• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning's Trim Levels Explained
The new electric pickup is available in XLT, Lariat, and Platinum models, and a base model is coming, too. This is the equipment each one gets.

• The 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning will go on sale in the spring of next year.
  • It'll be available as base, XLT, Lariat, and Platinum models, and this is the equipment that they get.
  • Pricing will start at around $42,000 for the base model and $55,000 for the XLT; Ford has only announced MSRPs of $39,974 and $52,974 and has yet to confirm the amount of the mandatory destination charge.
The F-150 Lightning is the electric version of the F-150 pickup truck, and it'll go on sale in the spring of next year. When it does, it'll be available as base, XLT (pictured in red), Lariat (blue), and Platinum (silver) models similar to its gas-powered counterpart. It's only available as a four-door SuperCrew model with a 5.5-foot box, though, and there are two battery packs available. There's a Standard Range pack, which is targeting 230 miles of EPA-estimated range, and an Extended Range battery with 300 miles of estimated range. We won't know about the base work-truck model until next week, but this is what you'll be able to get on the three other models:

XLT ($55,000 est.)
The XLT model will serve as the base model for the average retail buyer. It comes standard with the Standard Range battery, but the larger pack is optional. The XLT does not get the light bar connecting the taillights that's on the Lariat and Platinum models, but a power tailgate and LED lighting in the bed are both optional. XLT models ride on standard 18-inch aluminum wheels with black accents, and 20-inch dark grey wheels are optional. The F-150's new 12.0-inch touchscreen powered by Ford's Sync 4 infotainment system is the only choice. Cloth seats are standard, and heated seats are optional. The XLT gets the 2.4-kW ProPower Onboard system as standard, and the additional 9.6-kW version is an option. The Tow Technology package, which includes a trailer backup assist, and the Max Trailer Tow package are available on the XLT. Ford's BlueCruise hands-free driving technology is not available on the XLT, but Ford's Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 package with adaptive cruise control, lane centering, and built-in navigation is.

Lariat ($59,000 est.)
Like the XLT, the Lariat comes standard with the Standard Range Battery, and the Extended Range pack is optional. Lariat models have gray 20-inch wheels. All Lightning models come standard with fixed running boards, but the Lariat and Platinum have available retractable running boards and a power tailgate. The Lariat comes standard with heated and cooled leather seats and the 15.5-inch vertically oriented touchscreen that uses Ford's Sync 4A infotainment system. An eight-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system is standard, and a function that allows you to use a phone as a key is available, too. The Lariat models come standard with the 9.6-kW ProPower Onboard. Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 is standard, and BlueCruise and active park assist are available on the Lariat. Both tow packages are available.

Platinum ($70,000 est.)
Platinum models are fully loaded and are only available with the Extended Range battery pack and 9.6-kW ProPower OnBoard. They ride on 22-inch wheels with black accents. They're equipped with Nirvana leather heated and ventilated seats with black stripes, the larger (15.5-inch) touchscreen, and an 18-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system. Ford's maximum recline front seats are available only on the Platinum. Both towing packages are standard on the Platinum models, as is BlueCruise.
Sponsored

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat 502A, 3.5L PowerBoost
Thanks for the details! Looks like I will be in a Lariat again. I want the nicer seats, but 22" wheels is just never happening for me and an F-150.

Service_Merchandise

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F-150
Thanks for the details! Looks like I will be in a Lariat again. I want the nicer seats, but 22" wheels is just never happening for me and an F-150.
Lol, tell me about it. Ford always figures out a way to make me come to the crossroads of "settle for the XLT & spend the big money on the Platinum. Because the XLT is cheaper, the Lariat is always missing something for the price. ??

Griddlez

First Name
Griddlez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Lariat ER - 21 Mach-E Prem AWD/ER
A tough question, what options are causing that Platinum to jump from 70k to 90k?

Sponsored

petemill

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 ER Lariat +PRB +Unleashed, '11 ford escape v6
Occupation
Software
Interesting that the B&O unleashed is not even an option on the Lariat. That's a difference compared to the 2021 regular F150

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Any idea what the upgraded battery back is going to cost? $10K maybe.
$70K OTD for the extended range Lariat seems pretty freaking good to me this is probably what I'll get.

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
This is probably most relevant for this thread. Let me preface it by saying, not my reservation. I found it elsewhere online.

Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Trims / Models Differences - Explained 91B73621-96EC-415E-B9B5-36B438D9E895

Over $90,000?! For what you’re getting, that’s a little excessive.....

MSRPs of $39K-$91K is a pretty wide spread!

Last edited:

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Interesting that the B&O unleashed is not even an option on the Lariat. That's a difference compared to the 2021 regular F150
Yeah I just read that and am bummed! I don't see the logic there. I have the B&O Unleashed on my Lariat now, and I am not wanting to step down because Ford won't make it an option, and I really, really, don't want to pay the up charge to Platinum and be stuck with 22" wheels just because of the sound system. Will keep fingers crossed they change the tune on that, but probably not.

DLav8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 501A Space White 5.0
Funny how much misinformation was floating out yesterday and today. Initially they were saying XLT for 52 came with the extended battery. Knew it was too good to be true. I really want that 300 mile range as the real world will reflect more in the 240ish range. Lariat and extended battery is going to be one pricey truck.

Hopefully the upcoming revamped EV tax plans will help take some of the sting off or I’ll continue ahead with my CT preorder.

Sponsored

Knickell

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda Protege, Ford F-150
Yeah I just read that and am bummed! I don't see the logic there. I have the B&O Unleashed on my Lariat now, and I am not wanting to step down because Ford won't make it an option, and I really, really, don't want to pay the up charge to Platinum and be stuck with 22" wheels just because of the sound system. Will keep fingers crossed they change the tune on that, but probably not.

I noticed that with many different optional features on the Lightning F-150. Not too much to add onto in regards to standalone options.

They are probably trying to make production cheaper and more efficient. Especially until they are certain if the Lightning F-150 is going to catch on and sell well enough or not. If it’s a fraction as popular as the standard F-150 I think there will be a lot more stand alone options and customization in the following model years.

As regular F-150 buyers, we really have it pretty good as far as crafting a nearly bespoke truck with all of the standalone packages and options. If you go on lost other auto manufacturers build and price tools, you’ll notice that they are pretty segmented as far as trim lines and options packages. Much less customization that the F-150.

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Same thoughts. And love the blue of your current F-150, that's the one I will choose. Lariat with the extended range battery and some other options with the $7,500 federal tax credit...I am guessing below $60k with x-plan?

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I noticed that with many different optional features on the Lightning F-150. Not too much to add onto in regards to standalone options.

They are probably trying to make production cheaper and more efficient. Especially until they are certain if the Lightning F-150 is going to catch on and sell well enough or not. If it’s a fraction as popular as the standard F-150 I think there will be a lot more stand alone options and customization in the following model years.

As regular F-150 buyers, we really have it pretty good as far as crafting a nearly bespoke truck with all of the standalone packages and options. If you go on lost other auto manufacturers build and price tools, you’ll notice that they are pretty segmented as far as trim lines and options packages. Much less customization that the F-150.
I agree, I guess I just get upset when they make choices that are foundational to the ride quality of the truck, but also lock options that you may want behind them. We got my wife a '19 Escape, and when looking for it, she wanted nothing on it except the steering wheel heater as she came to love mine on my F-150. Didn't care if it was cloth or leather, size of the screens, engine, none of it, all she asked for was heated steering wheel. We had to get a Titanium Escape with basically every option to get the heated steering wheel, which wasn't the end of the world, but it meant she had to get 19" wheels which rode rougher than the wheels on all other Escape levels.

Power Running Boards or Massaging Seats, they are great to have, but don't change the basic function of the vehicle. I guess I just have a real hard time when they make you get these awful riding huge wheels on vehicles just to get other nice stuff. Sure you can swap the wheels after you get it, but that comes with other headaches. I dunno, peak first world problem I guess.

kwon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2021 F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Corporate Finance
Just curious, I notice you went from a 2019 to a 2021 and are now talking about going from a 2021 to a 2022. Do you just eat the cost of the upgrade or are you just really good at negotiating prices?? I ask because I'm considering doing something similar so definitely not judging.

Vulnox

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just curious, I notice you went from a 2019 to a 2021 and are now talking about going from a 2021 to a 2022. Do you just eat the cost of the upgrade or are you just really good at negotiating prices?? I ask because I'm considering doing something similar so definitely not judging.
Hey, nah, I have been leasing the last few F-150s because the prices have just been so good I can't pass it up. I do 2 year leases since the residual on the F-150 makes it possible, and I get A Plan which brings down the front end price so much it's just a no-brainer.

The F-150 Lightning, while a 2022 model year, I am hedging the bet that I won't see it until my 2021 is due to go back, or near enough. I know when Ford said they are delivering them, but I also know when the Bronco was supposed to be in driveways so... :)

Worst case situation, I need to talk to the dealer about buying my '21 early. I have done that in the past to get out of leases as I generally have positive equity, or close enough to break even. In the worst of worst cases where I am upside down on an early turn in, I am sure the dealer can sell it to someone else, but that hasn't had to happen yet.

If I am honest though, my appetite for eating the cost of early upgrades isn't high. I would spend maybe $1-2k, but it would have to be something I reaaalllyy wanted and was just a great deal. I almost just kept my 2019 and bought it at the end of the lease, I absolutely loved that truck. But my want for the PowerBoost and Wireless CarPlay and some other goodies won me over.
Sponsored