First Name
Brendon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 XLT
Occupation
Portfolio Manager
A Lariat would have been nice, but just too much money for me to justify on a car. Really wanted the Co-Pilot Active Prep, and that required 502A so I figured if I'm not getting that, might as well get the XLT and save some money.
Especially when the 302A comes with seat heaters and you can add leather for $1,200 through katskinz
Sponsored

Bobsputin

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Whats the difference between ship date and transit date? mine says "in transit" but only has a
shipped date.
Assuming Ship Date is the date it was loading on the Truck/Train. Transit Date is the expected # of days. Not really a date. Mine shows "18".

Green_Bean

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Retired musician

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Now we’re cooking with fire! Ford site finally updated this evening.

Ford F-150 5/17 Build Week Club 1621906229902

Jaylars

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 5.4 XLT SCREW and 2021 5.0 XLT SCREW
Occupation
Military
Now we’re cooking with fire! Ford site finally updated this evening.

1621906229902.png
Mine changed as well. Although strangly it has only a production date and a delivery date. It was built yesterday....I think.

Ford F-150 5/17 Build Week Club may 24th status.JPG

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Does anyone else have
Mine changed as well. Although strangly it has only a production date and a delivery date. It was built yesterday....I think.

may 24th status.JPG
Same, I still show "In Production" but my production date is 5/24. My blend date on the WS is 5/23. My delivery eta is 6/17 which shown under Estimated Dealer Delivery on the list but under Delivery it still shows N/A ?‍♂

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
For reference, my blend was 5/19 and it showed 5/20 as the In Production date on the tracker. It only just now updated built as of late in the day on 5/24 (The date shown is 5/23, but it didn’t actually show that until tonight). So it’ll take a few days, I had a spray in liner which may have accounted for some of the delay between in production and built.

pierowman

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Explorer Titanium 2016, F150 Platinum 2021
Yea mine also slowly added dates. Now its showing est. days for shipping

Ford F-150 5/17 Build Week Club 1621956327502

Blinky

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Congrats to those getting their trucks! Or at least showing built/shipped!

I had a production date of May 15th. And it's been sitting as In Production for 10 days now. I'm likely sitting in limbo waiting for parts. ETA is still June 8th to 14th. As those that shipped seemed to show built within 2-3 days of production date.

It is a little frustrating seeing trucks built after mine getting shipped out. That trucks are getting shipped/delivered does give me hope mine won't be stuck too long. I'm hoping it's just a Canadian order thing that it's waiting on shipping instead of parts . . .

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
Congrats to those getting their trucks! Or at least showing built/shipped!

I had a production date of May 15th. And it's been sitting as In Production for 10 days now. I'm likely sitting in limbo waiting for parts. ETA is still June 8th to 14th. As those that shipped seemed to show built within 2-3 days of production date.

It is a little frustrating seeing trucks built after mine getting shipped out. That trucks are getting shipped/delivered does give me hope mine won't be stuck too long. I'm hoping it's just a Canadian order thing that it's waiting on shipping instead of parts . . .
In Production for any length of time unfortunately likely means yours went to purgatory. From what I've seen if it's been built and released it's fully assembled and awaiting shipment. Although mine was built 5/12, released same day and has been shown as awaiting shipment ever since. One of my coworkers' trucks did the same thing last month and it dropped off the tracker for a couple weeks and just showed up one day. That's going to be a big pain in the ass for me if that happens.

Kinda frustrating to be working with potentially inaccurate data as I have a current truck to get rid of prior to it's arrival. Would be nice to have a heads up that it is or is not on it's way at the very least.

Sponsored

xtraman122

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘21 302A PB
Just got mine to update to Shipped with the check mark now showing up on the Built section.

Really makes no sense whatsoever why some move so quick and others have just sat forever. I’d be raging every time I saw another truck ordered after mine just go right through while mine sat. I even had PowerBoost, spray-in liner, work surface, and moonroof, all things people claimed slowed things down, yet somehow I’ll be 7 or 8 weeks depending on shipping time from order to delivery.

Just makes no sense. The only pattern I’ve seen is Dearborn seems a little quicker and more reliable than Kansas City, the highest trims (KR/Plat/Limited and sometimes Lariat) seem to be slower, and it seems like later orders (Orders placed since around 4/1) seem to actually be scheduled when they actually complete them. I gotta imagine they figured out having hundreds of acres of incomplete cars sitting out there was a bad idea.

Ford F-150 5/17 Build Week Club 1621965849090

Last edited:

petervenkman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat Powerboost
Ford F-150 5/17 Build Week Club CleanShot 2021-05-25 at 14.18.45@2x

Sticker has:
Blend Date of 5/20
Bottom Date 5/22

fingers crossed.

OCDoug

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150, focus, corolla
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just got mine to update to Shipped with the check mark now showing up on the Built section.

Really makes no sense whatsoever why some move so quick and others have just sat forever. I’d be raging every time I saw another truck ordered after mine just go right through while mine sat. I even had PowerBoost, spray-in liner, work surface, and moonroof, all things people claimed slowed things down, yet somehow I’ll be 7 or 8 weeks depending on shipping time from order to delivery.

Just makes no sense. The only pattern I’ve seen is Dearborn seems a little quicker and more reliable than Kansas City, the highest trims (KR/Plat/Limited and sometimes Lariat) seem to be slower, and it seems like later orders (Orders placed since around 4/1) seem to actually be scheduled when they actually complete them. I gotta imagine they figured out having hundreds of acres of incomplete cars sitting out there was a bad idea.
There's a pretty clear pattern at Dearborn at this point, at least as far as the purgatory builds go. Build weeks 3/15 through 4/26 (and maybe some in 5/3) had their trucks produced with missing modules and carted off the storage lots. As far as I'm aware, none of these ever made it to the "Built" status and are still "In Production" according to the tracker, whether they have a current ETA, past ETA, or no ETA.

From the 5/3 build week on, the majority of trucks seem to get to the "Built" step as normal and proceed to be shipped as normal. I can only assume that chips are being allocated to trucks coming off the line, rather than sorting out the mess in the storage lots.

All this to say, if you get to the "Built" step, you're probably fine. I further suspect that most of the orders from this build week will move through the process smoothly, at least when compared to the purgatory weeks.

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
There's a pretty clear pattern at Dearborn at this point, at least as far as the purgatory builds go. Build weeks 3/15 through 4/26 (and maybe some in 5/3) had their trucks produced with missing modules and carted off the storage lots. As far as I'm aware, none of these ever made it to the "Built" status and are still "In Production" according to the tracker, whether they have a current ETA, past ETA, or no ETA.

From the 5/3 build week on, the majority of trucks seem to get to the "Built" step as normal and proceed to be shipped as normal. I can only assume that chips are being allocated to trucks coming off the line, rather than sorting out the mess in the storage lots.

All this to say, if you get to the "Built" step, you're probably fine. I further suspect that most of the orders from this build week will move through the process smoothly, at least when compared to the purgatory weeks.
This is likely the most accurate scenario in the last couple weeks.

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 f-150 powerboost, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software

Plus the plant shutdowns and shift removals seem to indicate that they don't want to build too many more trucks with missing modules.
Sponsored