Sponsored

"Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times

Blue Spruce

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 302 Screw, 6.5’, 3.5 EB
Mine hasnt reset in a few weeks until yesterday when it did it three times. All three times I turned the truck off while in eco mode and after starting it back up I got the configure screen.

today, no eco mode to or from the office and no reset.
Sponsored

JediNut

First Name
Emmett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Ford F-150 Lariat PowerBoost
Occupation
Old Time Geek
Mine went for a few days with out the reset, now it's back to doing it every time I start up the truck. No matter if I have changed the drive mode or not.

Today, it reset after I answered a phone call (via bluetooth) while driving !!!

Truly frustrating.

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SuperCrew Short Bed, 2010 Prius
I got this interesting message randomly. Went away when I unplugged my phone and dash went back to normal. Unrelated to losing the dash settings after every restart (probably).
Anybody else ever see a weird message like that? A friend said it's just jibberish like a corrupt message.
Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times 1

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I got this interesting message randomly. Went away when I unplugged my phone and dash went back to normal. Unrelated to losing the dash settings after every restart (probably).
Anybody else ever see a weird message like that? A friend said it's just jibberish like a corrupt message.
1.jpg
Is that possibly where the title of the song playing is displayed on you cluster? I'm not familiar with the layout of the 8" cluster, but on the 12" it's on the bottom center, and depending on what is playing it will attempt to display other languages as closely as it can. If however it comes across a letter or character it can't reproduce it throws up the question mark in a diamond symbol.

Below are a couple of shots I've taken, and you'll see that in the lower left side they are displaying characters displaying in Japanese and the second photo is also displaying the question mark symbol. Please excuse that they are offset and cut-off, that wasn't the original intent of the photos.

Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times PXL_20210507_190801285

Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times PXL_20210808_203715042

sonofzell

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 XLT Sport 2.7EB SCrew 302A High
Is that possibly where the title of the song playing is displayed on you cluster?
It could be the "Now Playing" info that's trying to display, but the fact that I'm seeing a mix of metric/imperial units on the same screen leads me to believe it was more of a general display bug.

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
It could be the "Now Playing" info that's trying to display, but the fact that I'm seeing a mix of metric/imperial units on the same screen leads me to believe it was more of a general display bug.
Ah yes, I didn't notice the 0.0km at odds with everything else on the screen, just what I assumed is the Now Playing banner.

Interesting.

defran02

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 4X4 Sport 302a, 2020 Honda Pilot
Im in this group too. My truck is at the dealership with a laundry list of items right now.

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Im in this group too. My truck is at the dealership with a laundry list of items right now.
Is one of those items the wheel well liners rub when you have the steering wheel cranked all the way left or right? I complained at the first oil change but have learned to live with it. If it bugs me enough I know I can use a string or something to pull the liners in towards the engine bay, it just needs like an inch of clearance.
Anyway here's what the 8" cluster looks like when playing a song from Android Auto. I think you're right, it was probably just a weird glitch, only twice now in 9000 miles, resolved by unplugging/plugging. I have had to unpair/join Sync4 with Android Auto way more times than that, it just stops talking. Also seems picky on the cable, I'm having good luck with a 3 foot Anker right now, USB-C to USB-C.
Overall still very happy with the truck. Just hate my routine of push auto-stop button*, run through menu to turn boost gauge back on, sometimes set back to Eco (doesn't really hit my MPG so I'm not anal about it). I like settings that stick, and this truck was built for people like me that love a bunch of buttons. Buttons for days!

Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times P_20210831_121955

* I realize the auto-stop can be fixed with a ~$70 add-on module, and that I should blame the EPA or such for making it go back to auto-stop after every start cycle. Meh.

steve s

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat - power boost hybird
My drive mode selection just will not hold and needs to be reset with every ignition cycle. It's a software issue that Ford needs to fix.

OnceAnEagle

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F 150 Lariat Supercab Rapid Red
Occupation
Retired
I changed my right changeable gauge to boost while on normal mode and it has not switched to something else. But on my wife's 2020 Escape Hybrid the calm screen changes seemingly at will and she swears she is not fiddling with anything.

Sponsored

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
So I went for 3-4 weeks without the dash randomly rebooting, configurable gauges stay put, and My View settings as well.

Then yesterday I had 4-6 random dash reboots while driving, lost all settings.

Very frustrating.

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
So I went for 3-4 weeks without the dash randomly rebooting, configurable gauges stay put, and My View settings as well.

Then yesterday I had 4-6 random dash reboots while driving, lost all settings.

Very frustrating.
Yesterday again, started truck, left the house, and dash rebooted 3 times within the first 3 minutes of driving.

Weird and annoying!

And I have yet to be notified of any OTA updates (build date was end of February).

gb7FRz26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Smitdog I had a similar reboot last week. Had driven somewhere, shut off truck & got out. Few minutes later got back in, depressed brake, pushed start button. It started, but then I got a warning that collision something was unavailable, and I think it warned about reverse camera unavailable. The radio screen stayed black, not even the Ford logo. I was a little worried about driving it but after a couple minutes the radio came alive with the Ford logo then everything seemed normal. I was on 1.6.0 before, and was on 1.6.0 after. Felt like a software update got pushed. For at least 5 days after that though, the turbo gauge stayed put! I was like "Yay they fixed it!". Then it went back and has been reverting almost every time I drive again.

Oh and I got the weird Chinese characters again this morning, so I played with it for a while - Waze was up on the Sync4 display, routing to home. It went away when I selected End Drive in Waze from the radio screen. What replaced it was the screen I had prior, fuel economy. Didn't have to disconnect my phone.

Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times 1

Ford F-150 "Configurable Gauge selection" and "My View" resetting back to default after random times 2

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
My dash has been rebooting constantly for the past several weeks, every time I drive the vehicle now.

It reboots 6-12 times on a 20-30 minute drive. And of course the configured gauges reset to their defaults and I lose the MyView settings too.

Over the summer I went for several weeks without it ever rebooting.

Very frustrating! I guess I'll have to bring it in to the dealership.

flashtek

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150
Good to know I'm not the only one seeing this issue. Reading all the posts does seem to lend it's self towards a connection the phone uses to connect to the truck. I say this because I start my truck several ways throughout the week. Remote Key, Remote from Phone App, Remote from Alexa and just getting in and punching the button. I have the "My View" (two fixed gages, like Chris' just above) issue and I see it on my 12-inch info center where the 'last known' seems to change to options that I never use. Basically My View is always on "Trip 1" and Info Screen is on Navigation and Radio. These do seem 'trivial' but also seems 'simple' to fix? I tried the "My Key" thing and since I'm the only one that drives the truck, it seemed unneeded.
Sponsored

Last edited: