Sponsored

cghall77

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
You're guaranteed at least what was available when you ordered, Ie if there was a $1000 rebate + $1500 early buy + some other $1000 for an XLT you'd get that $3500 "locked in" so to speak, but if there were even better incentives when you take delivery, say they added up to $4000, you could elect those instead.

What you can't do is try and mix and match or combine them, Ie add up something new that just came out in June with all the rebates from March or April when you ordered.

However, as I'm typing this I think I may have somewhat answered my own question, or at least made an argument for why it should be valid. It just came out in June but is saying it applies to orders from April to July, so if that's the case maybe I can use it after all. This is going to screw with things tomorrow because I already have my check for the loan from the bank, they'd have to somehow refund me the money or something if they'll agree to use it.
I was just check to see what offers were available on the ?? site, $1000 cash incentive and much lower interest rates, 2% lower than was being offered back in March. Now 1.49%. I know it's usually a trade off, lower interest means higher msrp.
Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
My understanding is that the discounts that are on your order and you signed for a valid when you pickup the truck. I got a total of $10,380 off msrp. $4000 manufacturers rebate, $1000 early f150 purchase from manufacturer and the remainder from the dealer. If I showed up on delivery day with an increase of $10k to my purchase price, I would just walk. Salesman said the deal is the deal. But of there are better manufacturer incentives when we pickup, then they would be offered to us.
I believe we are covered by more comprehensive consumer protection laws here in Canada, particularly in Ontario through OMVIC. Plus it’s unclear if this $1000 rebate is even being offered to Ford Canada customers...

oh I see you’ve answered one of my questions?

ColemanFord

First Name
Curt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F-150 Lariat
Occupation
Purchasing Manager
thats not true on warranty. I ordered 1/26 and picked up 5/25. My extended warranty goes to 5/25/2027
Is what you purchased a Ford ESP? I don’t believe you can buy an extended warranty. Technically they are Extended Service Plans, which start the day you drive it off the lot and actually overlap the manufactures warranty. Of course the Ford warranty will be used first and foremost until time or mileage is met. Then the ESP will kick in. Good comment about this. I will check with my dealer tomorrow and update when I get a chance.

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
FYI, I took delivery of my truck today and printed out this new rebate to show to the dealer. The sales manager said it looked fine and will be submitting it (Along with my Farm Bureau certificate) to Ford for payment and he said I should just get a check in the mail in about a month for the $1000. I was happy with that, makes my total rebates $3500 then once the $500 Farm Bureau and this new $1k offer come in after the fact.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
FYI, I took delivery of my truck today and printed out this new rebate to show to the dealer. The sales manager said it looked fine and will be submitting it (Along with my Farm Bureau certificate) to Ford for payment and he said I should just get a check in the mail in about a month for the $1000. I was happy with that, makes my total rebates $3500 then once the $500 Farm Bureau and this new $1k offer come in after the fact.
Had you ordered within the specified period? I’m wondering if those who ordered earlier would slip in if picking up their truck by the promotion end date.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Had you ordered within the specified period? I’m wondering if those who ordered earlier would slip in if picking up their truck by the promotion end date.
Yes, I ordered on 4/13

Rafi M

First Name
Raphael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Leadfoot f150 crew cab 4x4 3.5EB
No one knows yet if it can be applied to trucks bought off the lot? I ordered a truck in December and got tired of waiting so I found one I liked 2 states away, i made the trip and bought it on April 5.
Do I even have a chance of getting it retroactively, and if so do I contact the dealer I bought it from or is there someone at ford I can contact to find out.

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician
Ford F-150 Ford is giving $1,000 incentive for F-150 purchases between April 1st -  July 6 1000 rebate.JPG

This is off the Ford website. Don't know if you can zoom in on it or not...but states something about placing a new retail order. But it wouldn't hurt to try to get someone at Ford to make it good for your purchase.

Sponsored

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
This whole thing is a PR stunt and a joke. I imagine it's just Ford trying to get ahead of any bad press they might get if any news outlet decides to dig into how long the purgatory trucks are taking.

It's at least being reported that the stated purpose of the incentive is to make up for the longer than normal wait times... but they're not offering it to anyone with a longer than normal wait time. So, extra congratulations to people who got their truck in 8-12 weeks..? I've been waiting 6 months and I still don't know when they will complete my truck. Fuck me, right?

Regarding incentives... I'm reasonably sure that there were no incentives for 2021s when I ordered 12/10/2020. But it wouldn't have mattered anyway since my dealer was adamant that the only incentives that would apply would be the incentives that were available at delivery.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
Truly mean it when I say congratulations to everyone that's gotten their April ordered truck & get a discount on top for...... waiting.?
But this is complete BULL? for those who ordered in the months before and are still waiting.... I'm not even talking about my truck which has only been sitting somewhere now for a month and a week....,
There are literally people with 2020 orders and January, February and March orders that are somehow patiently still waiting for their trucks. What they need to be doing is offering a significant and substantial discount based on your wait time.... $1000 PER month in addition to this for those ordered before April

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
No one knows yet if it can be applied to trucks bought off the lot? I ordered a truck in December and got tired of waiting so I found one I liked 2 states away, i made the trip and bought it on April 5.
Do I even have a chance of getting it retroactively, and if so do I contact the dealer I bought it from or is there someone at ford I can contact to find out.
I'm almost positive it won't, it says meant for retail orders.

I believe the whole spirit of this incentive isn't so much a way to apologize for orders taking longer than usual, but more a general apology for even having to order in the first place, Ie them trying to say "Sorry we didn't have any trucks on lots and you had to wait on a custom order, here's an extra rebate for even bothering to order and not going and buying a GM/Chevy/Toyota instead".

The way everything has been worded and the timeline of when they're doing it for makes sense to support that sentiment anyway. It lines up with when dealer stock really disappeared and they probably figured the majority of people who ordered 4/1 or later were the type that would normally expect to just get something off the lot. The majority of the custom order crowd are probably most often then early adopters trying to get a new truck right away within the first few months they're available.

Having said all that, I still think they need to offer some considerable concession to those waiting in excess of 4 months, and fully expect something is on the way/in the works. Something more on the lines of $2k+ if a rebate, or a free top level ESP good for 5yrs/100k to all orders who waited that long and actually stuck with it. Something like that. They can't seriously just do absolutely nothing for loyal customers waiting so long. It would be ugly PR and just too detrimental to the brand loyalty they've relied on for so long.

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB, 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Retired
My truck was built first few days of April and now stored, so I am upset also. BUT, there is a lot of misinformation being posted here and there (I must grudgingly admit) is 2 sides to this story. If this had happened during the Obama years, Ford would probably have had to take bankruptcy. I don't know how many vehicles of all kinds Ford is storing, but they arent having a very good revenue stream right now. If they have 20,000 vehicles stored at an average cost to Ford of $30,000 apiece, that would be $600 million dollars of paid expenses and about $800 million lost income. Though we haven't paid for those trucks, Ford has paid labor and materials to build them. Not many businesses can stay open with that kind of business model.

I'm not sure they are taking care of their customers the way they should right now, but they are probably pretty focused on keeping Ford afloat as WELL as trying to keep customers happy.

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
How about $1000 for every month past "Released-Waiting for Shipping day"
Sponsored