• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford F-150 Lightning realistic delivery dates

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mustang Mach E, 2016 Leaf, 2003 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
retired oceanographer
Disagree, there are already a few dozen/hundred out running around. If they miss opening the order board on schedule this fall then the red flags go up.
Ford kept the Mustang Mach E deliveries close to on schedule even with COVID-19. In November 2019 they promised deliveries starting late 2020. They delivered 4 into customer hands in December 2020, lots more in January 2021, and started deliveries in earnest in February 2021. Much of the software for the Lightning has been tested in or is derived from the Mach E.

Farley keeps talking about deliveries Spring 2022. I'll bet most of us who reserved fast and order fast will have ours in Summer 2022.
Sponsored

Silenze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They don't have the battery production to build all the pre-orders. That is why they said they are limiting first year production.

Horse-E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E RWD
I do have to wonder though, why the reservation deposit was lowered to $100 for this go around. Methinks that with all the component shortages and uncertainty, this might make it easier for reservation holders to stay on even if delays arise (as they did for the Mach E).

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I do have to wonder though, why the reservation deposit was lowered to $100 for this go around. Methinks that with all the component shortages and uncertainty, this might make it easier for reservation holders to stay on even if delays arise (as they did for the Mach E).
It’s also for marketing I’m sure. The lower the price, the more pre orders you have, the more you can tout it in ads and shareholder meetings. Plus every reservation they have is a possible sale taken from rivals. I know a lot will still shop around and bounce if they feel the need, but I bet a fair number will just await their spot in line.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I think that with the $100 deposit, there's going to be a lot of people (including myself) that will experience sticker shock when the build/price tool is available. It seems like there's already several features that are not going to be available on the Pro trim (the current word is that retail customers can't get the ER battery) that might be a deal breaker for me. The XLT ER with some options is probably going to be pushing $70k

Sponsored

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
I think that with the $100 deposit, there's going to be a lot of people (including myself) that will experience sticker shock when the build/price tool is available. It seems like there's already several features that are not going to be available on the Pro trim (the current word is that retail customers can't get the ER battery) that might be a deal breaker for me. The XLT ER with some options is probably going to be pushing $70k
Yeah, I foresee a ton of people cancel their reservations when the build price comes online. I’d like a lariat with only a few options like towing functionality and I don’t think I’m going to be very impressed when I finally get to price it out this fall.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Hard to say. I put in a reservation for a Bronco last year July 13th about an hour and half after it opened. Ordered it in Jan and should see it in August. But, there’s a lot of people who were supposed to get their Bronco delivered in 2021 and it’s looking like a gamble if all of them will.

Something interesting happened though, people who ordered way after some people got their orders in and it was because of parts shortages. I went in to change my order two weeks ago to avoid all the shortage parts and I got picked for a build and issued a VIN this week. The manager said before I made my change Ford skipped 43 ( I’m # 17 )people in line to take number 50 off of their dealership list for a build/VIN. That will tell you how uncertain this process can be.

This year I started the minute it opened for the Lightning. I was able to get an order 10 and 13 minutes into it, for my father and me.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Sport, Chevy Colorado 4x4
There is a big difference between this and the Bronco. It's not hard top vs soft top, SAS suspension shortage, 2 DR vs 4DR, 2.3 vs 2.7 engine, manual vs auto trans. Had they introduced the Bronco with ONE model, ONE engine, One suspension, ONE top, it would have gone in order.

They woke up and learned from the Bronco. One F150 body style and wheel base. One. I trust the orders for the Lightning to follow reservation order.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
There is a big difference between this and the Bronco. It's not hard top vs soft top, SAS suspension shortage, 2 DR vs 4DR, 2.3 vs 2.7 engine, manual vs auto trans. Had they introduced the Bronco with ONE model, ONE engine, One suspension, ONE top, it would have gone in order.

They woke up and learned from the Bronco. One F150 body style and wheel base. One. I trust the orders for the Lightning to follow reservation order.
The Mach E has even less choices than the F-150 and they still didn't produce them in order. Remember that we have:
Pro
XLT
Lariat
Platinum

All but the Platinum have 2 battery options
Lariat and Platinum have twin panel moon roof

Lots of these differences will change the time to assemble them on the line. Then there is the issue of any parts shortages. The scheduling wizards will organize models to optimize line production rates. They will probably also batch them geographically to send out full train cars or car carrier trucks (they did this with the Mach E).

Lots of things will probably result in production that doesn't follow the order in which the trucks were reserved or ordered.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
It’s not the same. Ford uses the same cabs etc in the ICE version. Mach E and Bronco are starting from scratch while the incremental body volume is a rounding error compared to the 1 million F150s built now. Interiors are in production. I am thinking the XLT will be the easiest to produce because it uses the same screens. Wouldn’t Ford steal a few thousand screens from the ICE line to hit their 22 EV target? I would if I was running the show.

Ford already builds the power outlet system. As I said the skateboard is new but there are only two versions based on battery size.

Sponsored

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer
It’s not the same. Ford uses the same cabs etc in the ICE version. Mach E and Bronco are starting from scratch while the incremental body volume is a rounding error compared to the 1 million F150s built now. Interiors are in production. I am thinking the XLT will be the easiest to produce because it uses the same screens. Wouldn’t Ford steal a few thousand screens from the ICE line to hit their 22 EV target? I would if I was running the show.

Ford already builds the power outlet system. As I said the skateboard is new but there are only two versions based on battery size.
I think you are talking about whether it will be out on time. I agree. I was responding to the question about if there will be produced in order.

Brian Head Yankee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Who knows what games Ford will play about the order after the Bronco debacle! I am prepared to see at leady 5000 VIP, Priority, Youtubers to cut the line.

ChasingCoral

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired oceanographer