First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
I have a 2021 lariat. This is a little thing but kind of a pet peeve. the truck that shows in both the 360 view as well as on the instrument cluster is blue while my truck is red. any way to change the color to match? I know I know...first world problems!
Sponsored

jwgreene

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT supercrew in leadfoot with 5.0
Nope, stuck with it. My old 2013 Honda Civic had the ability to upload my own picture, but it’s 2021 now and apparently that technology is no longer available.

Tecdiver

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PB
Occupation
Corporate shill
I have a 2021 lariat. This is a little thing but kind of a pet peeve. the truck that shows in both the 360 view as well as on the instrument cluster is blue while my truck is red. any way to change the color to match? I know I know...first world problems!
I was excited to see this thread as I have the same peeve. Seems like an easy fix! With all of the attention to detail on the UI/UX, this is definitely a shortcoming.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford-150 Platinum , 22 Edge, 23 Explorer ST
Occupation
Retired
? and ?
Geeze.... here ya go.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Doesn't the truck color change with the different mode you are in? If it does it is for easy reference of what mode you are in.

Sponsored

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
you are, apparently, offended by this question?
Nope, guess ya don't understand the emojis... But to be clear, I am so surprised how many people whine about things that their truck can or don't do. Not just this thread. In general. That help?

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
They have the capability in the FordPass app. I agree it should work on the screens too

OP
OP
TNFreedom

TNFreedom

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
Nope, guess ya don't understand the emojis... But to be clear, I am so surprised how many people whine about things that their truck can or don't do. Not just this thread. In general. That help?
I fully understand emojis. I don't read what I wrote as whining. I read it as asking a legitimate question. I did a search and no such question came up...thus why I asked. isn't a forum a place where we SHOULD come ask about things our trucks can and can't do? that's the point right? to find things we either didn't know it could do...or find out something we want can't be done.

BHunted1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I fully understand emojis. I don't read what I wrote as whining. I read it as asking a legitimate question. I did a search and no such question came up...thus why I asked. isn't a forum a place where we SHOULD come ask about things our trucks can and can't do? that's the point right? to find things we either didn't know it could do...or find out something we want can't be done.
Not to worry. All’s good. I get it. You don’t like cheese. Lactose problem? That sux. Love Colby…..?

Suggestion: Google your question first if you cannot find it here. Most of the time, you’ll find an answer quicker.
Have fun!

Ya really gotta wonder though about that thread with hundreds of posts of what they hate about their truck. Ugh.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TNFreedom

TNFreedom

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Sales
Not to worry. All’s good. I get it. You don’t like cheese. Lactose problem? That sux. Love Colby…..?

Suggestion: Google your question first if you cannot find it here. Most of the time, you’ll find an answer quicker.
Have fun!

Ya really gotta wonder though about that thread with hundreds of posts of what they hate about their truck. Ugh.
you really don't think much of me at all. of course I started with google.

and it isn't the cheese. it's the wine. if you had said Bourbon....maybe...

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Antimatter Blue F150 Diet Platinum (Eventually)
Occupation
Math
I totally get this. On the grand scheme of things, it is rather small. But in terms of enjoyment of your vehicle, I get it. Most of us probably wanted a specific color when we selected our truck. Ultimately, that choice in the grand scheme doesn't affect the truck's functionality, and yet the colorization is the start of the personalization with he brand. This is why it is one of the first questions asked when building your order.

Design choices are what makes a vehicle feel special to the owner. Apple has been implementing this for decades. They strove to build up the personal connection between the owner and device. Can Ford do this? They sure can. It's not that difficult. Yes I am surprised that they haven't set this up. I'll even take it one step further, I'm surprised that the default is not your red.

I get the wine and cheese comment. Some people are not too concerned with these choices. That's fine. They would be perfectly happy in an uninspired and banal vehicle, as long as it performs to their expectations.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
I think I found a solution, my truck is blue and the truck on the screen is blue.

Kidding of course, I honestly thought Ford did have it match the true truck color because mine showed up as blue. I didn't even realize that was just the color it showed up as until this thread.

I agree, it would be a nice touch on these ever approaching six figure vehicles if they paid attention to the little things. No it isn't the end of the world, and anyone thinking you are whining is just being childish themselves. There is a lot you can change in Forscan that lends some weight to how you should see your truck color, like how you can hook up Forscan and change your startup animation to a Lincoln or SVT animation. Obviously Ford isn't hurting for asset space, so have an FCG spend a few hours and make the appropriate colors and make it part of the AsBuilt. Would be an afternoon of work to make a customer feel a little happier in their ultra expensive truck.

The truck market and vehicle market in general is so competitive right now and everyone offers great products in their own way. RAM doesn't get many nods in the half ton market for their payload capacities or any of that, but almost every comparison between an F-150 and RAM almost always has someone mentioning that RAMs attention to detail makes their trucks feel better, even if the F-150 is more capable or more reliable or whatever else. Anyone that discounts the small things is a fool.

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer