Couple things . . .

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White F150 XLT
Howdy! I've had my truck now just over a month and noticed a few things. I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed as well:

1. Center Console - when i open up the console i used to the lids staying up once opened. My console lid tends to fall back down unless i hold it up with my elbow. Is this just the design or should it not be falling down?

2. Auto Stop - I've noticed sometimes if I'm waiting in line to drop my kids off at school and stop, the auto stop comes on and the truck shuts off, but if i sit there for say 3-4 minutes the truck will start back up. Why does it come back on?

3. Lifts - Every place I've been to so far has told me for the 21's there's really only a leveling kit out right now. Everything else is either backordered or hasn't come to market yet. Yesterday I reached out to an auto shop in Dripping Springs and the guy told me he could get me a 3" RC lift. Anyone with experience on this lift? Looking for recommendations.

Thanks! I'll shut up now and listen.
Sponsored

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
Howdy! I've had my truck now just over a month and noticed a few things. I wanted to see if anyone else has noticed as well:

1. Center Console - when i open up the console i used to the lids staying up once opened. My console lid tends to fall back down unless i hold it up with my elbow. Is this just the design or should it not be falling down?

2. Auto Stop - I've noticed sometimes if I'm waiting in line to drop my kids off at school and stop, the auto stop comes on and the truck shuts off, but if i sit there for say 3-4 minutes the truck will start back up. Why does it come back on?

3. Lifts - Every place I've been to so far has told me for the 21's there's really only a leveling kit out right now. Everything else is either backordered or hasn't come to market yet. Yesterday I reached out to an auto shop in Dripping Springs and the guy told me he could get me a 3" RC lift. Anyone with experience on this lift? Looking for recommendations.

Your truck will start back up to cycle the climate control.

jperry5835

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Hybrid Platinum
can't help with 1 and 3 but on the autostop question, it will come back on due to AC demand and a couple other things will cause it to start back up after a period of time.

OP
OP

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
can't help with 1 and 3 but on the autostop question, it will come back on due to AC demand and a couple other things will cause it to start back up after a period of time.
Makes sense. Thanks JP!

Sponsored

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker

1. Mine has never done that, except when parked facing downhill on steep incline, and I have the FX4 package which has a little more rake that the other packages. Maybe the level kit I had installed has prevented that from happening on my truck the rest of the time.

2. In addition to the climate-control situations that have already been mentioned, it will also start back up if you lift your foot enough on the brake pedal without actually completely releasing the brake, or removing your foot. Also if you happen to jiggle the steering wheel just enough to fool the computer into thinking you're turning. Personally, the auto start-stop that seems to really bother a lot of folks, is not something that concerns me at all. Whenever I want to avoid the barely noticeable lag when it's time to move, I will intentionally either wiggle the steering wheel enough to restart, or I will lift my foot enough on the brake pedal (without releasing the brake) to also restart. Spending money to disable it is something I will never even consider. But I understand that a lot of folks have different thresholds on certain things that annoy them more than others, and can be bothered enough to take more aggressive steps to eliminate it completely. We all use/drive our trucks differently, and we all have things that annoy us more or less that others.

3. Most lifts are on backorder, but are slowly starting to catch up. I can't comment on the RC 3" lift since I've only done a level.

Welcome to the '21 F150 Club!

OP
OP

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1. Mine has never done that, except when parked facing downhill on steep incline, and I have the FX4 package which has a little more rake that the other packages. Maybe the level kit I had installed has prevented that from happening on my truck the rest of the time.

2. In addition to the climate-control situations that have already been mentioned, it will also start back up if you lift your foot enough on the brake pedal without actually completely releasing the brake, or removing your foot. Also if you happen to jiggle the steering wheel just enough to fool the computer into thinking you're turning. Personally, the auto start-stop that seems to really bother a lot of folks, is not something that concerns me at all. Whenever I want to avoid the barely noticeable lag when it's time to move, I will intentionally either wiggle the steering wheel enough to restart, or I will lift my foot enough on the brake pedal (without releasing the brake) to also restart. Spending money to disable it is something I will never even consider. But I understand that a lot of folks have different thresholds on certain things that annoy them more than others, and can be bothered enough to take more aggressive steps to eliminate it completely. We all use/drive our trucks differently, and we all have things that annoy us more or less that others.

3. Most lifts are on backorder, but are slowly starting to catch up. I can't comment on the RC 3" lift since I've only done a level.

Welcome to the '21 F150 Club!
SNO - appreciate all the feedback. Looks like i'll be taking it in to the dealer to have them check the console. it seems small but bugs the heck out of me!!

I completely agree with you on the auto stop. I like the function but i remove my foot completely. Maybe i'm just lazy but really like the fact i don't have to hold down the brake.

Yeah, i keep going back and forth on level vs. lift. Seems like a level is the safe way to go but i can't seem to shake the way these trucks sit with a 3-4" lift! Never had a level or lift on any of my trucks so fairly new to this set-up and trying to weigh all the pros and cons.

Thanks again!

snoshuu

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4/Sport(302A) -5.0- Velocity Blue
Occupation
Troublemaker
SNO - appreciate all the feedback. Looks like i'll be taking it in to the dealer to have them check the console. it seems small but bugs the heck out of me!!

I completely agree with you on the auto stop. I like the function but i remove my foot completely. Maybe i'm just lazy but really like the fact i don't have to hold down the brake.

Yeah, i keep going back and forth on level vs. lift. Seems like a level is the safe way to go but i can't seem to shake the way these trucks sit with a 3-4" lift! Never had a level or lift on any of my trucks so fairly new to this set-up and trying to weigh all the pros and cons.

Thanks again!
You're welcome!

My other thoughts on lift vs level....
Prior to receiving my truck I had planned to install a 4" BDS lift with 35" tires. The the lack of lift kit availability forced me to reconsider and install a level instead. I also went with 34" in tires which when it was all said and done, I was glad the change of plan accomplished a few things.
  1. MUCH less expensive.
  2. No noticeable difference in ride quality.
  3. No noticeable difference in fuel economy.
  4. Did I mention MUCH less expensive?
Yes, I also agree that a lifted truck looks better, but sometimes circumstances dictate direction.

Good luck with your dealership fixing your console lid, and with your lift vs level setup decision.

OP
OP

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You're welcome!

My other thoughts on lift vs level....
Prior to receiving my truck I had planned to install a 4" BDS lift with 35" tires. The the lack of lift kit availability forced me to reconsider and install a level instead. I also went with 34" in tires which when it was all said and done, I was glad the change of plan accomplished a few things.
  1. MUCH less expensive.
  2. No noticeable difference in ride quality.
  3. No noticeable difference in fuel economy.
  4. Did I mention MUCH less expensive?
Yes, I also agree that a lifted truck looks better, but sometimes circumstances dictate direction.

Good luck with your dealership fixing your console lid, and with your lift vs level setup decision.
Yup, lots of things to considered! Thanks again for your thoughts.

imgone10

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 FJ Cruiser, 15 TRD Pro 4Runner, 2021 Lariat.
Occupation
Construction / US Army 84-96

Thanks again!
If you have the auto hold on the brake set, you should be able to completely take your foot off the brake with out the truck starting.

Sponsored

OP
OP

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If you have the auto hold on the brake set, you should be able to completely take your foot off the brake with out the truck starting.
correct, that's what i do, however sometimes the truck starts back up without me doing anything

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
correct, that's what i do, however sometimes the truck starts back up without me doing anything
That's normal in auto stop. RC is a good inexpensive option for level. But why not just get level puck style kit?

OP
OP

LTDXLT

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's normal in auto stop. RC is a good inexpensive option for level. But why not just get level puck style kit?
Because i keep leaning to a lift, ideally a 3-4" lift. Readylift hasn't come out with one that i know of. BDS is backordered. Zone doesn't have one i've found yet.

Daily22ssv

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 powerbost
Occupation
Tech
Because i keep leaning to a lift, ideally a 3-4" lift. Readylift hasn't come out with one that i know of. BDS is backordered. Zone doesn't have one i've found yet.
Oh ok. It should look good haven't seen many 3-4 inch lifts yet. Dripping springs is a nice town!

ghanvass

First Name
Shai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Limited Powerboost

I have the same problem with the center console lid. My dealer is going to replace it under warranty. Hopefully that fixes it!
Sponsored