TXENG89

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think the supply chains are beginning to loosen up. Albeit intermittently.
I think Ford may have learned their lesson on cranking out thousands of unfinished vehicles and parking them.

It was clearly a huge, costly mistake.

Doing that now & then, here & there isn't a problem. Doing it en masse has been a disaster.
Honestly, the main problem is Ford thought they could turn their suppliers off and on like a light switch.

As for building unfinished trucks, in my opinion that was their best option for turning out as many trucks as they can this year. If they had idled all of the plants while they waited for chips, then they would be further behind and more of their workers are left unpaid.
Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I have a 6/21 blend date. If that were to get bumped would it be reflected on the sticker or would the dealer only be the one to know about the change?

DeliveryJay

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 f150
Occupation
Driver
Just got my window sticker and it has a blend date of 06/15! Hopefully, the plant stays open for that week. However, I guess I have to worry about being stuck on the ramp for an eternity. lol
Seems may and june builds will ship immediatly.

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
I think the supply chains are beginning to loosen up. Albeit intermittently.
I think Ford may have learned their lesson on cranking out thousands of unfinished vehicles and parking them.

It was clearly a huge, costly mistake.

Doing that now & then, here & there isn't a problem. Doing it en masse has been a disaster.
Completely agree with the statement that it was “a huge, costly mistake.” I believe future business education will cite this event as what not to do in cases of supply chain management.

The simple problem is that FoMoCo can build vehicles faster than the the strained supply chain’s capacity. I’m reminded of the classic ‘I love Lucy’ bit where she is working on the chocolate production line… others of “my generation” should smile at this reference!

F150fan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
What I have read is Dearborn will run 1 shift. Seeing as they send a truck out the door every 53 seconds that is approximately 3800 trucks a week for one shift. 7 daysX 8 hrs.X 60 minutes X60 seconds = 201,600 seconds per one weeks shift, Divided by 53 seconds = 3803 trucks. Double that if KC does the same. The number of trucks listed in this and other forums to be built 6/14 doesn't even put a dent in the numbers they can produce. I was given this as a build week on 5/11 by the dealer and the window sticker posted 5/21 with the blend date of 6/18. From what I'm seeing posted of the trucks built in May shipping a couple days after the build dates I'm pretty confident we will all see our trucks early to mid July.
This was exactly the math I was looking to see! My truck blend sequence number to the right of my blend date is 2088 (but I’ve read that those numbers are like a 4-digit odometer that rolls over so who knows).

what’s everyone else’s number next to their blend date?

Last edited:

Sponsored

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Mine 3690 but as you said everything I see is that number runs 0001 to 9999, then just turns over, looks like you are about 1600 trucks ahead of me. What is your blend date? Mine is 6/18.

OP
OP
TXENG89

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Oh I fully understand "why" they did it and completely agree with your assessment.

I just don't think that they ever expected those trucks to have to sit so long and by the time they realized what was happening to them it was too late.

I've had a bad habit over the years of buying more cars than I could drive and maintain at once, getting emotionally attached to them and not selling them when I should have.

I know what happens to cars when you let them sit. And it happens before you know it. But those were "used" cars so it really wasn't a big deal.

As far as I'm concerned, these trucks that have been sitting are now "used" but they're going to ship & sell them as "new".
I'm curious to know how old the oldest truck is parked out there, and when was the last time it ran. I'm willing to bet that we will hear about a lot of issues from those trucks.

ColoradoHunter

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I'm curious to know how old the oldest truck is parked out there, and when was the last time it ran. I'm willing to bet that we will hear about a lot of issues from those trucks.
Everybody seems to be worried about surface rust on the rear end, I'd be more worried about dry rotted seals after sitting that long and not running or moving.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TXENG89

TXENG89

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Everybody seems to be worried about surface rust on the rear end, I'd be more worried about dry rotted seals after sitting that long and not running or moving.
The surface rust shouldn't be there, on delivery, for how much we are paying, but it doesn't worry me. However, I have seen pictures of rust on frames, and the exhaust systems. Some of the exhausts showing pretty good amounts of pitting.

My main concern, if mine was parked out their for months, would be how they are performing the initial start up. Also, if they are checking on the quality of the lubricants.

Seavee33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'13 F-150, Ordered 2021 Lariat
Occupation
Electrician/ Project Manager
Any KC builds out there with new blend dates or window stickers?

Solei028

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
This was exactly the math I was looking to see! My truck blend sequence number to the right of my blend date is 2088 (but I’ve read that those numbers are like a 4-digit odometer that rolls over so who knows).

what’s everyone else’s number next to their blend date?
2111 with a blend date of 6/16

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
From all the reading I've done, it seems most who are stuck have been from a roughly 5-6 week production span of mid to late march to the end of April. So that would mean most have only been there at worst for about 2 months as of the end of this week, and on the shorter end about one month. I don't see them letting these sit for anywhere past the second week of July, I know the 10/31 dates have been popping up, but we've already seen trucks with those dates ship, so I think that has very little bearing on your actual ETA. If they're able to get them all out in that timeframe (And I know it's a big if), it'll be an average of about 3 months probably. Obviously a while, but not the ~6 months I've seen some people quoting.

I could be wrong and there definitely could be some from earlier than that, but the vast majority of what I'm seeing people complain about is that roughly 5-6 week span where stuff was produced that sat, and they do seem to be starting to go through them. I know many ordered in November-February, but I think their actual blend/production dates were in that March-April timeframe. I'm guessing most of January and February was still heavily weighted to stock orders to get stuff out on the lots.

Now what we need is one of those live web cams showing the holding lots for these so we can see when people are going out there to work on them and watch how many/how often trucks are getting taken out. We could quickly get an average of how many trucks ship per day and get a rough idea of how long it'll take them to churn through them. And it would just be fun to watch...
Sponsored

Last edited: