• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
And that reservation was made just minutes after the reveal event ended. I have another reservation made about the time the reservations went live as the event was about to start. I plan on using that for my personal truck in Lariat+ or Platinum trim.
@Lime Green would you mind sharing your reservation numbers (with the last three digits x'd out)? It would be interesting to see how the numbers progressed over that short period of time.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Principal at Granger Motors
Shouldn't all of us (save those who reserved in the first 5 minutes or so) expect a wait?
If the Bronco is any indication, yes.

The good news with the lightning is that it isn't all new. The basic truck architecture is similar, so there aren't the same hurdles to jump through like the Bronco being an all-new platform.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Are you saying 108*2*0860 was a day one reservation or is the 2 supposed to be a zero? I received 10803111 by reserving in the minutes before announcement as the link appeared early. Not a “friend of a dealer” or anything ?
Sam, is your number not the lowest of all numbers that have been reported? I can’t find any lower. Most appear to start 10813xxx

OP
OP

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
For the thousandth time, the res numbers are not sequential. Ask about the timestamp to get meaningful information.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
For the thousandth time, the res numbers are not sequential. Ask about the timestamp to get meaningful information.
Timestamp is what is ultimately important, BUT res numbers are broadly sequential and *generally* start around 10813xxx, so it's interesting to see one that's an outlier like that.

They also can be one variable informing approximate number of people between one reservation and another, because timestamp doesn't inherently tell you anything about how many people are between one timestamp or another.

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I am in the exact same scenario with my wife's and my leases.
Also trying to double dip, but no leases involved. Told the wife we couldn't keep her Mini past it's warranty (I don't want to do repairs on a BMW!), so we put in an order for a Mach-e GT for her. As of now we are expecting to get hers in early 2022. I am just hoping it isn't time to trade that Mach-e in before I get the Lightning!

The new production numbers for the Lightning also have me rethinking our home charging plans. Had been planning to just set up the 80A Lightning charger and use that for both, but if the Lightning is several years away......

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Timestamp is what is ultimately important, BUT res numbers are broadly sequential and *generally* start around 10813xxx, so it's interesting to see one that's an outlier like that.

They also can be one variable informing approximate number of people between one reservation and another, because timestamp doesn't inherently tell you anything about how many people are between one timestamp or another.
They aren’t even close to sequential. Multiple servers were dispensing numbers in separated sets of 1000s simultaneously.
For example 10813750 is a later reservation than 10815005.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
They aren’t even close to sequential. Multiple servers were dispensing numbers in separated sets of 1000s simultaneously.
For example 10813750 is a later reservation than 10815005.
They are BROADLY sequential, like I said. Yeah, if you and I were ~2k actual reservations apart, we might have numbers in the wrong order, but if you reserve now, you're not going to get a lower number than someone who reserved on Day 1. The numbers may be +/- 5k, for instance, but they're not completely random. They're not all grabbing from a completely different group of numbers (no duplicates). If you did a scatter plot of the reservations based on reservation number and actual order of reservation, it would clearly show a relationship between the two. Later reservations *generally* get higher numbers, outside of a relatively small +/- range. That's what I mean by broadly sequential.

thevofl

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Antimatter Blue F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Math
I apologize in advance. I feel like I am hogging this thread. I'll stop after this.

You high reservation holders don't completely despair. Ford is making the rules and only they know what they are and we will never know what happens on the inside. If you really really want a Lightning, stay in the game. If not, get your $100 back now and help move up real wannas.

If anything, Ford is a master of marketing. High number holders could be bumped if they are in a smaller state. Ford may want representative Lightnings sprinkled around for publicity. When I got my first hybrid. local news covered it after a call from the dealer and my photo was posted in the dealer's for years.

Each dealer may get one for their showroom and they will promptly put a "SOLD" sign on it, sold or not. Chevrolet Dealers do this for Corvettes. Friends of Dealers will end up with this Lightning, reserved or not.

Ford has a great database of prospective buyer profiles they use extensively in their email campaigns. If they believe you will be a "Good Ambassador" you may get bumped. If you are a "Personality" or "High Profile" you may get bumped.

I owned and moderated a Ford-related forum for 16 years and I know that Ford monitored threads for input. I know for sure because I chatted offline for years with these watchers. Super-active members may get bumped.

If you are a professional engineer, electrician or manage a fleet you may get bumped.

If you live in an extreme climate Ford may want to monitor your Lightning as a test and you may get bumped.

And on and on. It is a bit like UFO Conspiracy. We can never know what they know. After spending Billions on this new truck Ford will use every advantage they can to guarantee success. Ford will remember Edsel forever. I am sure the reservation process is no strict democracy, but that is OK with me.
Hey Ford, if you are reading this,

I drive by the Tesla plant in Fremont CA. I would be happy to "socialize" and be visible in the neighborhood with my new Lightning. So if you want to have a presence in the competition's home area, I would not object to being bumped.

Just putting this out there.

Rob

Sponsored

TN F-150

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1966 Mustang Sprint; 1970 F-100; 2001 f-150
Occupation
General Contractor
So Ford has published preliminary MSRP pricing for its 2022 production run. And has generated over 120k+ reservations. The 2022 production run will be limited to ~15k vehicles. And sadly I have a much later reservation number. So I’m curious whether Ford will honor 2022 MSRP prices for those reservation holders that won’t be able to get (order) a Lightning until 2023 or 2024?

BottledLightning

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crown Vic, Explorer
So Ford has published preliminary MSRP pricing for its 2022 production run. And has generated over 120k+ reservations. The 2022 production run will be limited to ~15k vehicles. And sadly I have a much later reservation number. So I’m curious whether Ford will honor 2022 MSRP prices for those reservation holders that won’t be able to get (order) a Lightning until 2023 or 2024?
If they do what they did on Bronco (which they are under no obligation to do) there will be a cut off point for price protection. On Bronco you had to have a reservation or an order by March 19th of this year (that was exactly two months after ordering started). We'll see if Lightning goes the same route but as I always say, set yourself up to be pleasantly surprised and not disappointed.

TN F-150

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
General Contractor
So are you saying they convert the existing reservations to orders, but then don’t fulfill them until 2023 or 2024?

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So are you saying they convert the existing reservations to orders, but then don’t fulfill them until 2023 or 2024?
I believe the normal procedure is they would convert you to an order (likely this fall), but then if they can't fill it you update the order to fi the next model year pricing and packages (repeat until they can fill your order)

TN F-150

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
General Contractor
And I read somewhere here that upon ordering there’s a deposit due ; perhaps $2,000 to $2,500?
Sponsored