First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
I second this. Found a truck near me coming in October at a better deal than my order.

My question is, is the $500 deposit I put down along with a text from the salesman showing VIN and agreed upon price enough to actually secure this deal for me? Or should I be worried that they’ll jack up the price or sell it to someone else for more money given the opportunity?
make sure the sales manager signs the agreement, not just the salesmen.
Sponsored

thomps33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I have been watching this thread for quite a while and just created an account. I put my order in on 7/13 and am still unscheduled. 402a unleashed antimatter blue 52x. I talk with my dealer on the weekly. My dealer is telling me that the 21 orders that don't get scheduled will get "automatically" moved to a 22, contrary to what I have read here. He also told me that I should be price protected. (no increase in cost due to newer model year). I'm also curious, Granger ford, are you Granger Iowa? I have been curious for quite some time. Thanks

Yes, Granger Ford is located in Granger Iowa.

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
Cross Post, but also relevant here.

Just spoke with my dealer, was advised to call back on the 16th to place an order for a 2022, as they are unsure if any additional unscheduled 2021s will be produced this year.

ChrisSandstorm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor, 2019 VW Atlas, 2001 Land Cruiser
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Agreed Bud, I'm not even being picky about color at this point. I'm looking for five options total, including Torsen. Out of the 57 remaining dealer-ordered Tremors coming into AZ (none with Torsen), only two have my remaining four non-negotiables.
-Tow Package
-2KW
-Moonroof
-Sound System

One sold today for $5k over MSRP, the other is scheduled to land in two weeks, and that dealer already told me they will not be honoring X-Plan.

At this point, I'm even looking for a Lariat FX4 3.5 Ecoboost with those four options (sub tow package for max tow package, still $2k less and tows 13,900 vs 10,900), and out of the 100+ incoming 3.5 Lariats, not a single one has these four options.

I really wish Ford would let you search nation wide, I have to feel like our ideal specs are out there, just not landing locally.

If you find a build that has your non-negotiables, at MSRP or under, might be worth jumping all over it.

X-plan on my build is $65230. The one that went $5K over today went for $76160. So yeah, that's a swing of $11K. We're talking nearly 20% the price of the truck.
I am headed out the door today, to look at two Lead foots.

None have the Pro Power.. My non negotiables are sunroof, tow package.

I am going to decide between 401a and 402a but leaning toward the 402a. Will see what the dealership says about price and report back.

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
Used the hack posted in the other thread to expand the search radius from 100 miles to 499 miles, worked beautifully! So last night I found 10 plus trucks with my four options. I called two dealers in NM, one in Utah, two in Nevada, and three in Cali...no one would honor X-plan, every single truck was priced $2500-$7500 over MSRP. PM me if you want any of the specifics.

Sponsored

ChrisSandstorm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare IT
Well I am done. Cancelled my order and Found a 402A Leadfoot with all my requests, except Torsen.. Locally. No dealer markup, just straight MSRP. It's on the train and looks like it will be in in 2 weeks or less. Glad I made the switch to the 402a! And kinda interested in the co-pilot tech when it comes out.

MangoDaddy

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor (ordered)
Anyone in AZ looking for a tremor they have 5 at Larry Miller Ford Mesa. I went in last night to get my deposit refunded, looks like 5k over MSRP isn't working out too well for them if they have been sitting for a week.

Two observations on the tremor:

1. The orange seats everyone was complaining about being too orange on the 402a package is really barely noticeable irl. They look fantastic, the orange is VERY subtle and only visible at certain angles.

2. The rake is bad. I am 5'11 and the top of the tailgate was up to my nose. The top of the hood was barely higher than an FX4.

Gime150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Anyone in AZ looking for a tremor they have 5 at Larry Miller Ford Mesa. I went in last night to get my deposit refunded, looks like 5k over MSRP isn't working out too well for them if they have been sitting for a week.

Two observations on the tremor:

1. The orange seats everyone was complaining about being too orange on the 402a package is really barely noticeable irl. They look fantastic, the orange is VERY subtle and only visible at certain angles.

2. The rake is bad. I am 5'11 and the top of the tailgate was up to my nose. The top of the hood was barely higher than an FX4.
Did you cancel your current order? are you going to wait and order a 22 on Sep 15?

ChrisSandstorm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare IT
By the way there are a bunch coming into Colorado. There are 31 Tremors listed in Ford's web search, I searched Ford and then started calling. Well 30 now, I got one.

Last edited:

MangoDaddy

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor (ordered)
Did you cancel your current order? are you going to wait and order a 22 on Sep 15?
Oh, I posted a few days ago about it. I bought a 302a XLT Powerboost FX4 in leadfoot that was scheduled to be delivered to Chapman ford on the 17th. Got 0% for 72 months on it.

Sponsored

BA73

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Occupation
Construction
Well I am done. Cancelled my order and Found a 402A Leadfoot with all my requests, except Torsen.. Locally. No dealer markup, just straight MSRP. It's on the train and looks like it will be in in 2 weeks or less. Glad I made the switch to the 402a! And kinda interested in the co-pilot tech when it comes out.
congratulations!

ChrisSandstorm

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Healthcare IT
congratulations!
Thanks Brad! It ended up being about 9K more than I wanted to spend but I am happy with the 402a vs the 401a. And they did not try to charge more than MSRP.

Gime150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

James Dean

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX4. 2015 Corvette 2018 Ford Explorer
For those willing to travel. The below is inbound to the dealership near Ft. Campbell (50 minutes north of Nashville)
Ford F-150 - Search Inventory
Damn near fully loaded (no sunroof) and as I understand it, they are at MSRP
Did I mention is has Torsion???
Window Sticker (forddirect.com)
[/QUOT

Not only the Torsen but it also lists 3.73, so that settles that debate if you get the Torsen you still get 3.73
Sponsored