Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
What? I’m on here frantically hitting refresh every minute looking for more insider info. The hardest part for me will be watching trucks come in that are basically what I ordered while my custom order is not rolling out until March. When I originally ordered I thought I’d be on the first to get the new truck. But I guess with a new gen change that is not the case. Had I known what I know now thanks to this forum I’d probably just bought off the lot.
Yea, it’s going to be pretty rough. My order hasn’t even been pulled yet!
Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
This from my dealer order guy just minutes ago. It is another confirmation of OKTB.

"They just started pulling retail orders for scheduling to build this week. I had three pulled today."
Both plants?

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I’m just afraid that while I wait for a max tow the hybrid will no longer be available, or my dealer won’t have allocations. Do you know how that works, Bob? If I’m priority 10, and an A plan build, but max tow isn’t available, could I get “pass up and replaced” by another hybrid order delaying my trucks for months longer?
You will have to remind my your order type. But if Ford uploads an allocation it will have to not have any holds items. The holds will have to be gone for it to be picked up. Could be a week or longer, it is dependent on the vendor meeting their supply to Ford.

Max tow is a high order item, they will get more in pronto, just hold tight and give the OKTB a chance to get the orders scheduled and your dealers sending you your info/VINs. It just started today.

If you order has not been picked up (which is all retail orders), Thursdays is when Ford usually goes through all the dealers allocations and picks up their orders. The ones that happened today were probably delayed from last week with the holiday.

If you had a stock order that had not ever got picked up, you might want to have your dealer change it to a retail order. Retails are now king but if you had a stock order and it has been picked, don't change it.

Everyone read this closely.
This info is regional, Ford may not be out of the hold items but not have enough for the entire country so they have to spread it around to all regions. One region may not get Max Tow this week while another region could. They just didn't have enough to provide to all regional orders when an item becomes shorted. Best way I know to explain it.

I wish I could get this production constraints for every region but I can't, now, if someone say in California could get their dealer to send them the same info to post here, we could all see the differences if any.

Looks like right now my dealer is the only one willing to share.

Knickell
You always crack me up! :ROFLMAO:

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
You will have to remind my your order type. But if Ford uploads an allocation it will have to not have any holds items. The holds will have to be gone for it to be picked up. Could be a week or longer, it is dependent on the vendor meeting their supply to Ford.

Max tow is a high order item, they will get more in pronto, just hold tight and give the OKTB a chance to get the orders scheduled and your dealers sending you your info/VINs. It just started today.

If you order has not been picked up (which is all retail orders), Thursdays is when Ford usually goes through all the dealers allocations and picks up their orders. The ones that happened today were probably delayed from last week with the holiday.

If you had a stock order that had not ever got picked up, you might want to have your dealer change it to a retail order. Retails are now king but if you had a stock order and it has been picked, don't change it.

Everyone read this closely.
This info is regional, Ford may not be out of the hold items but not have enough for the entire country so they have to spread it around to all regions. One region may not get Max Tow this week while another region could. They just didn't have enough to provide to all regional orders when an item becomes shorted. Best way I know to explain it.

I wish I could get this production constraints for every region but I can't, now, if someone say in California could get their dealer to send them the same info to post here, we could all see the differences if any.

Looks like right now my dealer is the only one willing to share.

Knickell
You always crack me up! :ROFLMAO:
Thanks Bob. I’m not panicking, just going to be frustrated if I keep getting passed up on allocations and this goes to June. I have a retail priority 10, and it’s A plan which I was told gets even more priority. Moved to Hybrid and it has max two and the work surface. Still need the parts for some of that. I understand they may be retooling part of the plant for max-two still and that is actually the delay. I do understand the regional nature, I’m just assuming that on average they are going to be similar, and that hard “no availability” items are likely more widespread.

Sponsored

TXAGENT

First Name
Law
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 King Ranch 5.0 FX4 Screw
Occupation
Bullshit Detector
Yes, so OKTB is active at both plants.

"2 at Dearborn, 1 at Kansas City"
Thank you sir. Once again great information. Looks like my KR will be a while with the 3.73 and tow package?

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Oh right! because max tow also comes with an upgraded parking brake which might be what they are referencing.
Good points. It could be any number of things because the Max Tow has so many components to it.

Platinum Peasant

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum 3.0 Powerstroke
Occupation
Neonatal Respiratory Therapist
Anyone know if they’ll even bother to build any powerstroke ones on lariat or platinum? Really starting to eyeball an eco boost again ?

BoilerTimmay

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 SCREW 3.5L
Oh right! because max tow also comes with an upgraded parking brake which might be what they are referencing.
Where is the reference to the different parking brake? I haven’t seen this. Just larger discs on the back from what I have read.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looking at the badass stock photo for this thread got me like Doug DeMuro hanging out the bed of the truck on his review video!

??

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
Anyone know if they’ll even bother to build any powerstroke ones on lariat or platinum? Really starting to eyeball an eco boost again ?
Doesn't look like any time soon does it. They build so few of them now.

I'm not sure I understand why you would go diesel over an Eco or PowerBoost to be honest?

You get more power with both other engines and it's not that much less MPGs (especially the PowerBoost) which is all washed out after you pay more for diesel and for the engine.

BoilerTimmay
You right, it's pretty much the same. I have seen several built that had the work surface, the stuff is out there, their is just a supply issue slowing things down. Things should start really moving better now though. Just hang in there and get the truck of your dreams. You will be like, Yeah, worth the wait!

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
Got my build date and VIN 2/01/2021. ?

originally ordered 9/30 but I did add tow mirrors on 10/30 not sure if that hurt my build date.

Edit -Retail order priority 10

Last edited:

bgrohmann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150 Lariat
Got my build date and VIN 2/01/2021. ?

originally ordered 9/30 but I did add tow mirrors on 10/30 not sure if that hurt my build date.
For the few of you who are getting your build dates of Feb 1, were these retail orders and if so what priority code? Or were these stock orders?

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
For the few of you who are getting your build dates of Feb 1, were these retail orders and if so what priority code? Or were these stock orders?
retail priority 10
Sponsored