First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
Just received this email 15 minutes ago from one of the local dealers concerning 2021 F-150 orders:

"I literally just got finished reading an email from Ford with my sales manager. Unless a 2021 F150 is currently being built, there will be no more made. We now don't even know if we will get in all the vehicles that we have on order. 2022 ordering will open up on Sept 15th and we would love to assist you in placing an order."

Also confirmed by Granger Ford:

I can confirm this happened to us as well. We have 1 2021 left to schedule and haven't been able to schedule that last order yet.

We were anticipating 30+ F-150s allocated to us and because of a covid flare up in Malaysia, production was eliminated for us.
Sponsored

First Ford Foray

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Camry SE
They have to be pulling your string. I have been restraining myself from reaching out to my dealer but I may just end up calling them to verify this info/re-submit an order. No foul against you, it's just I can't believe it.

Oxford_Powerboost

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 5.0
Just received this email 15 minutes ago from one of the local dealers concerning 2021 F-150 orders:

"I literally just got finished reading an email from Ford with my sales manager. Unless a 2021 F150 is currently being built, there will be no more made. We now don't even know if we will get in all the vehicles that we have on order. 2022 ordering will open up on Sept 15th and we would love to assist you in placing an order."
As in - won’t be building trucks that are already scheduled or won’t be scheduling any more unscheduled trucks?

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
They have to be pulling your string. I have been restraining myself from reaching out to my dealer but I may just end up calling them to verify this info/re-submit an order. No foul against you, it's just I can't believe it.
Maybe they plan to keep the lines shutdown a little longer and are forecasting that they are unable to fill the orders at this point?

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
according to my dealer as of last week all dealer stock orders for the F150 not current in the build process are being "move" to 2022 orders, he did not say anything about Retail orders, and I already have my truck so it wouldn't have been to not upset me.

Sponsored

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
according to my dealer as of last week all dealer stock orders for the F150 not current in the build process are being "move" to 2022 orders, he did not say anything about Retail orders,
I believe that!

Last week after finding out that I was getting moved again, I did a search in a 499 mile radius of me on the Ford website of their inventory. There were many trucks that had stickers available with blend dates later than the day I checked for the next couple of weeks.

Last night I did it again and all those trucks are no longer available to view as their inventory, only ones that have a blend date that has already passed.

Maybe if you have a sticker available, you will get built, and if not, maybe moving to a 2022?

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
Now that I think back on it he also mentioned that some "Stock" orders that had been serialized (VIN provided) were also being moved to 2022 orders which makes sense that the expected stock trucks were being cancelled.

He indicated that this is not something he had seen before... Once Serialized it was firm that the truck would be built in the past

SARosei

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
On order 2021 F150 Hybrid
Occupation
Finance
I understand from my dealer that having a build date -- even one that has slipped back as mine has done -- means the order is secure. Perhaps they haven't read that memo yet . . .
Also important, as many inventory trucks are going for well in excess of MSRP for scarcity, the price agreed on the order will be honored. Thanks for opening the thread and I will continue to follow this one.

OP
OP
RalpL

RalpL

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch, 601A, PB, 4x2, AMB/SG
Occupation
Retired
As in - won’t be building trucks that are already scheduled or won’t be scheduling any more unscheduled trucks?
Don't know for sure. The context of the email was in response to me waffling on whether or not to place an order for a 2021 King Ranch in light of current KCAP shutdown and reduction to one shift at DTP or to wait until next week and order a 2022.

mschiraldi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport 2.7 SCREW
My window sticker with a 8/24 blend updated today, not sure if that means anything but will reach out to my dealer for a hard build date. I might be on the line at KC but don't know for sure.

Sponsored

n8dgr8

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Platinum
I think your dealer is trying to say “all the 2021 spots are gone, we don’t know if unfulfilled 2021 orders will be canceled or converted, to avoid the hassle of possibly coming in twice, please come next week”

For those of us with orders already in the system, we have to decide between canceling our orders and going to the back of the end of the line on September 15th vs taking the chance our order will be converted and not losing our place in line. Despite plenty of comments to the contrary, I will stick with my June order and the unlikely chance it gets automatically converted to 2022. This could cost me an extra couple of months compared to running to the dealer on September 15th.

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some strange things happening. My dealers website shows an F150 that was on stock order and not built yet as sold today. I talked to them, they have not heard anything, but they did not sell it and it no longer shows on Ford's website as inventory for this dealer like it did last week.

CK.MECHA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Motorcycles
Last week after finding out that I was getting moved again, I did a search in a 499 mile radius of me on the Ford website of their inventory. There were many trucks that had stickers available with blend dates later than the day I checked for the next couple of weeks.
How did you extend the search radius? The Ford search tool on their website only lets me search a maximum of 100 miles.

Pibblemobile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F150
Based off what we are seeing, I could certainly see this being the case. Any 21 without a VIN and schedule date pushed to 22. It’s going to be a tough pill to swallow for those who have waited several months especially with 0% for 72 available now.

Liquid-Todd_AZ

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Occupation
Sales
Based off what we are seeing, I could certainly see this being the case. Any 21 without a VIN and schedule date pushed to 22. It’s going to be a tough pill to swallow for those who have waited several months especially with 0% for 72 available now.
Ford pulled the exact same thing last month with the Bronco, any orders without a VIN were automatically pushed to ‘22, the realty is that’s 99.5% of Bronco orders. ?
Sponsored