• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Ford F-150 Lightning Extended Range Lightning Pro is For Commercial Customers Only : Confirmed by Ford Capture.PNG

Good to have additional confirmation that the SR Pro is available to retail customers, but disappointing that the ER Pro is for commercial customers only.

(Author is Communications Manager for Commercial Vehicles North America)
Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
That sort of sucks. I really want the ER but I don't know if $60k+ is going to work for me.
I hope they reconsider but if not I really hope the carpet delete is available as it is on the ice XLT

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger, F-150 ⚡ (reservation)
I don’t really mind the ER battery only for Commercial, as I am planning on getting the XLT anyways, but it seems the larger Mach-E screen will be atleast an option on the XLT

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I wonder if the pro will have the option for the number pad on the door to lock/unlock the vehicle. Also I know phone as key isn't available on lower trims,but will you be able to lock/unlock through the app on lower trims?

OP
OP

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I wonder if the pro will have the option for the number pad on the door to lock/unlock the vehicle. Also I know phone as key isn't available on lower trims,but will you be able to lock/unlock through the app on lower trims?
The Pro doesn't have the keypad on the door. Ford just updated the spec sheet to add the Pro today. Quite interesting.

superds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
The Pro doesn't have the keypad on the door. Ford just updated the spec sheet to add the Pro today. Quite interesting.
Basically, Ford doesn’t want a bunch of retail customers piling into low profit margin ER Lightning Pro models. They want us all to buy the XLT for $$$$ more so they take away basic features many people want. I know I love my keypads on the door, so handy.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Well damn..... where's the updated spec sheet? I have only seen the one without the Pro.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
Basically, Ford doesn’t want a bunch of retail customers piling into low profit margin ER Lightning Pro models. They want us all to buy the XLT for $$$$ more so they take away basic features many people want. I know I love my keypads on the door, so handy.
Yeah, that's definitely why.

They can only make so many trucks, so they force people into the higher margin options (like Tesla and Porsche have done recently, too), BUT they have to keep the $39k version available because it's the headline grabber. And they hope no one actually wants it.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mastang Mach-E Grabber Blue First Edition
Yeah, that's definitely why.

They can only make so many trucks, so they force people into the higher margin options (like Tesla and Porsche have done recently, too), BUT they have to keep the $39k version available because it's the headline grabber. And they hope no one actually wants it.
Looking at the differences between Pro and XLT, I'm beginning to lean toward Pro for myself. I might spring for 360-degree camera, but most of the lifestyle truck features are of little use to me. I was already ruling out the extended range battery.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
What do we need to do to get blue cruise available on the XLT, cause if I'm paying $60k for a vehicle I want hands free driving. Also I refuse to buy a vehicle with leather seats so stepping up to a lariat isn't a solution (not to mention the cost).

That's one nice thing about Tesla, you can get self driving on any configuration of vehicle.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
What do we need to do to get blue cruise available on the XLT, cause if I'm paying $60k for a vehicle I want hands free driving. Also I refuse to buy a vehicle with leather seats so stepping up to a lariat isn't a solution (not to mention the cost).

That's one nice thing about Tesla, you can get self driving on any configuration of vehicle.
Maybe we need to start emailing Ford Reps or Ford Reps need to come in this forum and read. Blues Clues should be offered on the XLT.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Ok so I was just looking at the spec sheet again and for the love of god why is the 'interior work surface' (which I believe is what folds out from the armrest) not even available on the Pro trim....isn't this the exact feature you would look for in a work truck?
Sponsored