Sponsored

B&W gooseneck for 2021 F150 availability?

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum, 2020 Cadillac Escalade
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Does anyone have updates on the availability?
Sponsored

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost, 2022 Mustang Mach e
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
Just got off the phone with B&W, and they will have a gooseneck hitch kit by the end of the month. She had no info on whether it would fit the Powerboost or not.

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
I called them yesterday, as others have heard, it’s going to be the end of the month. They also said it would fit all engines.

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats, team! Can't wait to see everyone's unique trailers in action here, and strategies to mount the sensors.

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
Interested to see if the trailer towing software update will include adding the ability to use Backup Assist to control a gooseneck trailer like the Super Duty system

Sponsored

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
Well, the end of March has come and gone and no update from B&W on their web site hitch finder. Anybody heard anything?

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
She said they were very close. I’m under the impression they already have a part number and it could be ready in a week

Raicilla

First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat SCREW AMB 157" PowerBoost 7.2kW
Ha! "End of Month!" but... Which month?
Ford F-150 B&W gooseneck for 2021 F150 availability? -Trailer-Hitch-for-88-98-Chevy-GMC-Long-Bed-Trucks

Seriously, 'had a brief chat today with B&W:
They said indeed the engineering and fitment is done (by the end of March, as previously reported), but production and documentation (those cool pdf-instructions) won't likely be ready for shipping until the "End of April"

...just sayin'

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Ha! "End of Month!" but... Which month?
-Trailer-Hitch-for-88-98-Chevy-GMC-Long-Bed-Trucks.jpg

Seriously, 'had a brief chat today with B&W:
They said indeed the engineering and fitment is done (by the end of March, as previously reported), but production and documentation (those cool pdf-instructions) won't likely be ready for shipping until the "End of April"

...just sayin'
Thanks for confirming, at least we kind of have a light at the end of the tunnel

Sponsored

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
Called B&W yesterday, they said letters will be sent to dealers next week, telling them what numbers to order.

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
Called B&W yesterday, they said letters will be sent to dealers next week, telling them what numbers to order.
That’s good to know, I was going to call this afternoon. I think Ive been irritating the girl that answers the phone.

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
Called my B&W install dealer today to see if they could start ordering hitches this week like B&W customer service said. The dealer said they know what to order, but hitches are not available yet. The B&W factory reps who call on my dealer tell a completely different story than customer service. The hitches have not been fully tested and confirmed that they will work on all models and configurations, and won't be shipping until June or July,

Last edited:

Cobra427

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired auto engineer
NEWS FLASH! Got a voice mail late Friday from Stephanie at B&W, who said the Turnoverball gooseneck hitches are released for retail orders direct from the factory -IF you have called them, left your contact info, and are on their list of interested customers.
B&W is not accepting orders from dealers yet, just from those who have called the factory and inquired about the hitch for a 2021. Hitch cost is $549 with free shipping. Fits all models.

OP
OP
Tireman

Tireman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I’m a tire man
NEWS FLASH! Got a voice mail late Friday from Stephanie at B&W, who said the Turnoverball gooseneck hitches are released for retail orders direct from the factory -IF you have called them, left your contact info, and are on their list of interested customers.
B&W is not accepting orders from dealers yet, just from those who have called the factory and inquired about the hitch for a 2021. Hitch cost is $549 with free shipping. Fits all models.
I was able to get one. But they told me it had to be sent to the dealer. We own a few tire stores who have used them in the past so I just had it shipped there. It is shipping this week.

But at this point I’m not even really sure why I’m doing it. If you are going by the book, there really isn’t enough cargo capacity to take advantage of a gooseneck. It sure does tow a lot better though.
Sponsored