• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I am guessing when they open the orders, we will get an email. Does anyone know from the mach-e and Bronco, do they open orders in waves? Does Ford say how long you have to convert before losing your reservation spot?
I don't know about the Bronco but all Mach E customer orders were opened simultaneously. Folks had a few months to place their orders before scheduling began. Priority was based on reservation timestamp and order # was original reservation #. However, if you waited to order beyond first scheduling, your priority slipped. Ford has said they plan to follow reservation priority even more for the Lightning and eluded to opening orders in waves. There was also an eventual cutoff after which un-converted reservations were cancelled.

Do the dealers get access to ordering at the same time as pre-order holders?
For the Mach E, dealers were able to order their FCTP before the customer orders began but they were not able to order allocations for stock until after customers had a chance to order. Few dealer allocation cars have made it to showrooms because orders have been so strong. The Mach E has not followed the old dealer allocation model at all.

If I put in a reservation today, but then have a dealer order day one the orders open, will I get the vehicle sooner on the dealer order?
If they follow the Mach E system, absolutely not. Many dealers have yet to receive any allocation cars. Most cars sold by dealers have been to customers with orders, selling cars when customers abandon orders, or FCTP cars.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Agreed. It seems like 10813xxx were the lowest normal numbers. Lots of as-early-as-possible reservations are in that range, plus a few thousand. The numbers below 10813xxx seem like weird outliers, and there haven't been many people mentioning numbers, so I kind of assumed they were to friends of dealers or something. Definitely outliers.
For the Mach E release, the reservation system had four sets of number servers working simultaneously. Each had 1000 numbers. That meant 5456 was a later reservation than 7005. We don’t know how many number servers were working in parallel for the Lightning launch but I'm guessing at least 5.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Agreed. It seems like 10813xxx were the lowest normal numbers. Lots of as-early-as-possible reservations are in that range, plus a few thousand. The numbers below 10813xxx seem like weird outliers, and there haven't been many people mentioning numbers, so I kind of assumed they were to friends of dealers or something. Definitely outliers.
Someone on FB said they received 10820860.

Sponsored

Sam James

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford Lightning Lariat ER, 21 VW ID.4 Pro S RWD
Occupation
Accountant
Someone on FB said they received 10820860.
Are you saying 108*2*0860 was a day one reservation or is the 2 supposed to be a zero? I received 10803111 by reserving in the minutes before announcement as the link appeared early. Not a “friend of a dealer” or anything ?

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
I bet everyone who wants an F150L in the first year will get one and it will also be on the x plan pricing with 0% over 72 months. Just trying to be positive as the rest of this thread has really dashed my hopes based on availability and if my dealer tries mark up I will also walk away.
I doubt everyone who wants one will get one but I think at least the first 20,000 reservation holders will. I know you are intentionally being over-optimistic but I did get my Mach E at 0.9% for 48 months and X-plan pricing.

This is encouraging. I fully expect my local dealer to tell me to get bent when I ask for a bit below or at MSRP. If we have an ordering window, that would at least give me some time to check other dealers. I’m willing to drive out to @Granger Ford too, depending on whether they are able to go below MSRP, based on the stellar feedback.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I've gotten that email twice.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
Most dealers would prefer as many reservation converted as possible. That way they would be able to sell abandoned orders of the lot with a huge markup. Putting a $10K markup will produce a whole lot more profit than $2,500 deposit.
I don’t have much experience with dealers. Does anyone know how we can ensure the dealer does not play games after they receive the truck to encourage you to abandon your order?

I assume many of them will try different tactics if each abandoned order mean $15-$20K markup. My dealer was upfront about Markup being the name of the game for lightening.

Does anyone knows after truck arrives, if things get ugly with the dealer, can you move it to another dealer and complete the deal? Or your choices are paying whatever they ask for or leave the truck?

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/thr...s-for-2022-f-150-lightning-sign-in-here.3702/
I think the earliest reservations were 10813xxx. I'm assuming the 4 lowest numbers are typos as the dates seem to be wrong. Also we don't know if fleet orders are included in this reservation number scheme
Another evidence that this is true is that they announced they had 20,000 orders in first 12 hours. My reservation number is 30,XXX and I completed mine at the end of the reveal. I think everyone that made reservation that night should get theirs in 2022 (if Ford produces 15,000 as planned).

IMHO, you can compare them to one another. Other than being electric, and if that's your draw, there are cheaper options available.
I have multiple reservations. Being electric is one of the most important factors, being a truck is second but even those are not an absolute must. ICE, PHEV and SUVs are not completely out of the running. The reason I am considering vehicles that are very different from each other is that each of them have their own pros, cons and unknowns. The total score is what keeps them in the running for me. I may get a R1S and keep my old ICE truck for occasional use. Or get rid of my sport car and my truck and replace them with CT or Lightening. The timing of which option becomes available first will have some impact on the choice. We are living in a different world. It is not like you go to multiple dealers on the same day and pickup the one with the best deal. None of these vehicles exist in any consumer Driveways. There is a certain level of crapshoot involved with all. So keeping your options open with refundable deposit is not a bad idea. Of course I understand folks with much narrower focus as far as what they need from their next vehicle.

Priority is based on the time stamp (not reservation number). That will determine your place in line — off and only if you convert to am order promptly.
Can you expand on “properly”? I am a bit clueless on this process.

Agreed. It's weird. I'm sure there are plenty of people who think it's too weird to consider. But I've owned multiple BMW i3s, so I'm obviously not inherently opposed to weird!
The weird part of CT (exterior) is other people’s problem. As the owner, most of the time, you are looking at it from inside and from Leno’s video, I got the impression that it is a very nice place to spend your time,

I haven't. When did you get it?
I got mine on Aug 5 as well (reservation# 30K)

For the Mach E release, the reservation system had four sets of number servers working simultaneously. Each had 1000 numbers. That meant 5456 was a later reservation than 7005. We don’t know how many number servers were working in parallel for the Lightning launch but I'm guessing at least 5.
That explains why Ford emphasizes time stamp.

Sponsored

Dirtyrider89

First Name
Korey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Technician for cranes
I got the email to on the 5th I was 11 mins after it opened 10820185

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
August 5th
I stand corrected. I did get this email, but assumed it was all marketing mambo-jumbo and didn't read it. I also didn't recognize it since you pasted from the middle.
I don’t have much experience with dealers. Does anyone know how we can ensure the dealer does not play games after they receive the truck to encourage you to abandon your order?

I assume many of them will try different tactics if each abandoned order mean $15-$20K markup. My dealer was upfront about Markup being the name of the game for lightening.

Does anyone knows after truck arrives, if things get ugly with the dealer, can you move it to another dealer and complete the deal? Or your choices are paying whatever they ask for or leave the truck?
You cannot change dealers after the order is placed. When you place the order, you should see something like this:
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Will Build 15K Lightning in 2022, 80K+/yr by 2024 1629817439368

You want Difference From MSRP to be zero. If not, switch to a different dealer before submitting the order. The dealer may also insist on mandatory worthless add-ons such as wheel lock, paint protection, undercoating, etc. The time to clarify these before hand. Contact your dealer and confirm that they will accept X-Plan (if available), no mark-up, no add-ons. Best to get this in writing (email).

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)

What I can say is I was VERY CLEAR with the GM of the dealership I would pay MSRP and nothing more. No ADM, no "add ons", no gimmicks, no BS. Yes I have to take his word.

However, what I can say is that in the age of social media, yelp, google reviews, etc, it would be really stupid for a dealer to try to stiff a customer on a previous "deal".

I would totally roast a dealer on every platform available if that happened to me, in addition to complaining to Ford and the BBB.

I think most times if you've researched and looked at reviews on google/yelp and the like you are reasonably safe. I would also suggest a conversation with the dealership general manager or owner.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Wrangler Rubicon and 2018 Mini Cooper S Count
Occupation
overpaid computer nerd.
I guess those of us that ordered during, or right after, the Lightning's intro are probably good to go for 2022. I can't wait. :)

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sequoia/QX60, Maybe Bronco 6G WT
This is encouraging. I fully expect my local dealer to tell me to get bent when I ask for a bit below or at MSRP. If we have an ordering window, that would at least give me some time to check other dealers. I’m willing to drive out to @Granger Ford too, depending on whether they are able to go below MSRP, based on the stellar feedback.
Granger is well below MSRP. Shoot them a message, they're good people and they'll answer your questions to the best of their ability (even if you don't have a reservation with them).
Sponsored