03/15 Build Week

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Anyone's ETA ever crept up? It's only one day so not worried for now, but I haven't seen that. My ETA jumped from 10/31 to 7/26 on Tuesday, then went to Awaiting Shipment on Wednesday. As of this morning, ETA is now 7/27, so one day later, and still Awaiting Shipment. My quoted Transit Date is 09.

I know it's typical for Ford to ship on Fridays, so we'll see what happens.
Yes. When mine first emerged from chip purgatory, it had an ETA of 7/3 - 7/9. 2 days later it changed to 7/5 - 7/11. Delivered on 7/1. Tracker still shows “awaiting shipment”.
Sponsored

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yes. When mine first emerged from chip purgatory, it had an ETA of 7/3 - 7/9. 2 days later it changed to 7/5 - 7/11. Delivered on 7/1. Tracker still shows “awaiting shipment”.
I suspect that Ford's shipment tracking is all sorts of messed up at present, especially for the purgatory group that they seem to be trying to get out the door now. That being said, my tracker has seemingly been updating correctly, current status is `In Transit` with ETA of 7/11-7/17. I don't think my ETA has shifted at any point since shipping.

claytonr

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
I suspect that Ford's shipment tracking is all sorts of messed up at present, especially for the purgatory group that they seem to be trying to get out the door now. That being said, my tracker has seemingly been updating correctly, current status is `In Transit` with ETA of 7/11-7/17. I don't think my ETA has shifted at any point since shipping.
Agreed mine has been showing 7/2 to 7/8 and found out from the dealer that it was unloaded off the railcar yesterday and is awaiting the 3 hour transport to the dealer.

RJ_986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F150
Mine has been awaiting shipment for 4 days aswell. I talked to my dealer yesterday and the detailed vehicle visibility report had not yet listed a carrier. Wish I could track and really know if its moving, however I wouldnt be suprised if it will set in a new spot for a few months. :cautious:

Mhubbardva1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 2016
My first truck was supposedly in the huge batch released 6/27 arriving by 7/7 Dealer has no indication that will happen since that is next Wednesday and he has no shipping information.. My second truck has a build date of 7/5 with a priority of 1. It just got pushed, But my dealer said in the last couple days he has received more than 30 F150's for inventory.

Ford, and I hear Bill Ford specifically is in panic mode. He does not want to lose the #1 vehicle. An all hands on deck has been sounded to get as many F150's out ASAP. Notice the delays in other models now being announced. All labor is focused on the F150. Sales were down 30% second quarter.

Maybe there is hope but I am skeptical. RAM is getting ready to take over Ford's spot for 2021. Hundreds of RAM trucks are arriving on dealer lots.

Sponsored

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
My first truck was supposedly in the huge batch released 6/27 arriving by 7/7 Dealer has no indication that will happen since that is next Wednesday and he has no shipping information.. My second truck has a build date of 7/5 with a priority of 1. It just got pushed, But my dealer said in the last couple days he has received more than 30 F150's for inventory.

Ford, and I hear Bill Ford specifically is in panic mode. He does not want to lose the #1 vehicle. An all hands on deck has been sounded to get as many F150's out ASAP. Notice the delays in other models now being announced. All labor is focused on the F150. Sales were down 30% second quarter.

Maybe there is hope but I am skeptical. RAM is getting ready to take over Ford's spot for 2021. Hundreds of RAM trucks are arriving on dealer lots.
They are my 3 finger vehicle right now, I would love to see them loose there first spot , the way they treated us customers from last year, still waiting for trucks, it bull Shit!

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Go Ram Go!
I doubt that "flooded lots" is really an issue anymore beyond further delaying the delivery of your truck.

I think even the thick headed a55holes at Ford have learned their lesson about shipping rust buckets in the age of Social Media.

All the trucks arriving at dealerships now seem to be pristine (as they should be).

...you might just have to wait a little longer while they replace all your rotten parts with new ones that THEY WON'T BE USING TO BUILD "MY" TRUCK!

(DAMN IT!) ... but it's the right thing to do.
my December 28 ordered truck, built 03/20 finally has an ETA of August 12, let’s hope it gets here

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
My truck shipped! 2 July it says. Close to 7 months of waiting but it’s starting to become a reality. I have a nice lengthy parts list for my rig that is being put on by the dealer so I’ll have to wait about a week after it gets delivered but this is finally becoming a reality and all before my elk hunt this year. I’m excited but now even more anxiously impatient ?. Hurry up and wait.

Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
My 6/20 shipped got to the rail yard on 6/23 and hasn't moved since. It is on Ramp 58 now :(

Every step of the way is delayed/behind.

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
I couldn't even post a reply in that thread I was so angry.

Can you imagine if you went into the dealership to buy a new $60-90k vehicle and the dealer said "ok, so you have 2 equally good options... you can receive the truck in 8 weeks... or you can wait 8 months and, get this, we'll throw in a brand new $100 bill."

I imagine I would either:
A. Laugh for so long that the dealer walks away to help another customer
B. Get the fuck out of there and go to a different dealership on account of something sneaky going on

I swear some intern found a stack of these in a storage closet at headquarters. It's at best a TENTH of a percent of the price of the truck. The person or people making these decisions are so tone-deaf or out of touch that we might have circled all the way through misery and fury back around to hilarity.
I find it hilarious Ford has offered $100 Amazon card.

My dealer called me regaling the $100 gift card and he even laughed and he knows that this isn't much but its something and he also told me Ford knows they have not been transparent at all regarding this mess. I applied for the $100 and still haven't received my gift card....was this all a joke!! Ford if you make an offer honor it.

In all actuality they should be saying we will give you the depreciation value of your ordered truck back or that Ford is knocking $5K - $10K off the price depending on your order date, my order date was 30 Jan 2021 and i know there are others out there with even a longer order date. By the time I get my truck the darn thing will have depreciated a year without even driving it.

There seems to be a glimmer of light at the end Ford has received a batch of semi-conductors.

Maggioa

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mazda CX 5, 2018 Hyundai
Occupation
Retired Air Force, Currently a Federal Employee
Picked up my Platinum today, couldn’t find any issues with it. Paint was perfect, axle had zero rust, interior was mint. Very happy to finally get it.
so jealous!!!! Good luck with the new truck!

bobstar

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I find it hilarious Ford has offered $100 Amazon card.

My dealer called me regaling the $100 gift card and he even laughed and he knows that this isn't much but its something and he also told me Ford knows they have not been transparent at all regarding this mess. I applied for the $100 and still haven't received my gift card....was this all a joke!! Ford if you make an offer honor it.

In all actuality they should be saying we will give you the depreciation value of your ordered truck back or that Ford is knocking $5K - $10K off the price depending on your order date, my order date was 30 Jan 2021 and i know there are others out there with even a longer order date. By the time I get my truck the darn thing will have depreciated a year without even driving it.

There seems to be a glimmer of light at the end Ford has received a batch of semi-conductors.
F N. assholes!