Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Looks like Borla Exhaust just dropped their new exhaust systems for the 2021 F-150s sporting the 3.5 liter EcoBoost engine.

Here is a video sound demo Borla compiled showing a Platinum 3.5 EcoBoost comparing the exhaust notes of the stock, Borla Touring, Borla S-Type, and Borla ATAC systems.

Crank it up and enjoy! ??

Borla currently lists the MSRP for their systems as follows:

Borla Touring - $1,457.99
Borla Touring (black chrome) - $1,495.99

Borla S-Type - $1,187.99
Borla S-Type (black chrome) - $1,215.99

Borla ATAK - $1,196.99

Borla ATAK (black chrome) - $1,224.99

https://www.borla.com/2021-ford-f-150-exhaust-systems/
Sponsored

Last edited:

DANNER

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat PowerBoost + FWC Project M
How compatible are aftermarket exhausts such as these with PowerBoost engines?

I would guess it would work since the PowerBoost engine is basically an Ecoboost with an electrical component, right?

thicctacoboi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
How compatible are aftermarket exhausts such as these with PowerBoost engines?

I would guess it would work since the PowerBoost engine is basically an Ecoboost with an electrical component, right?
I don't see any on their website that are compatible, probably because of the battery location.

Bexiga

First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Limited PB, 2019 Honda Accord Touring 2.0
Occupation
Operations Supervisor
I was wondering the same thing?

Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I was wondering the same thing?
There is a post somewhere on these forums showing an exhaust component specific to the Powerboost. Believe it attaches to the exhaust to warm the battery in cold conditions - not speaking from expertise by any means.

Not sure any exhaust manufacturers have accounted for these components yet as of the date of this post. I don't see support on Borla or Roush exhaust yet. Magnaflow has a broad statement Powerboost is supported but, I cannot confirm it's actually supported on their released products. I would expect a different part number for the Powerboost for the aforementioned reasons.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
These are pretty expensive it seems. You can get a magna flow for like 1100

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
There is a post somewhere on these forums showing an exhaust component specific to the Powerboost. Believe it attaches to the exhaust to warm the battery in cold conditions - not speaking from expertise by any means.

Not sure any exhaust manufacturers have accounted for these components yet as of the date of this post. I don't see support on Borla or Roush exhaust yet. Magnaflow has a broad statement Powerboost is supported but, I cannot confirm it's actually supported on their released products. I would expect a different part number for the Powerboost for the aforementioned reasons.
I think the warm-up loop is before the cat and these are all cat-back systems. Not say saying they will fit. Question for the manufacture.

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I’ll likely never change it, but I think the touring sounds really good for an everyday exhaust

Sponsored

DUDE

First Name
DUDE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150 COYOTE, 2021 F-150 3.5 ECOBOOST
Looks like Borla Exhaust just dropped their new exhaust systems for the 2021 F-150s sporting the 3.5 liter EcoBoost engine.

Here is a video sound demo Borla compiled showing a Platinum 3.5 EcoBoost comparing the exhaust notes of the stock, Borla Touring, Borla S-Type, and Borla ATAC systems.

Crank it up and enjoy! ??

Borla currently lists the MSRP for their systems as follows:

Borla Touring - $1,457.99
Borla Touring (black chrome) - $1,495.99

Borla S-Type - $1,187.99
Borla S-Type (black chrome) - $1,215.99

Borla ATAK - $1,196.99

Borla ATAK (black chrome) - $1,224.99

https://www.borla.com/2021-ford-f-150-exhaust-systems/
I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THAT BEING SAID, WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS SYSTEM THAT MAKES IT WORTH IT'S PRICE? WHAT ABOUT THE LOSS OF LOW END TORQUE WITH AFTERMARKET LARGER DIAMETER EXHAUST?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I’ve never understood why people enjoy the sound of a car exhaust system that sounds like a bumble bee ? on steroids.

It has to be a generational thing whereas these individuals really enjoyed the Fast and Furious series.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I AM A FIRM BELIEVER IN YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. THAT BEING SAID, WHAT IS IT ABOUT THIS SYSTEM THAT MAKES IT WORTH IT'S PRICE? WHAT ABOUT THE LOSS OF LOW END TORQUE WITH AFTERMARKET LARGER DIAMETER EXHAUST?
I’m just beginning my research on aftermarket exhausts, but they consistently seem to be going for around $1,300-$2,000 for a 2021 F-150, so I think these are right on track to be competitive price wise.

I was not aware of that. Can you guys confirm, you loose overall torque when you add an aftermarket exhaust system? I’m not sure how that makes sense.

OP
OP
Knickell

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve never understood why people enjoy the sound of a car exhaust system that sounds like a bumble bee ? on steroids.

It has to be a generational thing whereas these individuals really enjoyed the Fast and Furious series.
I’m afraid that’s a byproduct of the EcoBoost being a V-6 engine. It’s never going to sound like a V8, unfortunately, but it sounds pretty dang good for what it is even in stock form.

That’s why I like the Touring series so far. Adds a bit of muscle sound without being overbearing. The S-Type and ATACs are too buzzy in my opinion.
Sponsored