First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
This whole thing is a PR stunt and a joke. I imagine it's just Ford trying to get ahead of any bad press they might get if any news outlet decides to dig into how long the purgatory trucks are taking.

It's at least being reported that the stated purpose of the incentive is to make up for the longer than normal wait times... but they're not offering it to anyone with a longer than normal wait time. So, extra congratulations to people who got their truck in 8-12 weeks..? I've been waiting 6 months and I still don't know when they will complete my truck. Fuck me, right?

Regarding incentives... I'm reasonably sure that there were no incentives for 2021s when I ordered 12/10/2020. But it wouldn't have mattered anyway since my dealer was adamant that the only incentives that would apply would be the incentives that were available at delivery.
I agree whole heartedly with how you feel....but this statement... But it wouldn't have mattered anyway since my dealer was adamant that the only incentives that would apply would be the incentives that were available at delivery can be proven wrong to your dealer by showing him where Ford states that YOU can choose which incentives you get...whether it be when you ordered or when you take possession...which ever is better. That is YOUR choice, not his. And Ford states that. I'm not sure how you could go about looking back and seeing if there were any incentives when you ordered...but it would be worth a shot. You might contact Ford customer service and tell them what your dealer told you...and they might be able to find out if there were any incentives when ordered.

Show this to your dealer....
https://www.ford.com/custom-order/#5
Sponsored

Last edited:

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
I agree whole heartedly with how you feel....but this statement... But it wouldn't have mattered anyway since my dealer was adamant that the only incentives that would apply would be the incentives that were available at delivery can be proven wrong to your dealer by showing him where Ford states that YOU can choose which incentives you get...whether it be when you ordered or when you take possession...which ever is better. That is YOUR choice, not his. And Ford states that. I'm not sure how you could go about looking back and seeing if there were any incentives when you ordered...but it would be worth a shot. You might contact Ford customer service and tell them what your dealer told you...and they might be able to find out if there were any incentives when ordered.

Show this to your dealer....
https://www.ford.com/custom-order/#5
I agree that it can be proven wrong, and it will be something to investigate if/when my truck ever starts moving again. I actually have that link copied from another thread on the subject. At the time, I was much less knowledgeable about the ordering process and the rules around incentives. By now, I'm very familiar with proving my dealer wrong.

That being said, I've read many posts around the forums that claim dealers must lock the incentives at the time of the order in order to have the option to use them at the time of delivery (instead of incentives at the time of delivery). I'm still not sure if this is true or not. And again, there were no significant incentives then anyway... from some light googling, there might have been a $500 at the time I submitted my order.

The main point is that any incentive for longer than normal waits should go to people with longer than normal waits, no matter when their order was submitted. It should be based entirely on the amount of time your truck sits incomplete on a lot. In my case, I'm getting very close to 3 months from my production date. Longer than most people who ordered in April have waited/will wait total from order to delivery.

Disclaimer: I feel the need to repeat that I'm happy for everyone who gets their truck and incentives on their truck. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at Ford.

molf21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost Hybrid
Occupation
Electrical and Instrumentation Technician
I don't know what you are talking about. I ordered Jan. 29 and got a measly $500 incentive. They didn't have any $3000 incentives on 21's just 20's. I think it is a crock that I'm am not included in this.
Same boat as the rest with a date moved from may to 10/31!!

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
I agree that it can be proven wrong, and it will be something to investigate if/when my truck ever starts moving again. I actually have that link copied from another thread on the subject. At the time, I was much less knowledgeable about the ordering process and the rules around incentives. By now, I'm very familiar with proving my dealer wrong.

That being said, I've read many posts around the forums that claim dealers must lock the incentives at the time of the order in order to have the option to use them at the time of delivery (instead of incentives at the time of delivery). I'm still not sure if this is true or not. And again, there were no significant incentives then anyway... from some light googling, there might have been a $500 at the time I submitted my order.

The main point is that any incentive for longer than normal waits should go to people with longer than normal waits, no matter when their order was submitted. It should be based entirely on the amount of time your truck sits incomplete on a lot. In my case, I'm getting very close to 3 months from my production date. Longer than most people who ordered in April have waited/will wait total from order to delivery.

Disclaimer: I feel the need to repeat that I'm happy for everyone who gets their truck and incentives on their truck. I'm not mad at you. I'm mad at Ford.
I could be wrong, but I don't believe there's anything that needs to be "locked in" so to speak as far as incentives go. The only thing like that I've heard of is if you have a PCO, and they "lock that in" in some fashion when you order in case it's going to expire before your truck arrives, and I think if you do that, you're either stuck with your PCO + incentives at the time of order or just switching to whatever incentives are available when the truck comes, but you can't take your (expired) PCO over to the new incentives available at time of delivery.

Sponsored

EF150man

First Name
Coop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Space White, 2.7l, moonroof, 20"wheels
Occupation
Retired
Yup just saw this! The dealers will most likely deny there is such a thing and will probably say you cant use it with other incentives :rolleyes:
You took the thought right out of my head

TheGoodLife

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None yet
Ordered Sept 2020, entered production in Feb 2021 here. Still no truck, though it finally shipped and should be available this week. This whole thing is ridiculous and upsetting. I’m so disappointed and disgusted with Ford and how they’ve handled this. By the time I finally gave up on them (I kept thinking, “It has been so long, it HAS to come in next week!”), I’d waited too long and I couldn’t find a comparable truck from a different company. Now it is either give Ford my money and have a truck, or tell them tho kick rocks and then I’m stuck without a truck and no way to tow this summer.

I absolutely feel there should be some additional compensation for those of us waiting this long! This current program is total BS.

In the time since I ordered, the price of the max tow package increased $1000. Apparently, the price I pay is determined by what the price is at delivery, not at the time of my order. I had to cancel a family winter trip due to lack of the truck. My “new” truck was partially built an abandoned a lot for five months. Not really new truck anymore. The $500 medical responder benefit has expired.

I definitely think the current incentive program is ridiculous and there should be some additional compensation to those of us who have truly been screwed over by Ford and how they have handled this scenario.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Ordered Sept 2020, entered production in Feb 2021 here. Still no truck, though it finally shipped and should be available this week. This whole thing is ridiculous and upsetting. I’m so disappointed and disgusted with Ford and how they’ve handled this. By the time I finally gave up on them (I kept thinking, “It has been so long, it HAS to come in next week!”), I’d waited too long and I couldn’t find a comparable truck from a different company. Now it is either give Ford my money and have a truck, or tell them tho kick rocks and then I’m stuck without a truck and no way to tow this summer.

I absolutely feel there should be some additional compensation for those of us waiting this long! This current program is total BS.

In the time since I ordered, the price of the max tow package increased $1000. Apparently, the price I pay is determined by what the price is at delivery, not at the time of my order. I had to cancel a family winter trip due to lack of the truck. My “new” truck was partially built an abandoned a lot for five months. Not really new truck anymore. The $500 medical responder benefit has expired.

I definitely think the current incentive program is ridiculous and there should be some additional compensation to those of us who have truly been screwed over by Ford and how they have handled this scenario.
I was a bit pissed off when they discontinued the Medical Responder incentive. My wife has/had Covid-19 patients. They should have extended it for another quarter or two. Up till vaccines were provided, they were the front lines for humanity.

Redskins5

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
Occupation
Government
I was a bit pissed off when they discontinued the Medical Responder incentive. My wife has/had Covid-19 patients. They should have extended it for another quarter or two. Up till vaccines were provided, they were the front lines for humanity.
The dealer should give you the option to take the incentives at time of ordering or at time of delivery, Mine did and there is something out on Ford's website about it. However you also have to take the rest of the deal based on the same rules, Ie what you get for a trade-in if you have one, etc.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
I think it’s still running, looks like its merged with the military discount, don’t know if it was always that way:

https://www.fordsalutesthosewhoserve.com/Home/Login

Sponsored

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I think it’s still running, looks like its merged with the military discount, don’t know if it was always that way:

https://www.fordsalutesthosewhoserve.com/Home/Login
She isn't a first responder i.e. fire fighter, EMT, etc. She is a Medical Social Worker, who works in a dialysis center. Her dialysis center was the quarantine location for the region. So she was interacting with covid-19 patients a few feet away from them, when this was cancelled and prior to her getting the vaccine.

solarity

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
The dealer should give you the option to take the incentives at time of ordering or at time of delivery, Mine did and there is something out on Ford's website about it. However you also have to take the rest of the deal based on the same rules, Ie what you get for a trade-in if you have one, etc.
It expired, before I was able to put in an order. :(

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Just finalizing the paperwork for my purchase. My dealer just automatically gave me two versions of the incentives sheet both listing the incentive programs and dollar amount - one for the month of order and one for the month of vehicle receipt. I don't think they did anything special to "lock in" incentives for the order month. I went with the June incentives because even though they are a bit lower ($100 plus this new $1000 one), there is a 1.9% Ford Credit offer now that wasn't available a couple months ago, and you can't combine incentive and credit offers from different months.

Looks like the program number for this is #38150?

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
She isn't a first responder i.e. fire fighter, EMT, etc. She is a Medical Social Worker, who works in a dialysis center. Her dialysis center was the quarantine location for the region. So she was interacting with covid-19 patients a few feet away from them, when this was cancelled and prior to her getting the vaccine.
Ah, didn’t realize they even had a program like that.

Another worth looking into is the college credit one. I take classes at the local college keeping up with ongoing education requirements for my job and it apparently was enough to qualify me for that incentive ($1,000).

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Just finalizing the paperwork for my purchase. My dealer just automatically gave me two versions of the incentives sheet both listing the incentive programs and dollar amount - one for the month of order and one for the month of vehicle receipt. I don't think they did anything special to "lock in" incentives for the order month. I went with the June incentives because even though they are a bit lower ($100 plus this new $1000 one), there is a 1.9% Ford Credit offer now that wasn't available a couple months ago, and you can't combine incentive and credit offers from different months.

Looks like the program number for this is #38150?
I think that program number sounds familiar. I went with the April incentives plus this one (Because it’s retroactive to then so it still qualifies) and just financed through my credit union, they had 1.49% for 65 months which was great.
Sponsored