Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Nooooooooooo!!!

Ford F-150 Train Carrying New F-150s Derails! 1BC92406-AC2A-4A9B-B2CE-D08C0AE496FE

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Anyone see this yesterday!? This would be just my luck. Looks like my truck was on a Norfolk Southern train in MO yesterday. I‘m praying it wasn’t on there....
Hopefully not and it does look like the majority of the rail cars remained upright on or close to being on the tracks with just a dozen or so getting munched up. Still going to be a delay.

Djlee1592

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
industrial mechanic
Oh noo

Sponsored

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Healthcare IT/Property Management
I posted this in the facebook groups yesterday. Thats my local news station and the derailment is not far from me. I have a friend who's a state police officer of that way. I sent him a text this morning asking if he had more details on the train.

OP
OP

Thinbluef150

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Police Officer
I posted this in the facebook groups yesterday. Thats my local news station and the derailment is not far from me. I have a friend who's a state police officer of that way. I sent him a text this morning asking if he had more details on the train.
Please let us know if you hear anything about it!

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
Hopefully not and it does look like the majority of the rail cars remained upright on or close to being on the tracks with just a dozen or so getting munched up. Still going to be a delay.
From what I understand from employees of NS, every vehicle on that train has to be scrapped. Even if the car was unharmed.

Sponsored

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
That track is twerked too. How long does this type of thing take to clean up... weeks ?

1628000711605.png
We had a derailment a few years back, it takes MONTHS to clean up the train cars. They bulldoze them off to the side and have the track straightened out pretty quick. Then it seems like trains are free to move along the rail just at a reduced speed while people work on the derailment.

That's purely from my observation, I have no idea if that's common or just how it was handled that one time.

UGADawg96

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 302A 157 PB
We had a derailment a few years back, it takes MONTHS to clean up the train cars. They bulldoze them off to the side and have the track straightened out pretty quick. Then it seems like trains are free to move along the rail just at a reduced speed while people work on the derailment.

That's purely from my observation, I have no idea if that's common or just how it was handled that one time.
Makes the most sense for sure!

OP
OP

Thinbluef150

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Police Officer
So after doing a little research, I see that Ralls County (the location of the derailment) is in far eastern MO. PalsApp shows that the final destination of my truck is Birmingham, MO (which is in far western MO near Kansas City). So I’m hoping that means my truck wasn’t on that train. My window sticker says CONVOY so I would imagine that it would be getting on a truck after leaving Birmingham. Does this sound right? Someone please calm me down lol.

IconicTremor

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Agate Black Tremor
Occupation
So after doing a little research, I see that Ralls County (the location of the derailment) is in far eastern MO. PalsApp shows that the final destination of my truck is Birmingham, MO (which is in far western MO near Kansas City). So I’m hoping that means my truck wasn’t on that train. My window sticker says CONVOY so I would imagine that it would be getting on a truck after leaving Birmingham. Does this sound right? Someone please calm me down lol.
I know nothing about NS shipping info, but in your screen shot above it states it was "delivered 8/2" so I think your estimation here might be correct.

The only good that would come from this if your truck was on that train and you are able to confirm it was lost, you would be able to build a new truck and I believe they give customers Priority 1 for these situations which means its built substantially faster than most retail orders. Someone just posted in another thread they got priority 1, ordered their truck mid July, had a VIN by end of July, and build week is coming up here in a few weeks.
Sponsored