Sponsored

What did you NOT expect, but LOVE about your '21 F-150?

FordConvert

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB 502A
Occupation
Builder
Lariat High, PB, 4x4 Sport, fully loaded

Three things right off the bat:
  • The ability to work in my truck with it "on", with all the comfort of heated/ventilated seats and climate control, while the ICE fires up 2-3 times per hour for less than a minute to charge the battery.
  • How quiet the truck is on the road, with luxury-like ride quality
  • With the B&O unleashed system, how clear voice is for podcasts, etc. With my previous 2017 XLT high, I still used headphones for voice media
Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Quiet does it for me too. I had a 502a Lariat 2019, and it was quiet, but this thing is another level. I was surprised how much I love the Intelligent Adaptive Cruise also. I thought it would just be nice to have, but it has far exceeded my expectations.

Way smoother than my 2019 standard Adaptive Cruise was, which was already good, but the lane centering and speed limit reading are game changers. We did a trip from Michigan to Indianapolis that I have maybe made a hundred times in the past 20 years, and both ways I ended the drive more relaxed and alert than ever before because of how much the system took the monotonous stuff off the front burner. I was able to concentrate more on what other vehicles were doing which kept us safer overall, than if the truck was perfectly centered in the lane or possibly missing a speed limit change going through stupid Ohio or whatever else.

Last thing I think is the power tailgate. It was a last second add to my order, I thought it was neat but probably not very useful. Has proven to be useful a number of times already. The ability to use your knee to slightly lift it and have it close has been great. I have had to unload stuff from the bed a bunch of times now and hands full with something awkward to carry, and was able to lift the tail gate with my knee, and just walk away.

Also on a trip to Costco, I loaded up the bed with stuff, and guess I didn't fully close it or something. The truck warned me it was still open. So I hit the button in the truck and it closed and off I went. That wasn't the biggest deal, not hard to get out and close it, but it still made me smile.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5
Occupation
Retired Electrician
I am impressed with the quiet, comfortable ride, power and fuel mileage. I had a 2011 F 150 S cab with 3.5 EC. 240,000Kms when I sold it.

Sponsored

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
The front parking sensors….. Getting a 501A I didn’t expect to get those. I guess they are part of the intelligent cruise (copilot assist 360) when you also have the 360 cameras… who knows… but regardless I love the front parking sensors and how I can pull up then as soon as I get close the cameras automatically come up along with the radar signal. It’s just fantastic.

mwf5888

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost FX4 & 2019 Escape Titanium
Occupation
Instructional Designer
The messaging seats for my wife and I. We took an 1150 mile trip in two days and back. My wife used them all day long and I did in the last few hundred miles each day. Didn't expect them to make a difference but they do.

The auto deploy of the running boards so when I open the door I don't have to wait to get in the truck.

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
So many other things I love about this truck that one would expect in a new vehicle; quiet diesel, great mileage, quiet cab, adaptive cruise, comfortable to drive on longer trips & stunning good looks!

Biggest love...It may seem trivial or odd to some of ya, but I’ve always hated the ‘Auto’ mode for the environmental control on all my previous Ford vehicles. Can’t stand the fan roaring away on high unless I’m trying to defrost 1/8” of ice & crap off my windshield. The option of having the fan limited to low (or medium I guess) and setting a desired temperature is a huge improvement in my opinion!!

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Another one: the fixed running boards. I wanted the auto ones but not available with KC builds. I was planning to buy aftermarket but turns out I really like the fixed ones as when cars fling their doors open it hits the running boards instead of my doors.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I read and watched so many reviews and posts for months waiting for my truck, so very little surprised me, but here are 2 things:

1) How well Android Auto (wireless) works in Sync4! It sucked so badly in Sync3 that I never used it, not to mention it was USB only and was slow charging. I really like how well google maps works on the screen as another nav option, and that it even includes the next turn in the cluster! That was very surprising... And YT Music and Audible work great as apps

2) How well Adaptive Cruise works and how good the computer is at maximizing fuel economy. I love the EV Coach screen (the live status bar in the cluster, not the grading screen) and watching how the computer maximizes the battery bar and maximizes the regenerative braking. No way a human can compete with its skills!

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
XLT Power Boost, super quiet, fast and powerful, heated seats, 360 cameras, storage space with rear seats folded up, and, best of all, the Pro Power feature that runs every thing in my RV, and, it has to be the quietest generator I’ve ever owned.

KartRacer25

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SuperCab Sport 4x4 5.0 3.73 Space White
Occupation
Senior Software Engineer
1. The 5.0 stock exhaust, wide open. Planned to modify, but sounds so good stock I'm putting money into off road mods instead. I think it even got better after 3k mi.
2. How refined interior and handling is. Still can't believe its actually a truck sometimes. Even during very spirited driving. Amazing.
3. I parked my Space white next to my buddies oxford white F150 and a white Ram last weekend and it still really stands out.
4. The retractable tonneau cover doesn't rattle.
5. After all the early issues reported, I still haven't had one of them.

wayfarer556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Powerboost 302A
The front parking sensors….. Getting a 501A I didn’t expect to get those. I guess they are part of the intelligent cruise (copilot assist 360) when you also have the 360 cameras… who knows… but regardless I love the front parking sensors and how I can pull up then as soon as I get close the cameras automatically come up along with the radar signal. It’s just fantastic.
This is one of my favorite unexpected features as well. Makes it so much easier to navigate tight parking spaces in the city. My dad who's an old school truck guy when he first saw the system in action ranted about how game changing this system is.

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Last thing I think is the power tailgate. It was a last second add to my order, I thought it was neat but probably not very useful. Has proven to be useful a number of times already. The ability to use your knee to slightly lift it and have it close has been great. I have had to unload stuff from the bed a bunch of times now and hands full with something awkward to carry, and was able to lift the tail gate with my knee, and just walk away.
Are you just lifting it slightly and it takes over, or having your knee hit the little button that activates it?
Sponsored