• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Lightning On Tour

Mike Barnhill

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
Occupation
Inspections
I just got my confirmation to come see the Lightning while it's in Denver. Those spots went fast and there was a limited number. I'll write back after the 20th and tell you what I saw!
I have to say, I haven't been this excited for a vehicle since I was a young guy (20) buying my first brand new car. That was 36 years ago. I can't wait to see this thing.
Sponsored

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
I'm off to the San Francisco show in about 12 minutes for a 6PM appt.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'm off to the San Francisco show in about 12 minutes for a 6PM appt.
Ask good questions and bring us all back the answers.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math
I arrived right at the end of the night. So I had to be fast with the questions. Most of questions that haven't been asked before had "We don't know at this time" as the answer.

The one thing that struck me was the definitive way that he answered the question on how they are going through the reservations in order. I asked if trim levels will determine placement of orders, and he said no, just reservation number.

Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Don't want to make this political.
Wanted to see if there were any covid related measures in place.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math
Don't want to make this political.
Wanted to see if there were any covid related measures in place.
The Ford employees working outside did not wear them. In the truck they did. Most of the people attending the event did. I'm proud of my fellow Northern Californians!

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math
OH! There was one piece of information that was different than what we have been seeing before.

A question came up regarding the extended battery range and if that was with a paylo---. The Ford employee interrupted before the word "payload" was completed, and said that the 300 miles is without any payload. His answer seemed very rehearsed. He said that to comply with mileage reporting standards that they must not have payload in the vehicle.

beatle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Ridgeline, Miata, motorcycle(s)
That doesn't surprise me. The tests are standardized.

Sponsored

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Those of you who attended did you take a +1? Did you reserve more than 1?

Sun Devil

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Ford Explorer, 2014 Honda Odyssey, 2007 Lexus
You may bring guests with you. Remember, only you and three others will fit in the truck for the drive. I brought my wife and son without any problem.

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
You may bring guests with you. Remember, only you and three others will fit in the truck for the drive. I brought my wife and son without any problem.
What sort of time range do you get at the event?

My kids are off in college and I'm not bringing the dogs with me on the 4hr drive to the event ... if I can get a confirmation for the upcoming Daytona.

It would just be selling my wife on the Pro with vinyl, and that she can get into a Pro without running boards, and 9.6Kw power on board vs upgrading to 80A evse, maybe some final color selection.

Oh and thank you Sun Devil for all the questions you got answers to from your event.

Last edited:

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math
When I asked beforehand, I was told that the reservation was for one. When I got there, families were going on the ride. So yes, bring your +1.

It kinda pissed me off. I wanted to bring my husband. But, I will say this, the demo ride is not a smooth one. By design that track is meant to toss you around on the inside. It would have messed up his bad back even more.

Leave it to Ford to create a roller coaster with no hills.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Math
What sort of time range do you get at the event?

My kids are off in college and I'm not bringing the dogs with me on the 4hr drive to the event ... if I can get a confirmation for the upcoming Daytona.

It would just be selling my wife on the Pro with vinyl, and that she can get into a Pro without running boards, and 9.6Kw power on board vs upgrading to 80A evse, maybe some final color selection.

Oh and thank you Sun Devil for all the questions you got answers to from your event.
There is not much to this set up. You arrive and they guide you to the track. You take the ride. It's all very organized. When I arrived, there were 4 trucks making their way along the track. When I got up to the front, they pulled one. Afterwards, there's a tent that had the chassis display and one Lariat to look at. There was another tent which looked like a place for a more formal presentation, but my appointment was the last of the day and that tent was being dismantled. Even with lingering on in the Q&A area, I was there for 45 minutes total.
Sponsored