oil catch can, who has one?

tx_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XL 2.7L Ecoboost
OK, I just got my new truck, and have been hearing about the oil catch can and what it does. My question is how many of you have one? Is it or could it get that bad that it's a necessity, and were did you get yours?

Thanks
Sponsored

85Mustangman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Supercab/ 6.5 box, 2.7, 302A, Antimatter
Occupation
Retired
OK, I just got my new truck, and have been hearing about the oil catch can and what it does. My question is how many of you have one? Is it or could it get that bad that it's a necessity, and were did you get yours?

Thanks
I too am in the 2.7 eco boost club and wondering the same thing. From what I have been able to piece together, any potential negative effects to the turbo are only in cases where the turbo doesnt spin up much (ie driving very timidly). there was an engineering change made to the 2.7 EB a couple of years ago to improve the condition but i guess there is still a low risk of damage.

they are not that expensive a device and i would think that Ford engineering would include in the engine system if truly worthwhile.... OR they are being cheap and banking on warranty issues being smaller than the cost of adding this to the engine. (ie the people vs 1973 Pinto or mid '60s Corvair).

OP
OP
tx_Eric

tx_Eric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XL 2.7L Ecoboost
got it, thanks

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
engineering would include in the engine system if truly worthwhile.... OR they are being cheap and banking on warranty issues being smaller than the cost of adding this to the engine. (ie the people vs 1973 Pinto or mid '60s Corvair).
Nothing wrong with that Corvair.
Essentially the same rear underpinnings as a VW Bug and nothing was wrong with that.
Sponsored