Occupation
Sales
Wow, this is great. I just ordered my 2022 Carbonized Gray Lariat FX4 but with the "blackout" package or whatever they call it now. So I imagine mine will look pretty darn similar to this. Confirms I made the right choice. A couple questions:

1. What level kit did you go with?
  2. Who did the custom paint? That looks fantastic. Did you go through them for the grill swap too?
  3. Do you think you could get away with no trimming by going to a 33 or 34" tire?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jaimef150

Jaimef150

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Thank you for the feedback. May I ask, you say that if it’s a daily driver you would not do the lift. What are the setbacks of a lift on a daily driver in your opinion?

OP
OP
Jaimef150

Jaimef150

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I have the same Fuel Rebel +1 wheels ordered for my truck but in 18x9 will be going with a 33x12.5 tire. Do you think the smaller diameter of the 33s vs your 35s will avoid any major trimming and avoid having to do anything to the crash bars? Or is the width and offset the issue? Thanks for the insights and again, very nicely executed build on your truck!
I had the 35’s installed on the stock rims and didn’t need any trimming then. Once I installed the 20x9 +1 offset that’s when the trims and crash bar became an issue. Maybe the 33’s will work better because with the 35’s the trimming and crash bar mods were minimum

OP
OP
Jaimef150

Jaimef150

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Wow, this is great. I just ordered my 2022 Carbonized Gray Lariat FX4 but with the "blackout" package or whatever they call it now. So I imagine mine will look pretty darn similar to this. Confirms I made the right choice. A couple questions:

1. What level kit did you go with?
  2. Who did the custom paint? That looks fantastic. Did you go through them for the grill swap too?
  3. Do you think you could get away with no trimming by going to a 33 or 34" tire?
  1. I used the 2.25 in ReadyLift Kit for the Leveling
  2. Custom paint was don by Allyz Auto in Orlando, FL. I did the swap myself. It’s a very easy job, took me 30min
  3. I had the 35’s originals installed on the stock wheels (here is a pic) and with the leveling kit, stock wheels and 35’s there’s no trimming needed at all. If you do 33-34 you’ll be more than fine.

Ford F-150 My 2021 F150 build: 20" Fuel Wheels, Toyo Open Country, 2.5" level, 3/4" rear lift + more 355A0897-9CCF-4E4D-8E71-D4E1D70C7820

Mbaz

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt super crew 4x4
Occupation
Self
Thank you for the feedback. May I ask, you say that if it’s a daily driver you would not do the lift. What are the setbacks of a lift on a daily driver in your opinion?
For me, being able to fit into parking garages, drive-thrus, accessibility of the truck for family and kids, gas mileage, etc are all important for a daily driver in the City and are hindered by a big lift. I have had two trucks with 6" lifts and 37s and for me, they proved a bit much for a daily driver. I got tired of having to park across the street in the grocery store parking lot because I couldn't fit in the kids school parking lot - LOL.
Sponsored