Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 3500, Subaru Outback
Occupation
Insurance Analyst
retail priority 10
Retail priority 10 - originally ordered on 10/14. Made a change to the order (dropped the tonneau retractable cover) on 11/23.

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Got my build date and VIN 2/01/2021. ?

originally ordered 9/30 but I did add tow mirrors on 10/30 not sure if that hurt my build date.

Edit -Retail order priority 10

Congrats! Work surface, max tow, or powerboost?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Thanks for posting. Wow if you are priority 10 that does not look good for me. I'm at 19 and no VIN/Build date yet. Do you have any of the delayed parts?
For sure work surface. Not sure what the entire delayed parts list consist of right now.

Sponsored

ford2021

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
sales
Retail priority 10 - originally ordered on 10/14. Made a change to the order (dropped the tonneau retractable cover) on 11/23.
I know 19 means no rush, not sure that everyone can get 10 or not. I'm 11 and was told that is fastest option...

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Doesn't look like any time soon does it. They build so few of them now.

I'm not sure I understand why you would go diesel over an Eco or PowerBoost to be honest?

You get more power with both other engines and it's not that much less MPGs (especially the PowerBoost) which is all washed out after you pay more for diesel and for the engine.

BoilerTimmay
You right, it's pretty much the same. I have seen several built that had the work surface, the stuff is out there, their is just a supply issue slowing things down. Things should start really moving better now though. Just hang in there and get the truck of your dreams. You will be like, Yeah, worth the wait!
I have just always preferred diesel, as I am more well versed with how they work, are maintained, and repaired. The 3.0 runs insanely smooth. And my father can rebuild any diesel with his hand behind his back, so I have my own personal expert to turn to if needed.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Doesn't look like any time soon does it. They build so few of them now.

I'm not sure I understand why you would go diesel over an Eco or PowerBoost to be honest?

You get more power with both other engines and it's not that much less MPGs (especially the PowerBoost) which is all washed out after you pay more for diesel and for the engine.

BoilerTimmay
You right, it's pretty much the same. I have seen several built that had the work surface, the stuff is out there, their is just a supply issue slowing things down. Things should start really moving better now though. Just hang in there and get the truck of your dreams. You will be like, Yeah, worth the wait!
The dealer I ordered from has the exact same truck I want, but it is just eco boost and white instead of silver. And its showing as incoming. And it is tempting me lol

Sponsored

05RubiconLJ

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'05 Rubicon LJ, '21 F-150 Platinum Powerboost
All the trucks in the Inventory Search (for me, at least) changed to Dealer Ordered today. It does look like the logjam is starting to break loose.

Ford F-150 (Dec 3) Report on 2021 F-150 Production Update and Constraints 1606929502572

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I have just always preferred diesel, as I am more well versed with how they work, are maintained, and repaired. The 3.0 runs insanely smooth. And my father can rebuild any diesel with his hand behind his back, so I have my own personal expert to turn to if needed.
I hear ya and that makes sense. (y)

Matt
Exact same thing for my dealer. I bet Ford had something to with that, after all it is their website. Some dealers probably complained because customers were getting on to them for false advertising. Lol

NoSnow
Don't forget, even with the highest priority, if they have a hold item on their order it will move to the next order.