03/15 Build Week

Sgtslaughter

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150 King Ranch
Can you guys share the emails please, and I will join the one email a day crew.

skingi3

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Self Employed
Couldn't take it anymore guys, found a truck almost identical to the one I ordered on 1/21 about 5hrs away. Called the dealer and struck a deal over phone/texts. Unfortunately they wouldn't honor xplan pricing but I did receive a $1,500 rebate AND they gave me $8,000 more for my silverado I was trading in with my local dealer I placed my order through. So it all equaled out. The more I thought about it the more I didn't like the fact that no one could tell me when my truck would be here or what kind of shape it would be in. The one I bought 5 hrs away had a 5/20 build week. I urge you guys to look elsewhere if you have the time/patience. You will eventually find one like it did!

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
Couldn't take it anymore guys, found a truck almost identical to the one I ordered on 1/21 about 5hrs away. Called the dealer and struck a deal over phone/texts. Unfortunately they wouldn't honor xplan pricing but I did receive a $1,500 rebate AND they gave me $8,000 more for my silverado I was trading in with my local dealer I placed my order through. So it all equaled out. The more I thought about it the more I didn't like the fact that no one could tell me when my truck would be here or what kind of shape it would be in. The one I bought 5 hrs away had a 5/20 build week. I urge you guys to look elsewhere if you have the time/patience. You will eventually find one like it did!
For those of us that ordered custom with specific options. It’s not realistic for us sadly.

Sponsored

skingi3

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Self Employed
For those of us that ordered custom with specific options. It’s not realistic for us sadly.
My original order was the following...

3.5EB
Supercrew
157"
502A
Max Tow
Interior Work Surface
2KW ProPower
Sport Appearance package

The truck I bought had everything I ordered except the work surface, but it came with the moonroof option and 360 camera package. I literally spent a solid month on cargurus everynight looking for trucks, it took awhile.

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Congratulations! Good to see things equalled out financially.

I agree with @KiloWhiskey , I have been keeping my eye open for 6 months and have made several calls to various dealers to have them look through the order books while I wait for mine to move off ramp59. Although I would say we are very limited as far as customization goes, seems there are certain configurations that are very unique. I have had my mind set on these option since January and its hard to pick one let alone two options I'd be willing to give up to get into a truck tomorrow.

Maybe give up B&O and go custom after delivery?

XLT, 3.5 eco, Supercrew, 4x4, 5 1/2 box, Agate Black, 302a, XTR (chrome pkg), 360 camera, max trailer tow, tow mirrors, tailgate step, power adjustable pedals, B&O sound, Co-pilot assist 2.0, 2kw pro power.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Congratulations! Good to see things equalled out financially.

I agree with @KiloWhiskey , I have been keeping my eye open for 6 months and have made several calls to various dealers to have them look through the order books while I wait for mine to move off ramp59. Although I would say we are very limited as far as customization goes, seems there are certain configurations that are very unique. I have had my mind set on these option since January and its hard to pick one let alone two options I'd be willing to give up to get into a truck tomorrow.

Maybe give up B&O and go custom after delivery?

XLT, 3.5 eco, Supercrew, 4x4, 5 1/2 box, Agate Black, 302a, XTR (chrome pkg), 360 camera, max trailer tow, tow mirrors, tailgate step, power adjustable pedals, B&O sound, Co-pilot assist 2.0, 2kw pro power.
I've stopped looking for replacements at this point, but I had the same issue trying to find my build on dealership lots. And I thought my build was pretty standard, at least compared to some of the more unique builds I've seen on this forum. Probably doesn't help that there are a few features that I specifically don't want on my otherwise loaded Lariat, like the Moonroof. Power Running Boards, and B&O Unleashed.

In other news, the regional Ford rep and the dealership GM that I've been talking to finally agreed on Friday that it's probably best to order another truck just in case my first truck stays stuck. So, I will soon have two orders to impatiently track. I'm just kicking myself for not putting in the order with another dealership as soon as I saw my truck was stuck in production. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

I urge everyone to bother their dealerships until they put you in touch with the regional Ford rep for your area. I also emailed all the executives, reached out to the executive office, went through several customer care cases... none of that went anywhere for me, though I'm glad it worked out for some.

Sfortener

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 escape 1999 f250 2021 f150
Like @OCDoug I too was able to get ahold of a couple regional reps. Needless to say, Ford is NOT an outward facing company. When reps get contacted by customers, it takes some of them by surprise (at least that was my experience). They pretty much instructed my dealership to place a 2nd order for me because they assume it will get completed before my ostracized purgatory truck.

A couple other threads were on here discussing the fact that their dealers had contacted them for drivers license pictures. I was also asked for this on my 2nd order (but wasn’t on my first). My dealer said they were told it is Fords way of ensuring the dealers aren’t trying to place retail orders to boost their stock. These verified trucks are supposed to be pulled in front of other orders since they are replacing “zombie trucks”. Hopefully that is all true and not just a bunch of BS again. On a good note, it allowed me to add a few other features, although the payload scales, which were available to select online were not available to add to the new build since it was before 7/6

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Like @OCDoug I too was able to get ahold of a couple regional reps. Needless to say, Ford is NOT an outward facing company. When reps get contacted by customers, it takes some of them by surprise (at least that was my experience). They pretty much instructed my dealership to place a 2nd order for me because they assume it will get completed before my ostracized purgatory truck.

A couple other threads were on here discussing the fact that their dealers had contacted them for drivers license pictures. I was also asked for this on my 2nd order (but wasn’t on my first). My dealer said they were told it is Fords way of ensuring the dealers aren’t trying to place retail orders to boost their stock. These verified trucks are supposed to be pulled in front of other orders since they are replacing “zombie trucks”. Hopefully that is all true and not just a bunch of BS again. On a good note, it allowed me to add a few other features, although the payload scales, which were available to select online were not available to add to the new build since it was before 7/6
I was also asked for my driver's license on this order and had a similar experience. The regional manager reached out to the dealership GM directly and said something along the lines of "make sure this order is in COVP by tomorrow." Even though he wasn't able to jostle my purgatory truck loose, I have nothing but good things to say about the regional manager. He's the only person that I've talked to at Ford that actually seemed to care about the customer and fixing this situation. He also took a bunch of the data I collected and has been sending it to his contacts at HQ.

I didn't explicitly hear anything about putting our orders ahead of other orders because of our "zombie trucks," but the regional manager did say that he would adjust my new order to best priority code (2 I think) and stay on top of it. So fingers crossed I guess.

Sponsored

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
I'm not sure this means anything but my window sticker is back, it has today's date at the very bottom. I started to get excited but realized it's just Ford's way of kicking me in the nuts again!

DaHealey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
I didn’t realize just how bad Ford’s customer service was. They really just hope the dealers ‘deal’ with customers and provide a shield for them.

If anybody know the number for Washington states region manager I’d love to get it. Please PM me. Even the one from Oregon might be helpful (though they look like different regions).

Unfortunately, there does seem to be corroborating stories now that trucks build in the 3/15 week are basically Ford’s lowest priority to fix. Between stories about Ford having the capacity to only rebuild 700 trucks/week vs 10,000+ on the line and regional managers suggesting to just re-order, I do think overall it’s best to just abandon hope for these orders and make other plans.

KiloWhiskey

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 PB XLT(Ordered 1/21/2021[still waiting])
Occupation
Military (Ret)
I’ve been wanting an F150 since 2013, but life and circumstances didn’t allow it. Fast forward to now and obviously I can get one and I wanted VERY specific things that I won’t settle on (this is my dream truck). So sadly, what I ordered, there are no other trucks (I’ve looked) that match up with mine, so I’m stuck and simply hurrying up to wait. I’m looking at it as a test of my patience (although my 2 year old tests it on the daily ?) so I’m not as angry about it anymore. Also, the longer I wait the bigger discount I get from my rig. I’ve owned a GM truck and got rid of it after a year and I refuse to own a fiat (dodge). If the cyber truck was coming out soon I’d get one of those but the tri motor one isn’t set to be released until 2023 ?.

dgrizz

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 escape, 2018 f150 king ranch, 2021 f150 king
Occupation
Retired
I think I know why the window sticker is back, they added two items.
10 Pounds pigeon shit and 1 rodent shredded wiring harness, but on the bright side - no charge!

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Don't know if I will reorder as it will take to long. My AC went out last weekend and it is summer. If it gets delivered after summer heat and close to 2022, I won't take delivery. Might just get a 2022 Lightning in that case.
Sponsored