Sponsored

Poalpo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
A lot of speculation. Other than that one cropped photo of what looks like a truck, does anyone really have real evidence that they were all new ford f150 on that train.
Sponsored

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Property Management
A lot of speculation. Other than that one cropped photo of what looks like a truck, does anyone really have real evidence that they were all new ford f150 on that train.
It's all speculation but there are confirmed Fords on that train including the Transit which is also made at the KC plant.

Another news article today indicated NS has notified customers to expect 12-18 hour delays as they re-route.

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Maybe I can get my fold down work table ?

Sponsored

superz

First Name
Zale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021f150RCSB;2016 Ecodiesel;2012 ISF; 66 Sting Ray
Occupation
Realtor
From what I understand from employees of NS, every vehicle on that train has to be scrapped. Even if the car was unharmed.
Typical american waste. Just like when the gov't. paid to have some nice old cars crushed. I wonder if the EPA is requiring them all to be crushed or the Ins. co. is.?
Just curious.

Roady

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4
Occupation
Information Technology
Typical american waste. Just like when the gov't. paid to have some nice old cars crushed. I wonder if the EPA is requiring them all to be crushed or the Ins. co. is.?
Just curious.
I don't believe it's either. It comes down to a liability issue. If a person was injured in one of those vehicles, a lawyer could make a case it was faulty because of the train wreck.

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I agree but I'm typically blind in one eye and can't see out of the other and I do not see any F150s in the photos and the news report seems to only mention a train derailment. I did not see where it said there were any F150s. Until I 'see' or hear otherwise seems like not too much to get worked about anyone not getting their trucks. :unsure:

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
I agree but I'm typically blind in one eye and can't see out of the other and I do not see any F150s in the photos and the news report seems to only mention a train derailment. I did not see where it said there were any F150s. Until I 'see' or hear otherwise seems like not too much to get worked about anyone not getting their trucks. :unsure:
Bro, do you not see the roof antennas and tailgate emblem in this pic ?

1627999716312.png

Sponsored

Wolf Man

First Name
WolfMan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Bro, do you not see the roof antennas and tailgate emblem in this pic ?

1627999716312.png
I had to squint because the photo is not very clear and it's small but ya looks like that's an F150

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
In the full photo you can also see a couple transits scattered in the wreck so it was clearly a train from the KC plant (pointed out earlier in thread)… so not all F150’s but considering that is the primary push, probably mostly.

Xylo133

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 3.5 Eco
How long will it take before Ford provides a list of VIN's that were on that train? Surely some people are going to get some bad news. I suspect I may be one of them.

spins4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150, 2015 GTR
Occupation
Project Executive
How long will it take before Ford provides a list of VIN's that were on that train? Surely some people are going to get some bad news. I suspect I may be one of them.
I have pretty much confirmed my order was a victim of this latest issue. Order was through work via a fleet company so I get better visibility into production and shipping status, accuracy is also much better than Ford’s tracker. Original order from 3/1 was finally built on 7/28 with an ETA of 8/9. It shipped on 8/2. Now there’s NO ETA at all in the system and it’s listed as “Shipping Delay”. So if you see pictures of a wrecked Carbonized Gray Lariat in Sport trim it’s probably the one I ordered.
Sponsored