First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Retired
I just changed mine at 4500 miles and used Mobil 1 extended performance full synthetic. No measurable oil consumption prior to the change. I used it also in my Mustang 5.0 Coyote with no issues at all.
Sponsored

Agashi25

First Name
Arban
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang GT PP CO
I did mine at about 1500 and used Mobil 1 Extended Performance Full Synthetic and a K&N filter. The one with the nut on the end so its easier to remove. The factory filter seems to have been installed by a gorilla, and there wasn't enough room on the sides the fit my oil filter wrench in, so it seemed like a good idea to have another way to remove it available.
Glad I wasn’t the only one.. factory filter was put on with glue. I destroyed the filter getting it off. Lmao

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lead Foot Gray XLT 5.0 Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Veteran
Glad I wasn’t the only one.. factory filter was put on with glue. I destroyed the filter getting it off. Lmao
How the factory worker that installs our oil filters walks in to work everyday ?

Ford F-150 Oil Brand Recommendations tenor

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A SCrew 5.0 157" 4x4
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
There's a test study out there by Bob is the oil guy that shows the "incredible protection" of Quaker State Ultimate Durability full synthetic being at or near the very best on the list. Don't sleep on it - I have used it a lot with great results and it's CHEAP at Walmart.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
There's a test study out there by Bob is the oil guy that shows the "incredible protection" of Quaker State Ultimate Durability full synthetic being at or near the very best in the lost. Don't sleep on it - I have used it a lot with great results and it's CHEAP at Walmart.
Thank you sir, I will check it out!

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one...

Ford F-150 Oil Brand Recommendations PXL_20210507_142820347

Lippy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Glad to hear I wasn't the only one...

PXL_20210507_142820347.jpg
This makes me feel a bit better that I won't have to struggle like I did to get the original filter off in the future. It was a bitch.

uavmx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Can someone confirm the correct oil filter PN and oil weight for the Powerboost please? (yes I'm lazy and don't want to look in the manual)

Last edited:

Uncle_Booty

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT 302A SCrew 5.0 157" 4x4
Occupation
Commercial Truck Leasing
OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran

Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Anyone who needs to get an oil filter off that’s either really tight or in a stupid location, pierce it through with a screwdriver to loosen it that first 1/8th of a turn. If it’s on really tight, pierce both sides or you might tear a hole in it instead! A bonus is sometimes it helps drain the oil with less mess.

Here are a few images courtesy of the internet:

Ford F-150 Oil Brand Recommendations DDB842BE-B1F9-46C2-AF61-2E96D88B6568
Ford F-150 Oil Brand Recommendations ADF0F9EE-7351-44BC-8ED4-88F6E22CDDFE

Bowmaker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Sport 5.0L
Occupation
Carpenter/project manager
Surprised to see nobody mention royal purple. I started running this in my last truck and saw immediate returns in mpg. (+1.5ish) It is expensive but it makes me feel good about myself.

And I had a mangled oil filter on my first change as well....to hell with that guy

OP
OP
Tizzzo

Tizzzo

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Veteran
Surprised to see nobody mention royal purple. I started running this in my last truck and saw immediate returns in mpg. (+1.5ish) It is expensive but it makes me feel good about myself.

And I had a mangled oil filter on my first change as well....to hell with that guy
Be careful bro some guys on here might think you’re crazy noticing a difference between oils :ROFLMAO: royal purple is solid but I do think Mobil 1, pennzoil,and amsoil are better especially for the money according to multiple oil tests and comparisons.

Louis

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.enormis.net
Vehicles
21 F150 Crew 3.5 Lariat Sport 502a 6.5bed FX4
Occupation
Biz Owner
I was the same way before, never cared for brands as long as it was the same weight and full synthetic but I'm telling you that after driving that Shelby daily for 3 years that I am 100 percent sure that Amsoil performs as advertised. I literally felt the difference, not necessarily any horsepower increase or anything like that but the motor was much much quieter, the small idling engine noises (ticks, rattles, etc) were greatly reduced and it just felt way smoother probably due to the lubricity. I had done plenty oil changes before with motorcraft or castrol and checked the oil constantly and it never had it running as smooth as it did when I switched to Amsoil, even after doing fresh oil changes with other brands. Projectfarm has a good youtube video up putting oils of the same weight against each other (Lubricity,thermal breakdown,flow,etc) and Amsoil came out on top. Pennzoil was the runner up.
Tizzy i am right with you.
Also, I agree.. Project Farm videos are amazing.
Fyi. I do use the boss Purolator oil Filters since 2015 on my 3.5 eco motors.

Rkh51

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep jl Toyota rav4
I was skeptical at first until I tried it, the 5.4 32v is a noisy engine with a lot of vibration, and felt smoother/quieter after I switched brands. I get that its hard to believe lubricity can be something you can feel until you drive it daily and get used to a vehicle and feel the switch for yourself but I felt it. If I'm changing the oil myself why not spend a few extra dollars and go with a better quality oil? Reminds me of a friend that would tell me "oil is oil and gas is gas" but you have cars pinging and knocking when running low quality gas and engines noisy and rattling with crappy oil lol.
the 4.6 5.0 and 5.4 are all the same engine just different bores and head and such but they in the modular family of engines that’s why they have similar noises and issues
Sponsored