03/15 Build Week

rye904

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Limited
Hey guys, my vehicle was finally shipped yesterday from Dearborn. I live in Florida, does anyone have an idea what the average shipment time will be to Florida or the SE United States as a reference?
Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Lost
Hey guys, my vehicle was finally shipped yesterday from Dearborn. I live in Florida, does anyone have an idea what the average shipment time will be to Florida or the SE United States as a reference?
Best idea is to look at other vehicles shipping times from the manufacturer to your dealer. No easy answer to this and it can vary.

All - Lost my name on the tracker as well. It makes me feel hopeful seeing people whose trucks shipped out a few days before me are starting to get theirs. Please add original build date, shipped date, eta dates, and arrivial date, when you get it.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I’m so glad I’m at the point where I can find a fraction of the stuff amusing.
check tracker this morning - ETA of 7/3 -7/9
Check tracker at lunch - ETA gets pushed back to 7/5 - 7/11
Get home and have email from dealer, in short. “We at ford are very sorry for lying to you for the last 3.5 months. It appears as if we underestimated the sleuthing abilities of the online F150 community. Due to the ability of you all to sniff out our epic level of bullshit, we would like to give you $100”.

this reminds of National Lampoons, “here’s $100, get yourself something reeeeaaaal nice”

Maybe I wouldn't be so salty if they through in a subscription to the jelly of the month club.
I couldn't even post a reply in that thread I was so angry.

Can you imagine if you went into the dealership to buy a new $60-90k vehicle and the dealer said "ok, so you have 2 equally good options... you can receive the truck in 8 weeks... or you can wait 8 months and, get this, we'll throw in a brand new $100 bill."

I imagine I would either:
A. Laugh for so long that the dealer walks away to help another customer
B. Get the fuck out of there and go to a different dealership on account of something sneaky going on

I swear some intern found a stack of these in a storage closet at headquarters. It's at best a TENTH of a percent of the price of the truck. The person or people making these decisions are so tone-deaf or out of touch that we might have circled all the way through misery and fury back around to hilarity.

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Mine shipped from Dearborn and got to South Mississippi in 13 days.

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
Well I dont want to give false hope to any of the ‘customer name missing’ people - but the dealer called today. My truck that says ‘In transit’, arriving 7/20….. is ready for pickup! Going to check it out tomorrow.
Ugh - dealer calls back this morning - they mistook the truck that arrived - mine is still a week out. They did give me a full rail car printout of where it is. Truck is sitting on a train only 75 miles away… so close.

Sponsored

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Just got a call from my dealer, my 3/20 build was just delivered and my replacement order got pushed back to an 8/2 build.
What to do, what to do. 2nd build got max tow and 360 camera along with 360 assist which are nice, but I’m not sure they are necessary. I’ve pulled trailers since I was 10 bailing hay, I don’t really need the extra guidance or camera angles, but I’m assuming resale value would be slightly better.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just got a call from my dealer, my 3/20 build was just delivered and my replacement order got pushed back to an 8/2 build.
What to do, what to do. 2nd build got max tow and 360 camera along with 360 assist which are nice, but I’m not sure they are necessary. I’ve pulled trailers since I was 10 bailing hay, I don’t really need the extra guidance or camera angles, but I’m assuming resale value would be slightly better.
Congrats. Similar situation here except it takes a lot longer for trucks to get to California (shipped 6/18, ETA 7/11-717). My second order also got pushed to the 8/2 build week. First truck should be here in a week or two. So that means at least another couple months or so to wait for the second one.

I can't handle any more waiting, so I'll be taking the first truck unless there are obvious issues with it. Of course, my orders were identical in build, so less variables to consider.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Congrats. Similar situation here except it takes a lot longer for trucks to get to California (shipped 6/18, ETA 7/11-717). My second order also got pushed to the 8/2 build week. First truck should be here in a week or two. So that means at least another couple months or so to wait for the second one.

I can't handle any more waiting, so I'll be taking the first truck unless there are obvious issues with it. Of course, my my orders were identical in build, so less variables to consider.
Yes, my delivery was 3 hours from Dearborn.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Mine shipped from Dearborn and got to South Mississippi in 13 days.
Out of curiosity, do you remember (or can you still check) what your `Transit Date` value was?

Sponsored

ScottBB

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Out of curiosity, do you remember (or can you still check) what your `Transit Date` value was?
15, I think that is what you are asking. I know it went into Transit the 9th and had 15 days expected transit and an ETA of the 24th. Arrived in New Orleans on the 18th and would have been here the 19th if not for the Tropical Storm that went through that weekend. It arrived noon of the 22nd and I picked it up that afternoon.

KielerFarms

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 f-150 waiting on 2021
Occupation
Beef farmer
Got a text that my truck came in late this afternoon. Unfortunately I can't get there tomorrow and they are closed until Tuesday.

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
Any of you get your rig before your eta? I’m Not talking by a couple days, I’m talking weeks. Thanks in advance guys.

mxc27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Anyone's ETA ever crept up? It's only one day so not worried for now, but I haven't seen that. My ETA jumped from 10/31 to 7/26 on Tuesday, then went to Awaiting Shipment on Wednesday. As of this morning, ETA is now 7/27, so one day later, and still Awaiting Shipment. My quoted Transit Date is 09.

I know it's typical for Ford to ship on Fridays, so we'll see what happens.
Sponsored