First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR PowerBoost
Occupation
Retired
We just passed through Caliente a few days ago, traveling from Phoenix to Seattle. The entire trip was 1446.9 miles, and we averaged 19.5 MPG overall, mostly driving between 70 and 80 MPH.
Ford F-150 Powerboost hybrid - showing fuel door open error message IMG_0863
Sponsored

Zrx 1200

First Name
yosef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 superbost
Occupation
Contractor
i am trying to order the part number Mention on the top but the drawing of it not Showing that plastic post Anyone have a picture of that part with the plastic post showing Try to call Ford But they really don’t know what I’m talking about very happy that you guys are experiencing the same problem And I know it will keep on happening I really need to keep some of those posts extra inside the truck and pop them up every time they will get lost

OP
OP

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
i am trying to order the part number Mention on the top but the drawing of it not Showing that plastic post Anyone have a picture of that part with the plastic post showing Try to call Ford But they really don’t know what I’m talking about very happy that you guys are experiencing the same problem And I know it will keep on happening I really need to keep some of those posts extra inside the truck and pop them up every time they will get lost
If it's broken, I am sure you could bring your truck to your local Ford dealer and they will order the part and fix it for free.

Zrx 1200

First Name
yosef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 superbost
Occupation
Contractor
If it's broken, I am sure you could bring your truck to your local Ford dealer and they will order the part and fix it for free.
Ya the plastic post is missing but I don’t have time to take it to Ford and Waite for them to order the part if I can do it my myself will just be quicker and I am sure it will Happened again because that plastic post is not very secure In its housing

Stan

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
Attorney
Hi all,

I just picked up my Powerboost Platinum today. The fuel door is properly closed but the ajar message kept showing up on the dash. The service department was closed when I picked up. The message go away once driving, but every time I turn on the truck, the message comes back. I have no idea how the fuel door mechanism work, I only see a rubber tubing on the door and didn't see any latch. Looks like it's pneumatic. Anyone has the same issue? I saw that only the hybrid has the remote fuel door, very strange.

Sponsored

Stan

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
Attorney
Hi all,

I just picked up my Powerboost Platinum today. The fuel door is properly closed but the ajar message kept showing up on the dash. The service department was closed when I picked up. The message go away once driving, but every time I turn on the truck, the message comes back. I have no idea how the fuel door mechanism work, I only see a rubber tubing on the door and didn't see any latch. Looks like it's pneumatic. Anyone has the same issue? I saw that only the hybrid has the remote fuel door, very strange.
Laujoyjoy… I have same issue 2021 Powerboost Limited. Fuel door ajar, gotta press “ok” to lose message ,until next start. Now, Fuel door won’t open by dash button…., got to use fingernail. There’s no latch at all in the little hole opening, just a little collapsible rubber boot that goes in the hole but doesn’t connect with anything. I think it fell down in there. (because when it first happened I could see it in there it was kind of crooked. I touched it and now I don’t see it) I wonder if I could get it out myself or do I need to bring it in just for that stupid little thing?

Stan

First Name
Stanley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f-150
Occupation
Attorney
Ya the plastic post is missing but I don’t have time to take it to Ford and Waite for them to order the part if I can do it my myself will just be quicker and I am sure it will Happened again because that plastic post is not very secure In its housing
ZRX, Please let me know if you were able to do it yourself. That is exactly what I am faced with. Thank you.

OP
OP

laujoyjoy

First Name
King
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
Laujoyjoy… I have same issue 2021 Powerboost Limited. Fuel door ajar, gotta press “ok” to lose message ,until next start. Now, Fuel door won’t open by dash button…., got to use fingernail. There’s no latch at all in the little hole opening, just a little collapsible rubber boot that goes in the hole but doesn’t connect with anything. I think it fell down in there. (because when it first happened I could see it in there it was kind of crooked. I touched it and now I don’t see it) I wonder if I could get it out myself or do I need to bring it in just for that stupid little thing?
If you are able to locate the missing piece, that's no harm to try to reassemble it yourself. Otherwise, you better bring it in for service and have them order the part and install for you. I think you can keep driving the truck and clear the warning message at start up.

Zrx 1200

First Name
yosef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 superbost
Occupation
Contractor
ZRX, Please let me know if you were able to do it yourself. That is exactly what I am faced with. Thank you.
Ya you do the same will try to call them for a part number again next week May be better luck this time

Jd3020trac

First Name
ED
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F 150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
Hi all,

There is a little plastic rod about an inch long that is supposed to be in the tubing you mention. It falls out very easily, fortunately I found mine when I returned to the gas station I had just left. Therre needs to be a fix.

Sponsored

Zrx 1200

First Name
yosef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 superbost
Occupation
Contractor
Ok so just Temporary fix for all of you they don’t like to see anything on your dashboard and before your check engine light will come on and even if your check engine light came on by doing that it will go off I open the Fuel door and pushed plastic pin inside Till you hear a click press ok when you get any Message display on your dashboard that your fuel door is open And Dawn use the fuel door opening button on the cab

Zrx 1200

First Name
yosef
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 superbost
Occupation
Contractor
OK to fix fuel door ajar on a Ford F150 to 2022
If you want to do it yourself very easy $75 or take it to dealership I was just thinking that I cannot lose my truck for a few days I’ll waste my time to go to the dealership so check out this YouTube that I made
https://youtube.com/channel/UCKc_yZ055ldhFj1s2ocj_7w

Last edited:

Bo15

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch 4x4, 2010 F-150 Platinum 4x4

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
Mine did the same thing today. I drove back to the gas station where I fueled up and found a small plastic plunger that fit perfectly into the port beside the fuel fill. I had to press it in a couple times to get it to lock in place, but, when you release the fuel door the plunger shoots out across the street. Error message goes away as long as the plunger is in place. Dealership says it’s a month before they can work on my truck. Keep track of that plunger till Ford can find a real fix.

Whiskey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid, 2020 Toyota Corolla Hybrid
Occupation
Retired Miner
One more picture. I was just at the gas station, so I decided to take a picture with the pump nozzle in. It appears to me there is plenty of room between the pump handle and the locking pin on the door. I suppose you could bump it if you really tried, but it looks pretty unlikely to me.

IMG_0532.jpeg
Thanks after seeing your photos I was able to go out to the truck and re-install the plunger in the correct location. Still very nervous about this setup.
Sponsored