5/3 Build Week Club

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
I can check a few VINs if needed, I have the same site Pioneer uses.
If you have a few minutes can you check mine for me?

1FTFW1ED2MFB62273

M14R

Thank you
Sponsored

huhner5

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 Platinum
Occupation
Farmer
Mine just changed to in transit this evening.. built on 5/6.. ordered 12/17/20

Hopefully in 7-10 days (SW MN) I will see it delivered

Lariat Sport 502a.. 3.5, power boards, Max tow, Dual roof, unleashed, 20s, wheel liners

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid

Lariat Sport 502a.. 3.5, power boards, Max tow, Dual roof, unleashed, 20s, wheel liners
This also gives me hope, low expectations, but high hopes, that my truck just isn't marked in the tracker correctly. There are trucks with any and all of the constrained options being shipped

Sponsored

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Did you have Max Tow, Max Recline, or work surface? Or any of the other constrained options?
This is complete BS. There’s a lot of urban mythology out there about what options will hold up your truck. My PB KR was built on May 4 and was reported on the truck to the dealer on May 7 and has literally every supposedly “bad” option, including 6.5 bed, spray bedliner, wheel well liners, console table, fully reclining seats, retracting bed cover, 7.2 inverter, etc. February 22 order at Grieco Ford, Delray Beach, built in Dearborn last week, on track to meet every date listed in the tracker, no issues whatsoever with supposed “delaying” options. Buy what you want folks. Life is short. FUD prevails.

MDH

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired
If you have time can you check on my ordered truck please?

VIN: 1FTFW1ED6MFB39398
Thank you,
Mark

Diceman

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid, Rapid Red, 6.5 bed
Occupation
Retired US Navy, retired manufacturing
Mine has met every date but the first build date (4/19) and I ordered everything but Max Tow back on 3/9. Both trackers showing shipped should make the 5/25 date to the dealer. I feel bad for the guys that ordered before me that haven't gotten their truck yet.

CWGriswold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford F150, 2021 Ford F-150 (Ordered)

Nice to see movement on trucks built this week! Hopefully they are taking care of our friends stuck in Ramp 59 also.

Sponsored

Broccoli Rob

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
This is complete BS. There’s a lot of urban mythology out there about what options will hold up your truck. My PB KR was built on May 4 and was reported on the truck to the dealer on May 7 and has literally every supposedly “bad” option, including 6.5 bed, spray bedliner, wheel well liners, console table, fully reclining seats, retracting bed cover, 7.2 inverter, etc. February 22 order at Grieco Ford, Delray Beach, built in Dearborn last week, on track to meet every date listed in the tracker, no issues whatsoever with supposed “delaying” options. Buy what you want folks. Life is short. FUD prevails.
Eh, sort of, those options are technically what will cause an order to be delayed in beginning it's build, some of them also require additional chips which can cause them to take longer to finish production of once the build begins. It's not urban mythology, Ford sends a list of constrained options to dealerships on a weekly basis.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
Eh, sort of, those options are technically what will cause an order to be delayed in beginning it's build, some of them also require additional chips which can cause them to take longer to finish production of once the build begins. It's not urban mythology, Ford sends a list of constrained options to dealerships on a weekly basis.
Well this week those options created zero delay on producing a truck in Dearborn yet people on this forum are being told that selecting one or more of them will (or at least may) impact how soon they will receive their trucks. It is simply untrue. I have seen entire threads here about how spray in liners require an extra week because the truck is finished and then sent offsite for the liner. Not True. I have seen threads indicating that the rear fender liners take extra time a the end of the line and the truck will be parked waiting for them to be installed. Also not true. These issues were NOT about chips or parts availability. They were about extra production hangs related to production time on specific options. Another big one was the retractable bed cover, supposedly could take a week because it also required a trip outside the factory. Also untrue.

So yes, calling BS on all of this. Order the truck you want, don’t try to strategize the process by cherry-picking options based on some silly forum advice about supposed delays being caused by certain items. I ordered every possible option on a King Ranch PowerBoost model with a 6.5 bed, and my truck flew through production in three days last week, went out the door to a convoy truck and is on its way to me now, putting the lie to all the rumors and advice around here about being cautious on ordering options that might delay a custom order. It is simply not a thing. Get the truck you want, not the one that some forum wise guy says you might get faster with/without some option you should/should not avoid. They have zero idea about which they speak.

spectre446

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler
Well that gives me hope, I also got a platinum, with max Recline and work surface, but I did also get max Tow, been "in production" / "produced" since 04/24 on every version of the tracker
I have a Lariat with max tow and interior work surface, built 4/29 and no updates since then.

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
Well this week those options created zero delay on producing a truck in Dearborn yet people on this forum are being told that selecting one or more of them will (or at least may) impact how soon they will receive their trucks. It is simply untrue. I have seen entire threads here about how spray in liners require an extra week because the truck is finished and then sent offsite for the liner. Not True. I have seen threads indicating that the rear fender liners take extra time a the end of the line and the truck will be parked waiting for them to be installed. Also not true. These issues were NOT about chips or parts availability. They were about extra production hangs related to production time on specific options. Another big one was the retractable bed cover, supposedly could take a week because it also required a trip outside the factory. Also untrue.

So yes, calling BS on all of this. Order the truck you want, don’t try to strategize the process by cherry-picking options based on some silly forum advice about supposed delays being caused by certain items. I ordered every possible option on a King Ranch PowerBoost model with a 6.5 bed, and my truck flew through production in three days last week, went out the door to a convoy truck and is on its way to me now, putting the lie to all the rumors and advice around here about being cautious on ordering options that might delay a custom order. It is simply not a thing. Get the truck you want, not the one that some forum wise guy says you might get faster with/without some option you should/should not avoid. They have zero idea about which they speak.
I'm not sure all this is really true, though, based on many people's experience here. It seems more luck based than anything. My truck is sitting built waiting on the bed liner for weeks now. Chances are if I hadn't ordered it with the liner it may be on its way to me now. Of course, I'll never know. It sounds like you just got lucky compared to the others that didn't whose trucks still aren't fully built or waiting on accessories.

bulger81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
I think u got to pick the options you need and want. I regretted not getting some things on my second car, but if ur going for a custom order a truck, go for everything or whatever u want. at the time of my order I got all the options I need, If I was an actively towing, I would spend the 3000 to 5000 extra to get the towing tech/engines, but I’m not towing so I can put my money into other features I want. i know people who could care less about cameras or tech, and others who want every feature u can buy. I see the limited as too much for me, so I got a xlt with just enough for my taste.
I think the timing of ur orders probably a bigger role in long waits. I think some options will set back ur schedule. I do know line x ran out of chemicals in my area, so if ur truck gets build when they r out chemicals u may wait. It’s a 3week wait for a commercial sprayin by linex now, but supplies go up and down daily, so everyones experience is different.
Sponsored