Sponsored

Anyone Using These LED Replacements in Their Halogen Housings?

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Saw these recommended in a F150 Facebook group, but as always I like to seek out more opinions. They seem to have good reviews on Amazon. Spare me the lecture about using LEDs in a halogen housing. I bought an STX and I want better lights. If I could swap in the legit LED housings without having to replace modules and coding all that jazz I would, but I can't. Any other ideas for better lighting or LED bulbs I should check out? Looking to replace the high and low beams, and maybe the fogs.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089FGSQ4...olid=26FWKN5YZOAKH&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Ford F-150 Anyone Using These LED Replacements in Their Halogen Housings? 61jOOp4o1AL._AC_SL1200_
Sponsored

OzzieSr

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Lariat Sport 502A
Before trading it, I was about to replace all bulbs in my 18 XLT. After digging around I ended up deciding on these guys;

f150leds.com

OP
OP
tardman91

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Before trading it, I was about to replace all bulbs in my 18 XLT. After digging around I ended up deciding on these guys;

f150leds.com
Thanks I have seen those. They look to be a little more involved than the ones I linked to, which I don't necessarily mind. It's just $70 vs. $330. I don't know if it's a case of "you get what you pay for" or just a huge markup on their part.

turbospartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost Lariat
I threw some Amazon LEDs in my Jeep. They were definitely better than the stock halogen bulbs, but one flaw was that they would flicker because of the lower power consumption of LED's vs Halogens. Something to consider, as some LED sellers offer in-line power boxes (or whatever they might be called) to eliminate flickering.

From the research I did before purchasing, you basically want the thinnest "arm" ( or whatever it is actually called - the part the yellow LEDs attach to) as possible, as that will provide the best focus and beam cutoff without the arm getting in the way.

OP
OP
tardman91

tardman91

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 STX
Are there any good halogen replacements that are brighter? I remember back in the day when silver stars were all the rage. I might have even put a set in my 2005. Are those still a good option? Have they gotten better or has someone improved the product, or did they all start making LEDs?

Sponsored

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Are there any good halogen replacements that are brighter? I remember back in the day when silver stars were all the rage. I might have even put a set in my 2005. Are those still a good option? Have they gotten better or has someone improved the product, or did they all start making LEDs?
I had good luck with Philips

Sponsored

Fordphanatic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F150
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Thanks I have seen those. They look to be a little more involved than the ones I linked to, which I don't necessarily mind. It's just $70 vs. $330. I don't know if it's a case of "you get what you pay for" or just a huge markup on their part.
Definitely a case of "you get what you pay for" when it comes to LED'S or anything electrical related when it comes to your truck.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicles
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Occupation
Drug Dealer of the LED World
Saw these recommended in a F150 Facebook group, but as always I like to seek out more opinions. They seem to have good reviews on Amazon. Spare me the lecture about using LEDs in a halogen housing. I bought an STX and I want better lights. If I could swap in the legit LED housings without having to replace modules and coding all that jazz I would, but I can't. Any other ideas for better lighting or LED bulbs I should check out? Looking to replace the high and low beams, and maybe the fogs.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089FGSQ4...olid=26FWKN5YZOAKH&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

61jOOp4o1AL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
If you're in the market for a great LED replacement bulb. Check out our CrystaLux bulbs. They are 15% off right now

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/crystalux-led-headlight-bulbs-for-ford-f-150-2015/

Ford F-150 Anyone Using These LED Replacements in Their Halogen Housings? 1656625608181

shedkept

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 x F250 1 x F350
Occupation
Consultant
New here but am curious as to why Ford doesn't list the type of headlight that's on the truck other than Halogen. I'm looking at 2 trucks and it's pretty apparent the headlights are different. The XL has Halogens but the XLT has no such identification other than the housing being very different.
Appreciate all input. I had a go-round with GM when they switched to LED bulbs. The housings weren't designed for the bulbs. Went around in circles with dealer. Did learn later from a GM Canada QC guy that "there was an issue he heard about". I dumped the truck and don't plan to go back. Thanks.

Ford F-150 Anyone Using These LED Replacements in Their Halogen Housings? XL Halogen Lights

Ford F-150 Anyone Using These LED Replacements in Their Halogen Housings? XLT Lights

SpaceWhiteF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The xl trucks have halegon bulbs in the housing(you could easily replace these) while the xlt’s have led reflectors in the housing with halogen turn signals (you can’t replace forward facing lights because they aren’t bulbs they are built in diodes, then the turn signals are halogen bulbs) then lariat 502a plus trim trucks have full led projector headlights and turn signals( they are all built in diodes no bulbs to replace)

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
XLT in the picture has LED headlights
Sponsored