Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I still want Michelin's

https://fordauthority.com/2020/11/n...-designed-especially-for-the-2021-ford-f-150/

New Pirelli Scorpion ATR Tire Was Designed Especially For The 2021 Ford F-150

The 2021 Ford F-150 is an all-new pickup with new body panels, a fancy new technology-laden interior, and a host of innovative technology features. So it would only make sense that the newest Ford F-150 would also be wearing a brand new set of tires. And that is also the case, because the Pirelli Scorpion ATR rubber present on the 2021 F-150 was tailor-made especially for the pickup.

Ford and Pirelli have been working together for over 20 years now, joining forces to fit over 15 Blue Oval models with specially-designed tires. The new Pirelli Scorpion ATR is the culmination of those efforts and has been designed using a number of innovations that help optimize the F-150’s performance. The ATR will also serve as the base design for a new range of Scorpion tires to come.

Pirelli and Ford have worked on the new Scorpion ATR for the last two and a half years through a rigorous homologation process, which involved co-design, prototyping, industrialization phases, severe indoor testing, as well as hundreds of hours of simulation and modeling. Pirelli’s engineers designed mold profiles specifically for the new F-150 in order to offer a maximum level of grip with improved rolling resistance.

The ATR’s dedicated tread design reduces tire noise by up to three decibels and features a new generation of tread compound to provide secure wet handling and snow performance.

To achieve these goals, Pirelli deployed its most advanced simulation and engineering tools to meet Ford’s demanding tire specification targets at every iteration of development. This digital and collaborative design approach significantly increased development speed and optimized tire performance, along with a reduction in the number of physical tires tested.

The Pirelli Scorpion ATR tires designed for the 2021 Ford F-150 are available in two sizes: 275/60R20 and 265/70R17.
Sponsored

Henryrlee

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021F-150 platinum ordered 2004 F350 2021 plt exp
Occupation
Us army retired
I hope they have improved them. The pirellis before were worthless in snow

TheWraith

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ford F-150, 2020 Chevy Corvette, 2016 Ford Focus
Occupation
Assembler
And yet I seen so many Hankooks and all trims and builds lately....

OP
OP
currybob

currybob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021KRF150 PB; 2023 LexusRX350Hy; 2023 Mini Cooper
Occupation
Retired Physicist from federal government; Army Veteran
I hope they have improved them. The pirellis before were worthless in snow
Well, they suppose to be a new design and what not but I've had too good of experience with my Michelin's, so I'm going to stick my Defenders. I do a tire swap at my tire store when the truck arrives, he gives me wholesale credit on the tires towards wholesale price on the Michelin's. I pay the difference.

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
Well, they suppose to be a new design and what not but I've had too good of experience with my Michelin's, so I'm going to stick my Defenders. I do a tire swap at my tire store when the truck arrives, he gives me wholesale credit on the tires towards wholesale price on the Michelin's. I pay the difference.
I plan to do the same thing the day I take delivery of my new truck. except I'll be swapping for Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires because I do a fair amount of off-roading, and winters in North Dakota are brutal.

Sponsored

rd50078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited & 2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired Corporate Sales Manager, part-time farmer, rancher & golfer.
I plan to do the same thing the day I take delivery of my new truck. except I'll be swapping for Nitto Ridge Grappler Tires because I do a fair amount of off-roading, and winters in North Dakota are brutal.
What about 22" tires for the Limited model?

Kefoster2

First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Retired
Bob, I am going to do that as well. I dislike the Hankooks on my truck now. Especially after seeing they use only two tire sizes which aren't what I ordered.

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
And yet I seen so many Hankooks and all trims and builds lately....
Yep i've read several places about Hankook tires on the 2021, plus its what all the pre-production units had. I think i'd be happier with Pirelli though, the Hankook OEMs on my Explorer were garbage.

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I have a preference for Michelin tires.

Sponsored

bosro

First Name
rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150
There arent too many factory tires that are any good for what I need.
Duratrac on Ram Rebel or Chevy is my 1st choice,Falken All terrain on Ram off road package arent bad i guess

Pipe

First Name
Jj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Explorer
The 20" on Lariat definitely appear to be Hankook Dynapro.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
All shipping tires. First thing I do is swap em out.
I’m indifferent about the Goodyear Wranglers that will likely be shipping on my build, but I’ll keep them until they wear out. I really want that OWL look!
Sponsored