Sponsored

Lift/Level, have you re-aligned your cruise control module?

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
If
I am not debating whether it is factual or not. I am debating whether it is necessary or not. And it is definitely unnecessary. Are you going to adjust the sensors every time you attach a trailer? Put something in your truck bed? No you are not. And Ford knew you wouldn’t. That is why the system is designed with parameters in mind. Ford knew you would tow and load stuff and the rake would change all the time. The cruise control will work safely without any adjustments and manipulation of it shouldn’t be done unless it’s necessary. Earlier you told another person “if you think you don’t need realignment then that’s on you” making it sound like their truck needs this and is somehow compromised by the level. Give me a break dude.

Don’t get hung up on the word recalibration because when I use that word, I am talking about the procedure you posted for aligning the sensor.

You have people on this forum literally asking how to refill DEF fluid on their powerboost, so it wouldn’t surprise me if some “average joe” read your post, thought this alignment was necessary, and broke something in the process all because you gave them bad information and made it sound like they need to do this when they don’t.

Unless your adaptive cruise control has thrown a code, warning light, or isn’t working right, then this “alignment” is unnecessary. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should.
If the module is not aligned, then the procedure applies to whomever.

Ford took the time to add this to the workshop manual. It doesn’t say “ONLY do this if you replace your CCM” or as you stated “lift kit territory
Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
C&A
The hardest part of this will be finding a level place to make the adjustment.

With regards to whether it is necessary, it depends on how you use your truck. Obviously the radar has a range it is effective in (probably a cone shaped area when looking from the side) or it would have to be adjusted every time you load the truck up to tow. Since it works well on an unloaded truck that has been leveled, we can assume that a leveling kits puts the radar still within range of operation. However if you level your truck and then load it up with a trailer, you might push it outside the range it is effective and be in a bad situation.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
If

If the module is not aligned, then the procedure applies to whomever.

Ford took the time to add this to the workshop manual. It doesn’t say “ONLY do this if you replace your CCM” or as you stated “lift kit territory
You are dodging the fact that Ford does not tell you this procedure is necessary post level or change in truck rake.

This procedure is only necessary if you have an adaptive cruise control fault. CCM alignment after getting your truck leveled is 100% unnecessary unless you have a fault coming up. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You are dodging the fact that Ford does not tell you this procedure is necessary post level or change in truck rake.

This procedure is only necessary if you have an adaptive cruise control fault. CCM alignment after getting your truck leveled is 100% unnecessary unless you have a fault coming up. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.
I'm not dodging anything.
Ford does not provide literature for aftermarket components such as leveling "spacers" like readylift.
but i did happen to find literature for their ford performance "leveling kit/struts” for their 15-20's stating that the CCM must be re aligned. Disproving your theory and confirming mine.
Cheers bud, good try but take this L.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR M-XXXX-XXXX (ford.com)

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Good information. I will probably make the adjustment on mine when the time comes as I love adaptive cruise and rely on it a lot (maybe a bit more than I should) so I will want it working as accurately as possible.
Thank you for sharing
Brian, thanks for your help, we appreciate it .
Thanks for sharing. This is good information, and explained in an easy way to understand.
Thanks for the support gentlemen, I’m honestly just attempting to help provide solid information to this forum.

jrhoops

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 SCREW, 35L-PB
Occupation
IT
I can speak from experience with using acc/ccm both towing and not towing. As a professional tailgater I was always a bit miffed about the following distance on the shortest setting, it encouraged slow mergers to cut over frequently as it left just enough space. Now with the level, it leaves about half the space and I think its perfect. I am going to align it though because I know my way is not the right way haha

jrhoops

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 SCREW, 35L-PB
Occupation
IT
and lane keep assist doesnt seem to work really at all now, it did before

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Holy crap yall attacking the man like he's telling you he's in bed with your SO. If you don't want to do the adjustment, then don't. Don't be an ass about it on a forum. Sheesh
No one is attacking anyone or being an ass. I’m simply pointing out bad and unnecessary information. Telling forum members something NEEDS to be done when it doesn’t isnt a smart idea.

There are people on this forum who literally have no idea how to change the oil on their truck, telling those same people they need to perform realignment of adaptive cruise control on their own when it’s completely unnecessary is not good. Watch one of them do it wrong and get in an accident. I genuinely do not want someone to do this when it’s not needed, muck it up, and then trust their cruise control and crash.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm not dodging anything.
Ford does not provide literature for aftermarket components such as leveling "spacers" like readylift.
but i did happen to find literature for their ford performance "leveling kit/struts” for their 15-20's stating that the CCM must be re aligned. Disproving your theory and confirming mine.
Cheers bud, good try but take this L.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR M-XXXX-XXXX (ford.com)
You posted literature pertaining to Gen 13, not 14. This is a gen 14 site last I checked. I called Ford performance anyways ( 25 miles away from my house ) and they confirmed today what I have been saying when I asked if realigning my CCM with a 2.25” readylift is necessary. Unless there code is being thrown for the cruise control or it is not working right, realignment is not necessary. Have a nice day bro ?

OP
OP
Doyouevenboost

Doyouevenboost

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
You posted literature pertaining to Gen 13, not 14. This is a gen 14 site last I checked. I called Ford performance anyways ( 25 miles away from my house ) and they confirmed today what I have been saying when I asked if realigning my CCM with a 2.25” readylift is necessary. Unless there code is being thrown for the cruise control or it is not working right, realignment is not necessary. Have a nice day bro ?
L

nearly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Are there any other systems besides cruise control that depend on the original rake? I got all those smarts in the truck and don't want to lose things like lane keep etc if it's all dependent on factory suspension / angles.
Sponsored