• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Kiggulak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, 2013 Focus EV, 2019 Model 3LR
Nice this keeps me sold on my desire for the Pro.

I like the 12" horizontal screen better than the vertical one and the vinyl seats don't seem bad. I can live with the 230 lowballed range as I will be using this as my work/daily driver and I don't need to haul a load regularly.

The remaining decisions revolve around the EV rebate and purchasing the 80 amp charger for home backup capability. My current 40 amp Level 2 charger can fill an empty Tesla Long Range Model 3 overnight 310 mi range (similar battery pack size KWH?) so I don't "need" the 80 amp charger other than for emergency backup functionality. I do like the front/rear LED bars but ... they're not worth $10-15K more for the higher trim levels.

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
I'll be at one of these events in less than a month. Let me know what questions you want me to take to the Ford guys. Probably will get non answers a lot but I'll give it my best.

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I'll be at one of these events in less than a month. Let me know what questions you want me to take to the Ford guys. Probably will get non answers a lot but I'll give it my best.
Suggest you make a new post shortly before the event so that our questions can be based on what we know then!

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Seriously….only $39k before rebates???? WOW

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Seriously….only $39k before rebates???? WOW
Ya, that's for the xl equivalent truck. Right now it doesn't look like you can get cloth or power seats on that trim at all. You also cannot get the extended range battery as a retail customer.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Ya, that's for the xl equivalent truck. Right now it doesn't look like you can get cloth or power seats on that trim at all. You also cannot get the extended range battery as a retail customer.
$39k and I don’t buy gas??? $39k and my solar panels charge that puppy up, hauls my fire wood, water, livestock feed, lumber, and got 4 doors. 4 wheel drive, no more oil changes, all for only $39k?? Sign me up, that’s gotta be the best deal around.?

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
$39k and I don’t buy gas??? $39k and my solar panels charge that puppy up, hauls my fire wood, water, livestock feed, lumber, and got 4 doors. 4 wheel drive, no more oil changes, all for only $39k?? Sign me up, that’s gotta be the best deal around.?
It honestly is but I also have to believe that the vast majority of people buying this thing are going for higher trims. The majority of people who drive trucks drive them as a lifestyle vehicle and not a tool.
Oh you forgot that it also has more power than any other f-150 for only $40k.

Indyboswell

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer XLT, Fusion, Bronco reservation
Occupation
Mortgage Lending
It honestly is but I also have to believe that the vast majority of people buying this thing are going for higher trims. The majority of people who drive trucks drive them as a lifestyle vehicle and not a tool.
Oh you forgot that it also has more power than any other f-150 for only $40k.
And really, its more like $33K after the rebate factors in. Not too shabby!

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
Please ask about a gooseneck hitch. The independent rear suspension change has changed fitment.

..........and before anyone starts....I am fully aware of the range hit towing will take. I don't need to tow cross country. I need to tow a 7000 horse trailer to a trail head now and again.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Please ask about a gooseneck hitch. The independent rear suspension change has changed fitment.

..........and before anyone starts....I am fully aware of the range hit towing will take. I don't need to tow cross country. I need to tow a 7000 horse trailer to a trail head now and again.
But you'll never make it down your driveway /s.
?

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms

Ford offers a goose on the Hybrid, so anything is possible.
Range "hit" is more like a KO … if you get a Lightning with 300 miles' range, you might be able to tow a horse float on level ground say 100 miles. Assuming your trailhead is less than about 50 miles away, seems like a very cool solution.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning Pro Walkaround and Test Ride video 1629990408159

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Bullitt, 2020 F-150
Occupation
Babylon 5 security
I would have love to have seen the range before and AFTER that short hooning session. I swear when he first showed the range dial/indicator, that it was ever-so-slowly creeping down as he talked.

TRP

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach E Premium 4X, 2018 Ford F150xlt Sport
Ford offers a goose on the Hybrid, so anything is possible.
Range "hit" is more like a KO … if you get a Lightning with 300 miles' range, you might be able to tow a horse float on level ground say 100 miles. Assuming your trailhead is less than about 50 miles away, seems like a very cool solution.
1629990408159.png
Trail heads are really close, 10-20 miles at most. The question mark is the "independent rear suspension". It changes the mounting from previous models and years. We'll see

F-150 Prius

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum PowerBoost FX-4 6½
Occupation
Software Algorithms
Trail heads are really close, 10-20 miles at most. The question mark is the "independent rear suspension". It changes the mounting from previous models and years. We'll see
I was thinking about it in terms of (1) Ford offers a goose on their Hybrid, so it's not going to be a new thing to offer it on the EV and (2) the chassis is still a ladder frame, so it's not as if they've gone to a unitary body chassis (which would never handle a gooseneck. So "all" they need is to change the dimensions to suit the new frame and offer some fortification to the rear suspension.
From a marketing perspective, I see huge upside in showing the Lightning with a modest gooseneck trailer (like a horse float.) It's a show of strength and a gauntlet thrown down to GM and RAM or to keep quiet about max towing …

I know a lot of affluent equestrians around here who tow their horses maybe 10 miles each way and would love to have a 9.6kW silent generator keeping the champagne chilled between rides … : )
Sponsored